Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   Camping (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/982045-camping.html)

Sparx Macgyver 08-11-2010 04:54 PM

Camping

So good news. While at my locla wally-world (shut up, I needed some socks and white t-shirts.), my sister was with me, and we browsed for a while. Well, eventually made it to the sporting/outdoors area, and she dropped a bomb on me. She wants to go camping. :-dancing1

That is like the most awesomest thing I've had her say yet, and yet a big suprise, but still awesome.

Now I gotta get my truck fixed so we can go. :'( lol

bpounds 08-11-2010 05:58 PM

Where do you have in mind?

Sparx Macgyver 08-11-2010 11:49 PM

I know theres a camp ground off in Chino, somewhere around the 91. I wanna start her off lite, so she can get a feel, and if she get into it, then we can go from there. Maybe hike up into the Forest Falls area? Those are the only places I've ever gone, next to Lake Arrowhead.

SteveBricks 08-12-2010 08:27 AM

Lots of choices here: Angeles National Forest - Welcome!

dsquared 08-12-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sparx Macgyver (Post 9209694)
I know theres a camp ground off in Chino, somewhere around the 91. I wanna start her off lite, so she can get a feel, and if she get into it, then we can go from there. Maybe hike up into the Forest Falls area? Those are the only places I've ever gone, next to Lake Arrowhead.

Benjamin:

The place in Chino you are thinking of is Prado Regional Park, on Euclid.

Been years since I've been. Used to be lots of flies due to the dairies nearby; don't know if that's still the case. IIRC, shower and bath facilities were clean and nice.

Are you tenting or trailering?

NumberDummy 08-12-2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by dsquared (Post 9210654)
Benjamin:

The place in Chino you are thinking of is Prado Regional Park, on Euclid.

Been years since I've been. Used to be lots of flies due to the dairies nearby; don't know if that's still the case.

Most of the dairies have moved out (were forced out in most cases) to San Jacinto and Hemet, some moved to AZ.

The land mostly has been used for new housing, some of it lies fallow, since the economy died.

btw: Have y'all seen those TV ads toutiing Real California Milk? It may not be from real California cows any longer.

bpounds 08-12-2010 02:39 PM

I hope the cows are still happy. They ask for so little, and give us so much.

Beef! It's what's for dinner.

Sparx Macgyver 08-12-2010 06:38 PM

Hahaha. Seen'em, but not in awhile.

Tenting. I figure I can get what we need for cheaper that way.

Brett99 08-13-2010 01:17 PM

I had to buy an RV for my wife to go camping. Now we go out in it at least once a month.

bpounds 08-13-2010 02:38 PM

Don't know how far you want to go, Sparky. But William Heise park in San Diego county is a beautiful place to tent camp. In the hills near Julian. Overrun with wild Turkeys.

Sparx Macgyver 08-13-2010 06:36 PM

I'll put it down on my list. first is getting the truck up and running agian (hoping to have the trans installed tomorrow).

I havn't gone camping in quite some time, not since I was a boy scout.

timbuctooCal 08-15-2010 12:37 PM

eastward ho

Joshua Tree Nat Park
Lots of people world wide go there. Usually in fall to spring due to heat.
I dont thinks it gets over 100 mid summer.
Google it for pics and surrounding stuff

Originally Posted by Sparx Macgyver (Post 9208107)
So good news. While at my locla wally-world (shut up, I needed some socks and white t-shirts.), my sister was with me, and we browsed for a while. Well, eventually made it to the sporting/outdoors area, and she dropped a bomb on me. She wants to go camping. :-dancing1

That is like the most awesomest thing I've had her say yet, and yet a big suprise, but still awesome.

Now I gotta get my truck fixed so we can go. :'( lol

Serg450 08-17-2010 08:21 PM

Went out to Baker creek out in the Inyo National Forest. You need a 4X4 to get uo the elevation we were at. 10400ft above. Some of the best camping I have ever done.

SteveBricks 08-17-2010 08:23 PM

Baker Creek right out of Big Pine Serg?

Serg450 08-17-2010 08:24 PM

Not sure were that is. We went through Bishop then hit the mountains.