Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   N. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum90/)
-   -   Ok, enough quietness... what is everyone doing this summer? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/965173-ok-enough-quietness-what-is-everyone-doing-this-summer.html)

fastmover 06-12-2010 02:38 PM

Ok, enough quietness... what is everyone doing this summer?

I am going to NYC for a class next week. I plan to install a stereo in my truck and paint the bottom of it. A few family friends are coming over later in August.

So, what are all of you doing?

Nighteyez 06-12-2010 05:23 PM

No big plans, trying to get enough hours at work to pay off my stupid court fine and get my license back. Already got a car cheap (the Buick) but can't legally drive it because of a ticket I got years ago, and forgot about. :mad:

powerstoked! 06-13-2010 02:32 AM

Livermore rodeo this weekend, Michigan for a week starting on the 16th... camping trips up to the northern stanislaus river somewhere later this summer, along with a trip to murphys to go to mercer caverns... some beach time, hiking big basin end of july... maybe a backpacking trip through Yosemite later on this summer too... And who knows what else?

TigerDan 06-13-2010 04:47 PM

The usual...working my butt off trying to keep my head above water, (which means taking whatever work I can find from Sac. to the Bay Area and points in between) going on 4-wheeling trips in the Rover and playing gigs with the Seadogs all up and down the West Coast. Other than that, not much...:D

nevrenufhp 06-15-2010 06:37 PM

This past weekend I was going to replace step daughter's exhaust manifolds. They break at the pipe flange, and I already welded both sides back together once. I checked pricing, and it turns out that a set of chrome BBK shorty headers will bolt up in place and cost the same as OEM. I ordered em on Thursday from Summit, and got em on Saturday. I spent 6+ hours getting them things in on Sunday. The good part, looks good, and no more exhaust smell in the cabin. It's a 2000 mustang convertible, V6. If the smog shop dont like em, I'll have to come up with some carb EO number & sticker.

Fat Diesel 06-15-2010 11:04 PM

I've been messing around with the 64 Falcon convertible most of the spring. Finished the 4 wheel disk brake swap. Also put a Trac-Loc 3.25 3rd member in the 9". Sweeeeet!

On the truck I have flushed the coolant, which is a pain to do right but at 250k+ miles it feels good to get that done. I did it once before at about 110k. Also bought the correct wrenches and replaced the fan clutch. Was not getting any engagement of the fan even under extreme conditions. Then I replaced the clutch/pulley/electromagnet on the AC compressor. Nice and freezing cold again. Have never added refrigerant in all 11 years of it's life! Ready to camp.

Drove the '10 T to downtown San Jose then to Hollister and then tried to make it back to SJ... The high gear clutch was slipping and generating too much heat. Couldn't put all 20 ponies to the ground! Ran it out of water and it died. 100 year old block sucked it up and was fine once it cooled and water was added! That same block sucked it up and was fine when my dad ran it out of oil and seized it a few years ago. I guess they really don't make em like they used to.

Next up is a new cage on the dune buggy and new cables on the CRF 450!

Jag Red 54 06-16-2010 11:01 AM

I just finished my new welding cart. It's built Ford Tough and even has an emergency fire alarm switch.:-X10

I have also been going to alot of shows and swaps lately. (June 25th is the first Sac Vintage Ford show. June 27th is the next swap at Sac State Univ.)

I'm also working on fixing my drink box in the garage. It stopped cooling and I just replaced a compressor starter switch last night. It seems to be cooling down gradually.:9

Jag

joe f350 06-16-2010 03:32 PM

geting my truck on the road

lucky_strike 06-16-2010 07:42 PM

ill be working on getting my drivers license so i can drive my truck!

most of the summer ill be looking for a job, while doing what ever odd jobs i can find to save up and do some stuff with the truck. july ill be taking a train from hanford to missouri, then driving back to visalia with my brother in law. (he has a 03 ranger)

besides that nothing really to big this summer

oh yea! and ill be drinking on june 29th as thats my 21st birth day!

TigerDan 06-17-2010 12:16 AM

Oh, and to add to my earlier post, I just landed a part in a movie so I should be working on that in August...:D

joe f350 06-17-2010 12:18 AM

dan u in a moive what it called attak of the old people

olfordsnstone 06-18-2010 10:27 AM

Speaking of "old people"... What am I doing this Summer???
RETIRING!!!
:-dancing1

I'm pulling the plug on my 32 year fire fighting career at the end of July so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up. I figure that being able to start a second career (for most people) at my age is a rare opportunity. Most people need to wait until they're all wore out to open a new chapter, but I'm doing it while I can still limp around. Looking forward to new opportunities and locking into a more flexible schedule so I can have more "me time" when I need or choose.
:-X22

Jag Red 54 06-22-2010 09:41 AM

All right Tim! You made it. Some people bet on retirement and lose by waiting too long. If I were you, I would join one of the local car/truck clubs. Ford Federation and F-100 Elites are both full of great people. But the Townsmen and the Over the Hill Gang are good too. They all have regular events and get-togethers. :-D

And in your spare time, you come over to my house and help me work on my Fords.:-yeahrigh

Jag

olfordsnstone 06-22-2010 12:13 PM

Working on Fords always sounds like fun... Specially if it's someone else's. Lots of fun ribbing the poor guy with the wrench every time he busts his knuckles.:-X24
But you know that goes both ways, right?...:-innocent