Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Where to buy biodiesel or blend in the Knoxville area? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/928729-where-to-buy-biodiesel-or-blend-in-the-knoxville-area.html)

TennesseeMustangPerf 02-08-2010 01:50 PM

Where to buy biodiesel or blend in the Knoxville area?

Hey guys!
I was wondering where I can go o buy Biodiesel or biodiesel blend in the area. Anybody know, or know of the best/worst stations to get diesel? Also, what should I get for tooling around town? I have heard of B20, B50, etc., and while I think the number represents the percentage of biodiesel in the blend, I am not really sure about all there is to know on BD for example, what is the safest for my 6.0L (2003 F-350 DRW), what are the pros and cons, how much to expect to pay, etc.. Thanks in advance for the info!

Neal 97 250 02-08-2010 05:53 PM

I never saw anywhere in Knoxville that sold it while I lived down there. Not saying there isn't a place though. I used to get my fuel at the Flying J on Watt road. Cheapest and best fuel around.

My opinion is to run straight dino now. I looked into bio but not worth it yet.

jdecker88 02-08-2010 07:02 PM

They only area I know of in the area that really sells it is down in Maryville several Exxons have Biodiesel down there in B20. I have ran it a few times and my truck really liked it but thats in the summer I would make sure you add some good additives (Diesel Klean) if you run it in the winter. Maryville is trying to " Go Green" so they are adding it alot here lately.

TennesseeMustangPerf 02-08-2010 11:43 PM

Thanks for the info! I hit the FJ up from time to time, but it is about 15 miles out of my way so I really don't get the chance to go there all that often. I do go to Maryville ("Murrvull") and the Smokies quite a bit though. Might have to check them out. Thanks! Any station to beware of for poor quality? I try to find the most updated stations as well as the ones that look the most often used, pref. ones that access tractor trailers.

Neal 97 250 02-09-2010 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf (Post 8488519)
Thanks for the info! I hit the FJ up from time to time, but it is about 15 miles out of my way so I really don't get the chance to go there all that often. I do go to Maryville ("Murrvull") and the Smokies quite a bit though. Might have to check them out. Thanks! Any station to beware of for poor quality? I try to find the most updated stations as well as the ones that look the most often used, pref. ones that access tractor trailers.

("Murrvull") Yup I can tell you are from the area. You can always tell a local or one who "tries" to be a local by the way they pronounce that.

If you don't get to FJ then try Pilot. They usually run the same price as FJ. I think it is off Lovell, not 100% positive.

Fifty4F100 02-09-2010 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Neal 97 250 (Post 8489126)

("Murrvull") Yup I can tell you are from the area. You can always tell a local or one who "tries" to be a local by the way they pronounce that.

Like we say "Mefus".

jdecker88 02-09-2010 09:15 AM

Not down it Murrvull lol they are all regular gas stations but the ones I have used is Exxons with good results. Here is a link to all the locations in our area Biodiesel Stations in Maryville, TN, US - Where to buy Biodiesel Fuel - FindBiodiesel.org

Originally Posted by Neal 97 250 (Post 8489126)
("Murrvull") Yup I can tell you are from the area. Yo can always tell a local or one who "tries" to be a local by the way they pronounce that.

If you don't get to FJ then try Pilot. They usually run the same price as FJ. I think it is off Lovell, not 100% positive.

I don't know about pilot anymore Neal, I have been having alot of MPG issues out of them. I have filled up from several of them including the one down on Lovell road at the truck stop and my MPGs get way down. Murphy Oil that walmart uses I get alot of good results out of them and Exxon

painter 02-26-2010 10:04 PM

Both of the Regal fuel stations have it. You have to have a Regal fuel card to use the pumps as there are no people at the stations.

jdecker88 02-26-2010 10:09 PM

How do you get a Regal fuel card?