Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   NY's April Chat and B/S Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/944883-nys-april-chat-and-b-s-thread.html)

tiny1 04-19-2010 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by GLR (Post 8787509)
Morning Chris. What's going on today?? Neil must be slacking this AM

So that is why my ears were burning a little while ago. Morning everyone and I hope that the day is treating you well.

GLR 04-19-2010 09:14 AM

good morning Neil. How's the eye today?

tiny1 04-19-2010 09:16 AM

My eye is feeling much better and the redness has been gone since Saturday. I need to go back to the eye doctor on Weds. and hopefully I will get cleared.

How is it going today in VA?

GLR 04-19-2010 09:26 AM

62 and sunny. Doing some picking up and checking over trailer for inspection. This is the time when I pull the wheels and pack the bearings. I only put about 3000 miles on it since last time. But better now than on the road.

tiny1 04-19-2010 09:31 AM

It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to that.

It is in the upper 40's and sunny here today. It is suppose to top out in the upper 50's which will be nice. I mowed the lawn for the first time on Saturday even though it was a little wet due to the showers/frozen precip that we had.

tiny1 04-19-2010 09:48 AM

NY Chapter members please READ

donjamer 04-19-2010 09:49 AM

Good morning Neil, George, Carl, Steve, Chris, pat and everyone..

What happened to the eye Neil??

tiny1 04-19-2010 10:01 AM

Hi Don, last Tuesday mornign I went to leave home for work and I had a flat tire. TRied getting the spare down with no luck so I had my wife come home so that I couls snag the Edge. Took her back to work, dropped the tire off to get repaired and went to work myself. Tuesday night I got the tire back on and I figured that I would try to get the tire down. I had no luck even with beating on it with a sledge. While I was under it, I had some crap fall into my left eye and I ended up getting an abrasion on my cornea. Weds. morning my eye was as red as my truck and it felt like I had gotten punched in my eye with how sore it was. I have been putting special drops in it to help it heal and I have not been able to wear my contacts because of the abrasion so I am dealing with the glasses which I really do not care for.

donjamer 04-19-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by tiny1 (Post 8787787)
Hi Don, last Tuesday mornign I went to leave home for work and I had a flat tire. TRied getting the spare down with no luck so I had my wife come home so that I couls snag the Edge. Took her back to work, dropped the tire off to get repaired and went to work myself. Tuesday night I got the tire back on and I figured that I would try to get the tire down. I had no luck even with beating on it with a sledge. While I was under it, I had some crap fall into my left eye and I ended up getting an abrasion on my cornea. Weds. morning my eye was as red as my truck and it felt like I had gotten punched in my eye with how sore it was. I have been putting special drops in it to help it heal and I have not been able to wear my contacts because of the abrasion so I am dealing with the glasses which I really do not care for.

Ouch!! I know what those feel like and they're not fun..

I had 2 of the abrasions on the cornea over the years..

The glasses may be a pain, but at least you still have sight..

tiny1 04-19-2010 10:59 AM

So very true there Don. I am just use to wearing contacts and the biggest issue is just not being able to look out of the corner of my eye and being able to see clearly.

GLR 04-19-2010 12:29 PM

Afternoon all, the race is on. 109 laps, 88 in the lead.

tiny1 04-19-2010 12:41 PM

Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!! way to go Jr.

GLR 04-19-2010 12:51 PM

Lap 144 Jeff Gordon 1st Jr 2nd

sddesigns 04-19-2010 01:18 PM

any update on the race?

FORD RANGER 04-19-2010 02:26 PM

its almost over