Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   N. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum90/)
-   -   Welcome to our newest member - lucky_strike (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/963175-welcome-to-our-newest-member-lucky_strike.html)

fastmover 06-05-2010 10:49 AM

Welcome to our newest member - lucky_strike

I want to welcome our newest member, lucky_strike. He lives in Visalia and is an owner of '69. In my mind, there are never too many bumpside Fords.

Welcome to our chapter. We are a group of Ford truck owners and enthusiasts who share information, stories, and have a good time.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us about your truck and your plans for it.

lucky_strike 06-05-2010 11:41 AM

thanks fastmover,

i bough the truck 2 weeks ago from my great uncle who bought it brand new back in 68
i would love to do a fram off resto, but i dont have the skill for that lol. first on the list is having to get new tires, then try and see what i can do about the bed,paint, get it lowerd a bit, from there ill have to see where it goes!

nevrenufhp 06-05-2010 09:28 PM

Big welcome to you and your Bump!

TigerDan 06-06-2010 02:00 PM

Hi and welcome...another bumpside owner here as well...!

olfordsnstone 06-06-2010 11:16 PM

Welcome to the club Lucky Strike. Good bunch of folks here to help you out with your project whether it be advice, morale support, a little help when it comes time for wrenching (or watching:-X04)...
Glad to have you aboard.

joe f350 06-07-2010 10:35 AM

diesel swap anybody :D

lucky_strike 06-07-2010 01:40 PM

dont have the skill or tools to do anything like that lol

powerstoked! 06-07-2010 05:08 PM

man oh man! Frame offs, IMHO, are the easier way to go if you can spare having the truck down for a little bit. Helps you to really learn everything about the truck too! I love projects like that... me and a buddy did a 66 f-100 last year with no motor or tranny in it and had the whole truck stripped in a couple of hours! haha chop shop! It's a desert truck now, looks purty

lucky_strike 06-07-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by powerstoked! (Post 8976551)
man oh man! Frame offs, IMHO, are the easier way to go if you can spare having the truck down for a little bit. Helps you to really learn everything about the truck too! I love projects like that... me and a buddy did a 66 f-100 last year with no motor or tranny in it and had the whole truck stripped in a couple of hours! haha chop shop! It's a desert truck now, looks purty

i could have it down for a while..im not driving it any time soon, im trying to tackle some things by myself. just moved from sac to visalia so none of my buddies are here to help lol.

joe f350 06-09-2010 11:35 AM

the swap is easy lol

lucky_strike 06-09-2010 06:00 PM

ill see what happenes lol, anything like that would have to wait.

Nighteyez 06-12-2010 05:12 PM

Welcome to the chapter, you are not too far from me here in Fresno. I don't currently have any Ford trucks, but maybe someday one will come my way again.