Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   nissan full size (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/94340-nissan-full-size.html)

cek181 01-25-2003 11:00 PM

nissan full size

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/Fu...,24367,00.html

what do you guys think about this?

truckfreak69 01-26-2003 04:23 PM

nissan full size

as much as i hate to say it, it looks like a good truck that listens to the enthusiast. I wouldn't buy one for the sake it's a Nissan, and although they have an American plant, much of their money still leaves this country. I wish other companies would listen to the enthusiast, like FORD when it comes to certain things. It's supposed to have over 300 horsepower and over 375 ft. lbs. of tourque. an optional spray in bedliner and boxes for storage in the bed. As well i believe a locking diff. option etc. etc.

Also, it's only a half inch short of having to have lights on the side, I think with a grille insert to disguise that Nissan logo it will be a very attractive pickup in black too. It seems they took a lot from Ford on the interior look. But it looks like the quality (the way it integrates, I'm sorry but ford's cheap sterios really feel out of place) may be a step above. I dunno haven't seen either in person, but the Tundra will definately have comptetion.

As well they built it to be strong enough to handle a supercharger, I believe because they want to make one available from the factory (again listening to enthusiasts)

cek181 01-26-2003 07:14 PM

nissan full size

looks like some pretty impressive specs..... but what remains to be seen is if it's still on the road after 100,000 miles + of day in and day out towing and hauling and being worked to the nuts....

91f250460 01-26-2003 11:15 PM

nissan full size

It doesn't look too bad. But hopefully it has a sturdier feel to it's chassis and sheetmetal. My friend has a tundra, it sounds like a aluminum can and wanders all over the road with even the slightest load in the bed. I won't buy a nissan but hopefully a new competitor in the market will cause a price war. If we are lucky they will underprice it to get it into the market and other truck builders(Ford) will do the same to keep up volume. Maybe then I can retire my 91 for a 03.

christop43 01-26-2003 11:51 PM

nissan full size

When there is competition the consumer wins

Sherlock101 01-27-2003 08:02 PM

nissan full size

I just wanna know how long they sat around working on that engine. I do not know of them ever producing a V8 even overseas. toyota at least had some practice before they sold the Tundra. The looks of the truck itself I don't care for but that is just my opinion. I will keep on dreaming of someday owning a new Ford.

Sherlock and Watson with 4.9 I6

truckfreak69 01-28-2003 09:56 AM

nissan full size

They do produce trucks and commercial equipment overseas....

Sherlock101 01-28-2003 08:00 PM

nissan full size

I know about them selling overseas. Most of what they make though is either diesel or smaller than V8. I know of their Patrol which is their full size SUV for Europe, Africa etc. It is made in Spain and they are owned by Renault. The gas Patrol might have a V8 in it. I had forgotten about that one. I still don't like it though...

Ratsmoker 02-01-2003 10:40 PM

nissan full size

Putting all bias aside. Out of all the foreign automakers that are popular in the states nissan would have to be the poorest quality. Toyota trucks have them beat down hardcore. I wouldn't trust nissan for a large vehicle of any kind.

freejay 02-02-2003 09:40 AM

nissan full size

In regard to their V8s, as far as power goes, Infiniti (Nissan's lux line) has i believe 4.5L V8s putting out around 340 horses. But thats in a car too...

superdutyspv 02-06-2003 12:48 AM

nissan full size

I keep wondering if it is going to be a "real" full size, or a full size wanna be. How can anyone call a Toyota Tundra full size??? Sheesh, give me a break!

AOGDEN 02-06-2003 06:53 AM

nissan full size

I owned an '86 Nissan p/u years ago. When I sold it, it had 38000 miles on it. I still work with the guy that bought it. He drives it to work everyday,80 miles round trip, total of 192000 miles and still going strong. It starts right up and runs real smooth. I really don't think that I would buy another though. Our 2 largest customers are New Venture Gear & Borg-Warner. You have to remember who butters your bread.

vman 02-12-2003 08:48 PM

nissan full size

I'me sure they built it to compete with toyota. Toyota built the tundra because americans want a truck(regardless of size) to have a V-8. Just wonder why they needed that big of an engine.

Hi Ho 02-13-2003 11:45 PM

nissan full size

192,000 is nothing. I have 460,000 miles on my 1977 Ford F-250. All original and I tow a trailer frequently.

V8toilet 02-19-2003 03:11 PM

nissan full size

Originally posted by 91f250460
It doesn't look too bad. But hopefully it has a sturdier feel to it's chassis and sheetmetal. My friend has a tundra, it sounds like a aluminum can and wanders all over the road with even the slightest load in the bed. I won't buy a nissan but hopefully a new competitor in the market will cause a price war. If we are lucky they will underprice it to get it into the market and other truck builders(Ford) will do the same to keep up volume. Maybe then I can retire my 91 for a 03.
SO IGNORANT! :rolleyes: I load my truck all the time with over 1000 lbs. in the bed and sometimes don't even know it's there.

I'm a carpenter!