Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 - 2014 Ford SVT F150 Raptor (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum243/)
-   -   how does the raptor handle onroad? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/981579-how-does-the-raptor-handle-onroad.html)

93 mix 'n match 08-09-2010 10:38 PM

how does the raptor handle onroad?

just wondering how the raptor handles onroad? can it corner good(for a pickup)?

phydough 08-10-2010 12:44 AM

My 6.2 handles like a doll. Takes the twisty roads better than my '02 F250 2wd. Freeway driving does require staying on top of things, as it wanders a bit. Soaks up potholes and frost heaves easily. Great brakes for having 35" tires.
On dirt it where the Raptor really shines, it's like driving a big rally car.

93 mix 'n match 08-10-2010 01:01 AM

hmmm....then i guess people over 40 dont know how to drive them? haha im dying to drive a raptor. man, the things id do with that truck.

ArtsBest 08-13-2010 10:21 AM

Phydough...Is it just me or what but those 35"'s you referred to shouldn't they be about 2" inches higher/taller? The Raptor looks great with its husky appearance and all but the truck looks "lonely" with those empty wheel wells??? A TALLER tire/rim setup would look much better IMHO. What size can one go to "fill-in" that wheel well? Any opinion?

357windsor 08-13-2010 02:59 PM

I'd love to have one. Wonder how much it can tow?

phydough 08-14-2010 12:11 AM

ArtsBest, I don't think 37's will fit, I have less than 3/4" between the tire and the rear of the fender while turning on flat ground. The tires nicely fill the wheel wells upon landing.
357windsor, Tow rating is 6000 pounds. I haven't towed with it yet so no towing reports.
93 mix 'n match, Are you calling me old? I'm over 40 by a bit and do know the proper way to drive a Raptor, hard. Just kidding you, I am old and still act like a child.

Go get a Raptor and have a blast.

Fox Fader 09-23-2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by 93 mix 'n match (Post 9201974)
just wondering how the raptor handles onroad? can it corner good(for a pickup)?

Way better than it looks like it can. I like it 'on road'.

transferred 09-23-2010 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsBest (Post 9214451)
Phydough...Is it just me or what but those 35"'s you referred to shouldn't they be about 2" inches higher/taller? The Raptor looks great with its husky appearance and all but the truck looks "lonely" with those empty wheel wells??? A TALLER tire/rim setup would look much better IMHO. What size can one go to "fill-in" that wheel well? Any opinion?

It's you. Going bigger than 35s would negatively affect off road stability and the room above is needed so the current wheel set up can not just articulate down but also crunch up into the wheel well. 37s would leave a hole in your hood.

Styling-wise and ability wise, Ford did a great job. With the 6.2 and possible inclusion of Terrain response, the EC Raptors are really tempting as a kickass weekend toy. Good job FOMCO:-drink