Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Bullydog outlook monitor (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/965726-bullydog-outlook-monitor.html)

Nkelly 06-14-2010 03:10 PM

Bullydog outlook monitor

Anybody got 1 of these ? :)

Riffraff Diesel: Bully Dog Outlook Monitor

Thinking it might save me the hassle finding homes for ALL the guages we require LOL :)

Riffraff Diesel 06-14-2010 03:12 PM

Actually those were suppose to be pulled from the website since they have been discontinued and we have run out of our stock as well. Sorry Bryan, but here is an alternative. Personally, I still prefer the gauges though.

Riffraff Diesel: WatchDog™ Economy Monitor

Nkelly 06-14-2010 03:45 PM

Oh very nice clay and cheaper :)

You think gauges are much more accurate/reliable ????

I just ordered a couple of bits from ya :-drink

Riffraff Diesel 06-14-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nkelly (Post 9001336)
Oh very nice clay and cheaper :)

You think gauges are much more accurate/reliable ????

I just ordered a couple of bits from ya :-drink

Gauges are my preference since if you lose one you still have the others and you aren't relying on the PCM for your info. Are you planning on running a tuner?

Nkelly 06-14-2010 03:54 PM

yer mate,i am,and even more so now,went and gave chunderdownunder a visit whilst im here in sydney,took his truck for a spin with the DP tuner, OMFG what a different truck,definately getting the DP tuner }>....

ChunderDownUnder 06-14-2010 06:11 PM

Man you should see the computer setup Bryan has got in he's truck. Blew me away. Great to catch up with ya m8.

Nkelly 06-14-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder (Post 9001813)
Man you should see the computer setup Bryan has got in he's truck. Blew me away. Great to catch up with ya m8.

LOL except for me console,got back to shanes place,said to his mum Quote: Brians got a much better console than yours mum. *wack*

jwhitetail 06-14-2010 08:43 PM

Riff it looks like the new one does'nt read trans temp.

Riffraff Diesel 06-14-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by jwhitetail (Post 9002572)
Riffraff it looks like the new one does'nt read trans temp.

I updated it for you, sorry about that.

Nkelly 06-15-2010 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance (Post 9001346)
Gauges are my preference since if you lose one you still have the others and you aren't relying on the PCM for your info. Are you planning on running a tuner?

Yes i am clay ??

jwhitetail 06-15-2010 08:24 AM

Riffraff, what do you mean by updating it?

Riffraff Diesel 06-15-2010 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by jwhitetail (Post 9004013)
Riffraff, what do you mean by updating it?

Real Time Fuel Economy
Average Fuel Economy
Trip Fuel Economy
Load
Coolant Temperature
Manifold Absolute Pressure
Engine RPM
Speed
Timing Position
Air Intake Temperature
MAF
Throttle Position
Fuel Level
Battery Voltage
Ambient Air Temp
Transmission Temp
Pyrometer
Boost
IPW
Barometer
Oil Temp
ICP
*Not all functions are compatible with all vehicles

bdrummonds 06-15-2010 09:19 AM

I had the Outlook monitor way back in 2005, and hated it. The numbers bounce around so much you just have an idea of what is going on, and when the sun gets the LCD nice and hot after sitting in a parking lot it gets very dim, and is really hard to read until everything cools down. Now I am not speaking about the new one that Clay posted a link to, but the original Outlook.
IMHO spend your coins on a good set of analog guages, becuse then you are reading each individual function, and not what the fooled PCM (boost) sees.

Riffraff Diesel 06-15-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by bdrummonds (Post 9004173)
I had the Outlook monitor way back in 2005, and hated it. The numbers bounce around so much you just have an idea of what is going on, and when the sun gets the LCD nice and hot after sitting in a parking lot it gets very dim, and is really hard to read until everything cools down. Now I am not speaking about the new one that Clay posted a link to, but the original Outlook.
IMHO spend your coins on a good set of analog guages, becuse then you are reading each individual function, and not what the fooled PCM (boost) sees.

Yep, exactly, I tried one last year and it is like watching a slot machine sometime with out fast the numbers move.

Nkelly 06-16-2010 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance (Post 9004235)
Yep, exactly, I tried one last year and it is like watching a slot machine sometime with out fast the numbers move.

LOL i stay the standard guages then :-X0A6