Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/931373-what-have-you-done-to-your-truck-today.html)

jlaudio_f100 02-28-2010 08:20 PM

I hope It doesnt snow here again. I traded my 4x4 Explorer work truck for this F100 and the Geo Tracker I got to replace the work truck needs an engine rebuild and new hubs to be ready to work for me next winter.

WyoExplorer 02-28-2010 08:26 PM

it's too weird for me, everything said SPRING IS HERE, sometimes I wanna strangle mother nature.

jlaudio_f100 02-28-2010 08:45 PM

Weather here is crazy but we are calling for high 30's low 40's for the next 2 weeks.

WyoExplorer 02-28-2010 08:47 PM

it's supposed to even out after tomorrow
and it's about time, high 40s in some days.
can finally get some work done on the truck.

jlaudio_f100 02-28-2010 09:01 PM

what are you planing to do to it?

WyoExplorer 02-28-2010 09:24 PM

pull the motor, pull it's accessories off and scrub it clean, replce the seals and the clutch while it's all out and put it back in.

The dash is coming out.....again, and i'm cutting the 2 holes I need for the tweeters, sand it, prime it, and paint it black, gonna send the seat out to be re-upholstered, the truck will be brought to the auto body shop where I will have them cut the bad metal and mount new panels (floor and passengers side corner)

gonna replace the front fenders and tags, the front clip will be replaced, LED lights inside and out, whiel the motor is out I'm mounting long tube headers with 2 1/2in collectors and chrome valve covers.

All the main switches in the cab will be replaced, almost all are not working, including my climate controls, windows will be lightly tinted, California mirrors and such.

basic stuff, it's gonna be a spray paint job, but it'll be cheaper, and it wont fade as quick.

It's going to be a work truck, but i don't think she needs to look like one.
at some point I'm gonna have a liner installed in the bed, spray on of course.

as for the wheel well rot, I'm gonna cut some sections out in a junker, and have them cleaned up (mainly where I cut them with shears) and welded on and sanded out to look natural. not too much work, just stuff that needs to be done......i want her to look nice, I can't afford to do a FULL restoration on her atm, but when my boys are older and I've retired her, i'll rip her a apart and introduce my boys into restoring the truck they grew up with, whatever boy shows the most interest in the project, will be granted ownership when I see he is responsible enough to maintain and manage her as a work or art and not a hot rod.

highoctane74 03-01-2010 12:57 AM

Installed the new Electric fuel pump, both inline filters.Waiting on new 38 gallon fuel tank.
Installed regulator and fuel pressure guage. New RPM Performer Intake,Demon Carb,gaskets, on freshly painted 460. New clutch, pressure plate. Fresh coat on firewall.
Waiting on mig so I can weld up my brackets to install my heated leather seats........

Got my other one stuck in snow in backyard......there it sits.....

Poison Oil Racing 03-01-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by 460/5 (Post 8577575)
sweet. what did you put in?

A JVC KD-R200 Stereo and a 2 Xplode Speakers in the doors. Now my granddaughter is happy that we have 'real music' in the Slammer.

460/5 03-01-2010 11:37 AM

sounds good. i woulda gone dual though. but thats just because thats all ive ever used and theyve treated me well. :)

73FordF100 03-01-2010 01:53 PM

Me and my dad started rebuilding my stock Motorcraft 2-barrel carburetor :-jammin.

packford_302 03-01-2010 05:03 PM

I have new alluminum heads, Edelbrock card, and intake to put on as soon as the weather gets better. Can't wait til summer!

73f250400 03-01-2010 06:02 PM

Took the rear doors apart and fond out that the glass is the same as the frount, but the channal is in a diffant place.

jwstrand 03-01-2010 06:04 PM

Well, right now, I have the heater assembly out of the truck, and I am replacing the
blower motor. I replaced the heater core a couple of years ago, and should have
replaced the motor then, but didn't think of it.
So, right now, the heater assembly is sitting on my dining room table.
And I can't drive the truck until it is all back together.
Bummer.
:-X16

bkohne1 03-01-2010 06:53 PM

Completely rewired the tail lights, pulled off old running boards, installed bucket seats, undercoated new rear gas tank, and getting ready to prep a used auxiliary tank for undercoating.

BigCountry77 03-01-2010 07:36 PM

got my front blinkers and runnin lights workin. now on to the rear, then fix a gas leak and then a new dash... and all the other half a$$ stuff the po screwed up.:-bangheadit never ends