Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   New to FTD - 2000 F350 With Questions (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/977621-new-to-ftd-2000-f350-with-questions.html)

Big Bill in Tn 07-27-2010 10:00 AM

New to FTD - 2000 F350 With Questions

I'm located in Cleveland Tn and could use some help locating good local sources for Mech. work possible a scanner and parts.

Bought a used F350 DCC TD with a few issues and looking local for help.

I have asked to join the Tn chapter to FTE.

Anyone local to me in or around Cleveland...even N. Georgia?

Neal 97 250 07-27-2010 10:24 AM

Welcome to FTE Bill. And Welcome to the Tennessee chapter.
There may be some good advice from this chapter for locations of good sources in Cleveland.
But there is also a location on here for the 7.3. Ask about any question and we can get you an answer. From what ails your truck to part numbers to help spending your money on your next mods.
Here is a link for you:
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

I am curious as to what your issues are. I may be able to help some.

scottzj 07-27-2010 10:34 AM

Welcome Bill to the site and to the chapter!

Big Bill in Tn 07-27-2010 10:54 AM

Very quick reply - Thanks

I am curious as to what your issues are. I may be able to help some.[/quote]

So far I've come up against a hard start issue that maybe GPR or plain GP related. It will start but after siting for 24 hr I have to plug up the heater.

Had to replace a brake line to the rear and there is a Pwr Steering leak.

I'm at work }> in Nashville and my Bro-in-Law is at the house in Cleveland working through the issues.

I've got to do the CAI 6637 filter as the stock box has a broken clip.

I thinking of taking the truck to the Ford Dlr fri and have a scan done check out any issues. What do you think.

Big Bill in Tn 07-27-2010 11:19 AM

The truck has 640K on it but the engine is a Jasper Reman with about 130K. So I'm looking for any recomends on first things to do to it.

Should I change all fluids and filters?

The CAI-6637 is next for Bro-in-Law after the brake and pwr Steering and then maybe exhaust?
Ideas on a good tuner or chip for MPG's first then power conciderations as I will be pulling a 35 or 36 ft 5th wheel?

Customcab 07-27-2010 11:22 AM

Just wanted to jump on the "Welcome Wagon" to say hello.
Sorry I can't help ya; all my toys are Old School way before the injection & computer era!
Welcome aboard; several members live in your area; either in the Cleveland Tn area or down in Choo-Choo land!

Neal 97 250 07-27-2010 02:06 PM

Bill check out the Members map in this Chapter. It will show you who is close to you.

Oh and Chips. I would go with either DP Tuner, Tony Wildman or Power Hungry Performance.
You will see alot of DP fans. He is the most popular especially with the SD's. TW is more popular with us OBS trucks. It is merely opinion.

One more option that may be best suited for you is Beans Diesel Performance. Actually now that I think of it Beans can do anything you want as far as codes, chips upgrades, turbos etc. And they are a great group of people to work with. Friendly, nice and helpful.
For even more mods Swamps Diesel performance is up the road from them too. And they are both in your backyard there in Nashville.

White 97 xlt 07-27-2010 05:16 PM

Welcome to the TN chapter Bill.. Good to see someone else from Cleveland, I think that makes 3 of us now, "Slammed I am" is the other, I know I didn't get his name right but it will give you something to look for..

Sorry I can't help you with your truck troubles, I know virtually nothing about diesels and really don't know who to recommend locally.. But I will ask around for you..

You mentioned your truck had 640K on it, funny thing I had an old 76 F150 that had 519k on it when I gave it to my son.. It was on it's second engine and third c-6 and it was still going strong when he traded it off....:-X09

Welcome again..

SixStringMadness 08-02-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Big Bill in Tn (Post 9154386)

So far I've come up against a hard start issue that maybe GPR or plain GP related. It will start but after siting for 24 hr I have to plug up the heater.

I had this issue with my old '99, would not start during the winter without the block heater, and the summer starts were slowly getting harder.

With those two symptoms, I would lean towards the injectors. The top end oil which is about 3 quarts operates the injectors, and will tend to lead to injector failure if not maintained. It does not cycle through the engine oil system very well, and is a prime candidate for cause of injector issues.

If you have more symptoms though, maybe we could narrow it to something else