Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum39/)
-   -   Finding a 67-72 Short Bed (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/976396-finding-a-67-72-short-bed.html)

coolhand_luke 07-23-2010 02:03 AM

Finding a 67-72 Short Bed

I have a 72 F100 Sport Custom short bed 4x4. I have done a ton of work fixing it up as best I can. One thing I have noticed is I cant find a decend short bed for sale anywhere. My truck's bed is rusted pretty bad so I have been looking for a decent bed. No such luck! I have found plenty of long beds though.
I guess my question is weather or not this is a common problem. Are short beds more rare and harder to come by? I have looked for parts trucks with short beds and havent come accross any either. Is anyone else out there having no luck in the short bed hunt? If I do happen to find one, am I lookin at paying $1000+ for a bed?

PS: I live in Northern California if anyone knows of one for sale.

jowilker 07-23-2010 04:11 AM

Bill, da Number Dummy sez they are a dime a dozen in Cali. and you sez you can't find one. Maybe you can contact him for more info.

John :-X06

coolhand_luke 07-23-2010 12:26 PM

Whats the Number Dummy and how can I contact him?

Phil105 07-23-2010 01:31 PM

Number Dummy

Originally Posted by coolhand_luke (Post 9141221)
Whats the Number Dummy and how can I contact him?

You can find him in the Members List as Number Dummy.

Not sure if these links will work for him or not but you can try.

first today 07-23-2010 02:16 PM

Try using search tempest. Search under F-100. You put your zip code in and how far you want to travel. It will scan all of craigslist at one time and post the results.

SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist

RichS2659 07-25-2010 02:37 AM

Another way to look for a bed is to look for home-built PU bed trailers. Sometimes the beds will be in good condition, not having been worked that hard. You can buy the trailer, swap beds, and then sell the trailer for close to or more than what you originally paid.

Mustangtoby2001 07-25-2010 09:50 PM

I've got the same problem, southwest colorado. Lots of longbeds, very few shortbeds. The few I do find have a stepside, not fleetside. I'm looking at maybe buying some patch panels from LMC and welding them in, if I can't fix what I've got. Same truck, 71 shorty.

garbz2 07-27-2010 01:34 AM

I call BS short beds bumps are hard to find. I find long beds all day long but not short beds. Not being able to find one here prompted the long bed conversion of the crew cab.

1972 Ford Short Bed Truck

Here is a smoking deal for some one for a AZ rust free.

Garbz

dot239 07-27-2010 10:18 PM

i have the same probloms

Originally Posted by coolhand_luke (Post 9140073)
I have a 72 F100 Sport Custom short bed 4x4. I have done a ton of work fixing it up as best I can. One thing I have noticed is I cant find a decend short bed for sale anywhere. My truck's bed is rusted pretty bad so I have been looking for a decent bed. No such luck! I have found plenty of long beds though.
I guess my question is weather or not this is a common problem. Are short beds more rare and harder to come by? I have looked for parts trucks with short beds and havent come accross any either. Is anyone else out there having no luck in the short bed hunt? If I do happen to find one, am I lookin at paying $1000+ for a bed?

you'r in the right place to find that bed.i just moved from clinten ,nc and i found lots of truck'and parts for 70-72 f100 .try calling this guy bill 760-724-8449 he hase all cinds of parts maby he hase one ,try good luck

jaCeeBlue 10-08-2014 12:10 PM

Hello. I have a short bed truck that is half way through customizing. I just got the frame sandblasted, cleaned and painted. New disc brakes on front, transmission cleaned and new fluids etc. New redone rear drum brakes. All the parts like fenders, inner and outer front have all the paint removed except for the inner wall of the two inner front fenders.
The hood has epoxy and so does the bed. However, the bed has a slight problem in the floor of it. At one time it must of had an accident. I will sell the whole thing for $11,500.

jaCeeBlue 10-08-2014 12:13 PM

my 67 F100 2WD Short bed

I wondered if you would be kind enough to tell me what gauge is the walls on a frame or chassis for a 67 F100 2WD Short bed? I was asked that question and I do not know where to find the answer. Please help me if possible. JC

crazed87bronco 10-08-2014 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by jaCeeBlue (Post 14725724)
I wondered if you would be kind enough to tell me what gauge is the walls on a frame or chassis for a 67 F100 2WD Short bed? I was asked that question and I do not know where to find the answer. Please help me if possible. JC

Do you have a pair of calipers or a micrometer? That will tell you the answer real quick.

HIO Silver 10-08-2014 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by crazed87bronco (Post 14726105)
Do you have a pair of calipers or a micrometer? That will tell you the answer real quick.

HF has a decent digital micrometer for $10 with a coupon. A metal gauge is also available from your local welding shop.

crazed87bronco 10-08-2014 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by HIO Silver (Post 14726186)
HF has a decent digital micrometer for $10 with a coupon. A metal gauge is also available from your local welding shop.

Digital gettin fancy now haha I'm used to the old ways. That's how I learned :-drink

mr.sondeland 05-30-2021 01:13 PM

Bed for sale

​​​​​​I have a f100 short bed with tailgate if you're still looking for one.