Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Rent-A-Garage (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/927647-rent-a-garage.html)

cClamp 02-04-2010 10:03 PM

Rent-A-Garage

Hey everyone! Looking at my leaky motor the other day and then the weather I started some Internet research.

I am originally from Germany and I remember that I took my beloved Vanagon to Rent-A-Garages. You basically pay a bit of money per hour and get to work on your car inside on a hoist - if you hurt yourself tough luck. Even though you have to bring your own tools you may be able to talk the owner into using their impact gun. Not sure if these places still exist - 5 years ago at least one certainly did.

Long story short: Are such places around in the US and more specifically in MD? I don't mind working in the back-yard, but in winter that just doesn't cut it.

I couldn't find anything on the internet other than some people mentioning that in the 70ies these place did exist. Were they around and because of liabilty issues they disappeared?

BPofMD 02-04-2010 10:08 PM

I remember there used to be one in Anne Arundel County - Pasadena I think. But it's been long gone!

Erik17 02-05-2010 06:16 AM

There was one in Glen Burnie. Directly across the street from Marley Middle School on B&A Boulavard. Not sure if it is still in business or not.

jr32560 02-05-2010 07:15 AM

would be one heck of an idea }> I'd rent one :) easy on back rather than laying down on these friggin rocks :(

cClamp 02-10-2010 02:08 AM

Guess I'll have to remain in the shade of the trees. Would have been too nice to figure out such a place still existed in the area.

BPofMD 02-10-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Erik17 (Post 8470271)
There was one in Glen Burnie. Directly across the street from Marley Middle School on B&A Boulavard. Not sure if it is still in business or not.

Yeah, that was the one I was thinking about...long gone! :'(

jr32560 02-10-2010 10:06 AM

I think I saw one on craigs list-if my memory served me correct-will take a look and see if it's still there :)

jr32560 02-10-2010 10:26 AM

do a graigs list search -go under auto repairs and type in lifts found one in rosedale on kenwood drive
pm me if ya want the number :)

cClamp 02-10-2010 10:26 PM

Thanks for the tip! I was apparently not creative enough when I was looking around. I found two other possible places a little bit closer to me. I'll give them a call and if they don't work out I may message you for the number.

jr32560 02-11-2010 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by cClamp (Post 8498164)
Thanks for the tip! I was apparently not creative enough when I was looking around. I found two other possible places a little bit closer to me. I'll give them a call and if they don't work out I may message you for the number.

well if you do the search on there and refine the area ya might find a closer one to you :confused: