Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Moving to Traverse City (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/943416-moving-to-traverse-city.html)

Toyman 03-27-2010 09:18 AM

Moving to Traverse City

Well as you can tell by the title, I'm moving to Traverse City. We found a nice house that we liked and will fit our needs well. It just happens to be on the west side right accross form the bay, and it includes 100' of water frontage on the bay.

Definitely looking forward to starting the new job and getting settled in up there, but I can't move until May.

Gooing to Florida for spring break, takin the truck down there. Hope to get some cool pictures of it. Thinkin of hitting the race track, and maybe DEI shop. We'll see, lots to do down there and only a week to do it.

Toyman

FordBlueHeart 03-27-2010 11:19 AM

Congratulations. M22 is a beautiful drive. How far up? What's your nearest crossroad? I assume you are now going to be residing in "The County" as the locals call it. (Leelanau). There is lots to see and do within a half hour drive.

bigredtruckmi 03-28-2010 05:03 AM

Good luck on your move. Enjoy the winery on the penninsula. It is great. Also the fresh fruit in the fall is appitizing. Enjoy the smells this spring OH wait your not moving til May. But the smells of the blossoms from the trees can be overpowering but smells great. ENJOY!:-jammin

Toyman 03-30-2010 08:15 PM

Won't be that far up on 22. Actually just out side Grielickville. It's about 5 miles from where 37 "T's" at the bay. not far from town at all.

Pretty excited to move, lots of work but I guess i'm ready. just need a trailer and alot of motivation on the weekends.

FordBlueHeart 03-30-2010 09:24 PM

Nice and close to all the action then. I'm getting married in October at Timberlee, just off from Cherry Bend Rd.
We have been looking at some houses close to Grelickville too. Not on the water, but possibly views. I owe too much on my house south of town though. At least I've got 5 acres and lots of state land around me.
Lots of festivals start happening around May. Including the mushroom festival in Mesick. Huge 4x4 get together and mudrun.

Talyn 03-31-2010 10:44 AM

Yea, the mushroom thing is a big deal.

Toyman 03-31-2010 07:59 PM

Nice, there should be plenty to do. I know we'll spend a bit of time getting settled and familiar with the area. It'll be great to get together sometime and meet/have a beer.

Wish it was all done. but there is alot of stuff to move and very little time to do it.

FordBlueHeart 03-31-2010 08:04 PM

Sounds good. I wish my truck was ready, I would give you a hand moving. I guess its still a month away before you will be moving.

FordBlueHeart 03-31-2010 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Talyn (Post 8709556)
Yea, the mushroom thing is a big deal.

I loves me some morel mushrooms! They are forecasting rain this weekend, hopefully it makes them pop!

Toyman 03-31-2010 08:27 PM

i'm hoping to find/rent a car trailer to help in the move. prolly gonna be like 3-4 trips between my stuff and the girlfriends stuff.

I'll have 2 trucks, but with the stacks on mine now there won't be much going in the box. Hopefully it won't be as bad as i'm thinkin.

Damn iphone has ebay on it so i found and bought another truck today. Good thing i sold the 1980. LOL oh well, at least the 05 won't have to plow anymore.

FordBlueHeart 04-01-2010 07:00 AM

What did you find on Ebay? A project?

Talyn 04-01-2010 10:30 AM

if your nice, i'll let you borrow my 12 foot enclosed trailer.

Toyman 04-06-2010 08:45 AM

I dont think a 12' trailer will haul my tool box, but thanks. I need a race car trailer. looking for one while i'm down here in florida.

I found a 2000 F350 that has the same plow mounts as my plow. all the wiring and everything is there, so all i have to do is drive up to the plow and hook it up :-X04. It's just a regular cab gas, red, 145K, XLT. I have a little stock pile of parts that I can throw at it and make it a little more comfortable.

FordBlueHeart 04-06-2010 10:28 AM

Good find Toyman!

TheBigBee 04-06-2010 11:47 AM

I have a 24foot enclosed snowmobile trailer sittin in LAnsing that may be available to use