Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford Inline Six, 200, 250, 4.9L / 300 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum52/)
-   -   Finned aluminum sidecover bulk order, finned valve covers (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/926832-finned-aluminum-sidecover-bulk-order-finned-valve-covers.html)

NavyMIDN08 02-02-2010 05:24 PM

Finned aluminum sidecover bulk order, finned valve covers

I've worked out a deal with a small performance shop who has made a batch of finned aluminum side covers. I talked to him and told him i could probably drum up enough purchasers for a bulk order in order to get the cost down a bit. the number of people who want one will determine the price. They have a recessed pocket on the back to accept the stock gasket and utilize the stock rubber grommet/ washers and hardware for fastening. they look to be really nice pieces. if i can get ten people to commit then he will drop the price to 175, if i can get 20 or more he will plan a special run of them. obviously the more people, the more the price will come down. anyone who is interested in one of these units please send me a PM.
Also available are matching finned aluminum fuel pump block off plates.
also he wants to gauge the market for making his own finned aluminum valve cover. he has an associate who will cast the cover, and he can do the finish machining work (a fully machined cover is available for 750, a cast piece would be MUCH cheaper). in order to best suit the market, he would need to know how much taller than stock would sell best. i.e. 1/2", 1", etc. if we get enough response he would consider making these available as a group buy also, or discounted as a set.

I'd love to get some feedback on these, i really like the added flair the finned sidecover adds, and i know the stock stamped pieces are finicky at best. these should be stiff enough to help cut down on some of the oil loss.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...226186.520.390

desperado_18_2000 02-02-2010 06:59 PM

That is an absolute beautiful piece there. I just might have to consider getting me one of em!

IsoGrifo 02-06-2010 10:33 AM

goodness I would love those! too bad I'm broke... :(

cactus zach 02-09-2010 04:13 AM

IM IN i would sooo buy one of these

NavyMIDN08 02-18-2010 08:56 AM

i can give his information for single buys, but its not worth doing a bulk buy unless we can get ten or more people together that all want one... its tax time though, maybe more will come on board...

Rogue_Wulff 02-18-2010 09:57 AM

That is so beautiful, I'm nursing a semi......

As much as I'd like to have one, I can't afford it. It might be a different story if I was battling leaks on my stock cover, but it's dry as a bone. And, chrome won't get ya home......

91Bronc300 02-18-2010 02:01 PM

Sorely tempted. I might come on board, though 175 is a lot of money. I would paint the whole thing black then polish the paint off on the border and the tops of the fins.

IsoGrifo 02-18-2010 08:04 PM

if I can scrape up the money, I might go for it... I'm leaking out of mine bad, just replaced the gasket and can't get the rear to seal...

Pkupman82 02-18-2010 09:49 PM

I think I could swing 175, I'd love to have one for my 84... I doing a show truck, might as well make her look extra pretty. WOW that's a nice piece! I would really like to have a valve cover and side cover for my 300.

Col Flashman 02-18-2010 09:55 PM

If you get 20 members wanting one, I'm in.
I'd wind up Painting it to Match the Vermilion Valve Cover to off set the Pewter paint job the block sport that's the Colour the I6's were painted in 1958 by Mercury of Canada.

jem44357 02-22-2010 09:24 AM

Come on guys I'll do my part

I'm in for 1 lifter cover and 1 fuel pump block off plate. Do you have a ball park on the price for a set? It would serve me for my current build, an FFR Roadster.

Maybe one valve cover if the price is right. It would depend on the look. And if it fit my current application. Would it match the side cover? A selling feature for me would be a Ford oval with 309. Or just a flat oval I could have 309 machined into which may be appealing to others. As far as measurements it needs to clear roller rockers.

Maybe, just maybeeee another lifter cover and a valve cover with out the 309 just a match to the side cover. This would be for my 93 ford PU with EFI. It is currently my back up ride. I have entertained the idea of redoing it once I get my FFR done. The 93 was my first new vehicle purchase. It may never happen who knows. As far as measurements it needs to fit stock EFI?

I have no clue on the actual measurements. There are many others on here who will know this. I just know what I have and need.

Will there be bulk discounts? :-dancing1
Jim

rookie72 01-03-2011 04:51 PM

I would be absolutely be in .... i would love to see that on my six build ... the side cover has me exited ... i was looking for a cast valve cover ...PLEASE let me know

84f250460 01-03-2011 11:14 PM

im with col flashman, if you get enough others interested to bring cost down a bit id be in esp. with a matching valve cover 8D

apg camo 01-04-2011 07:49 PM

Well if my count is right, with me that would make 10. If the count can get to 20 or more I'll be in. Lets keep this going. What kind of price break are we talkin if we get over 20 orders?

Also might want to link this over to the Fordsix.com web site. Might be a couple people over there interested.

es2rider 01-06-2011 10:20 PM

Cover

I got one of these covers from this guy and the cover is a beautiful piece of work. Fits perfect.
Almost too nice to hide in the engine compartment.
Doug
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...20done%203.jpg