Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Diesel mechanica near Memphis(Cordova) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/935979-diesel-mechanica-near-memphis-cordova.html)

viking89 03-03-2010 12:10 PM

Diesel mechanica near Memphis(Cordova)

Hello everyone

I'm trying to find a good mechanic that could do a pre-buy inspection on a 2000 F350.
The truck is in Cordova TN. If anyone can recommend a shop that is reasonably close by I would greatly appreciate it. I live in Florida and don't want to fly up there and the truck be a POS.

viking89

Greywolf 03-03-2010 09:27 PM

I have a next door neighbor who's been working on BIG diesel for a little over a year now, who was an exceptional mechanic before he got into that - but I don't know if he would be interested in a thing like this.

I would have to ask him about it. I need to borrow an inch-pound TQ from him this weekend anyway.

But I suspect you are looking for an outright professional shop to do a complete pre-inspection for you. I can see if he recommends anyone...

Fifty4F100 03-06-2010 11:49 AM

Diesel Care and Performance is a good shop in the Cordova area. I don't know how they stack up cost wise as they have been too backed up when I've needed work. I have used Christian Brothers Automotive in Cordova as they have a good diesel mechanic that used to work at DC&P. They are not cheap. but they are good. Google either of these using 38016 for a zip code.

hott-rodd 04-19-2010 04:49 PM

I think we could keep a good diesel tech busy around this town.
I'm looking for one also.

scottzj 04-19-2010 05:12 PM

The guys at Diesel Care and Performance Inc 1-800-961-9290 are really good and fair in my eyes and know many others that have gone there. Shoot me ur info via pm and see if I can help in anyway. I am always glad to help out others.
Scott

scottzj 04-19-2010 05:41 PM

Opps sorry didnt realize this was an older post, but still let me know if I can assist. My good buddy and one of the best diesel mechanics passed away a few years ago, Sean Bias (RIP), so its been a few years since I have had a diesel, so trying to get a feel on everyone.

Fifty4F100 04-20-2010 08:29 AM

If I understand correctly, Diesel Care and Performance has moved to Millington.

scottzj 04-20-2010 10:39 AM

Hmmm I didnt know that....I will have to check on this and see. I work on the Navy Base, so that would mean they are close to me.

Fifty4F100 04-20-2010 08:55 PM

My source:

http://www.dieselcare.us/

What do the base personnel think of your hair?

scottzj 04-21-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fifty4F100 (Post 8794336)
What do the base personnel think of your hair?

Well they just call me Steven Seagal, as I usually pull it slicked back in a pony tail. But I used to shave my head for years until I had reconstructive shoulder surgery. During that 6 months, I couldnt shave my head and it started to grow. I asked those around me, what they thought about me having long hair, and most didnt care. So I said, what the heck, and grew it out. 3 years later and somehow, I still have it. My wife cant believe I have lasted this long with it.

Oh Glenn, where in Bartlett do you live? I live north side off Old Brownsville in the River Crest Neighborhood....on Misty River Road.

Fifty4F100 04-21-2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by scottzj (Post 8795509)
Well they just call me Steven Seagal, as I usually pull it slicked back in a pony tail. But I used to shave my head for years until I had reconstructive shoulder surgery. During that 6 months, I couldnt shave my head and it started to grow. I asked those around me, what they thought about me having long hair, and most didnt care. So I said, what the heck, and grew it out. 3 years later and somehow, I still have it. My wife cant believe I have lasted this long with it.

Oh Glenn, where in Bartlett do you live? I live north side off Old Brownsville in the River Crest Neighborhood....on Misty River Road.

Way on the other side. I live on 7th Road near Hwy 70 and Yale. I need a haircut right now myself!

hott-rodd 08-03-2010 12:53 PM

Wow,
Diesel care wants $3200 labor for head gasket job, plus 250 to check head and 250 for gaskets. I have got to find a decent priced mechanic.

Fifty4F100 08-04-2010 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by hott-rodd (Post 9179534)
Wow,
Diesel care wants $3200 labor for head gasket job, plus 250 to check head and 250 for gaskets. I have got to find a decent priced mechanic.

Did you try Christian Brothers on Houston Levee?