Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   What did you do to the X today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/980894-what-did-you-do-to-the-x-today.html)

wallz 09-18-2010 10:00 PM

Mine got a much needed wash today, and a quick touch up wax. Gotta luv wax in an spray can. :)

AlaskanEx 09-19-2010 12:30 AM

im changing oil tomorrow switching her to 5-20 full synthetic mb-1...then i may install my 15" sub/800w amp if i feel like it. i havent had bass in so long i almost forgot what its like lol

jh818 09-19-2010 02:27 AM

Changed the oil with Mobil 1 5-20 with Motorcraft filter. Takes about 6.5 qts. of oil.

Toreador_Diesel 09-19-2010 02:59 AM

Yesterday, I made a run from DFW to Houston in record time running 70 on a few back country roads...She ran exceptionally well and almost seemed like she wanted to go faster :p

Today, I think I found what was finally draining my battery for the longest time: my cigarette lighter. Not the power point, but the cigarette lighter...I tested the powerpoint and the one on the second row with a multi-meter and got 13.5-14 volts. I tested the cigarette lighter and only got 9-10.3 volts, so I unplugged the cigarette lighter. The results will show tomorrow morning, but thats what I did with my X today.

chris3421 09-19-2010 07:53 AM

Yesterday I switched the arm rest covers. Looks great now! Wanted to wash it but chance of rain all weekend.

Excurvelle 09-19-2010 07:56 AM

I may wash my Ex today, we took it camping last weekend hauling Boy Scouts, it is a mess.

jdw1 09-19-2010 08:53 AM

New Moog down links on the 2000 X on 9/10, Moog part #'s K80273 and K80274

186'000 on oem's.

slenser 09-19-2010 04:39 PM

I had he tranny flushed by Ford and now enjoy better shifts, espcially when cold. I'll be so glad when I can enjoy a month of not doing some significant maintenance. I still have to do brakes, coolant flush and steering linkage before I think I am good for a while and can add some toys! I love my truck, but she is costing me quite a bit.

Snowseeker 09-29-2010 06:32 PM

Installed new diff cover today. $56.00 for fluid... I thought the old pan was rusted threw and leaking but it was fine. Something hit the rear end just on the very lip next to the cover and dented the casting just enough to leak. I filed it down before installing the new cover.

https://img813.imageshack.us/img813/...endcover00.jpg

wallz 09-29-2010 11:24 PM

Renewed insurance for the year today. Few more weeks and I get to throw on the winters and do my bi yearly maintenance.

AlaskanEx 09-30-2010 01:10 AM

tinted my taillights the other day, then tonight i installed my 15" RF subwoofer and 800W amp.

WE3ZS 09-30-2010 01:33 AM

Installed a pair of ebay power tow mirrors, actually did it last Friday and it was much more fun dragging the toyhauler on Saturday with them as opposed to when we brought it home with the small stock mirrors. The hellwig is still in the box waiting it's turn, I hope to get it on this Friday, the buggy really needs it. The wife and son want to race (Quarter Midgets) upstate on Saturday about a 180 mile round trip and I'm not looking to do any highway miles without the hellwig. Hopefully the rain will let up enough to get it done, and to allow us to race....

Skip1970 09-30-2010 01:41 AM

studded my tires, but ran out of studs, som only got 2 and 1/2 studded! hehehe:-X24

BoulderLionX 09-30-2010 11:02 PM

Did the door mod on rear passenger side, but will probably go back and redo it with latex instead of the present vinyl. Then I washed it by hand, and when that was done, power buffed the front bumper to get some surface rust spots out.

WE3ZS 10-01-2010 07:18 PM

Installed Hellwig rear bar!

I installed a Hellwig rear anti-roll (sway) bar today. About 2 hours from reading the (poor) instructions to putting the tools away and washing up.
WOW! What a difference. I can't believe Ford actually sold these trucks without one! The handling is so much improved it's like a different truck.
My wife took it after dinner on an errand and called me 2 minutes into her trip giggling and shouting "Whooo-hoooo! I can drive it A LOT FASTER now!" I just told her to hang up and slow down, she is a very "energetic" driver. Her car has 98k miles on it and is on the 5th set of tires and the 11th set of brake pads (all 4 corners), WHEW! She did some Micro-Sprint racing back in the day and hasn't lifted since. She almost got us thrown out of Dover Speedway during a Driver's Experience track day driving Busch Grand National stock cars. While attemping to pass the instructor's car (you're not supposed to) she turned a 141mph lap. The school's owner was pretty impressed once he calmed down and realized she was a she! He lost that enthusiasm once he found out she was preggo (2.5 mos). Yeah she's a little loco, but I love her! :-X04