Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transit Connect (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum228/)
-   -   Reviews of the Transit Connect (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/926664-reviews-of-the-transit-connect.html)

artfd 02-02-2010 02:36 AM

Reviews of the Transit Connect

This thread is for reviews that have been published on the internet, links to the articles & comments. I've read dozens of them. I haven't found one review or test that has taken the truck fully loaded & run it on interstates
Review: 2010 Ford Transit Connect - Compact Van Delivers in a Big Way - Ford Reports

Discussion here about poor functioning of windshield washer system

artfd 02-02-2010 02:54 AM

Ford Strips Its Transit Connects to Avoid the 'Chicken Tax'

BALTIMORE -- Several times a month, Transit Connect vans from a Ford Motor Co. factory in Turkey roll off a ship here shiny and new, rear side windows gleaming, back seats firmly bolted to the floor.
Their first stop in America is a low-slung, brick warehouse where those same windows, never squeegeed at a gas station, and seats, never touched by human backsides, are promptly ripped out.
The fabric is shredded, the steel parts are broken down, and everything is sent off along with the glass to be recycled. Why all the fuss and feathers? Blame the "chicken tax." (click for rest of article)

artfd 02-02-2010 03:10 AM

PBS's Motor Week Reviews the 2010 Transit Connect

Video review here in the first 19 minutes of the program.

artfd 02-02-2010 03:24 AM

Comment on why Ford didn't bring the TC over with its diesel

From a post here:
What is keeping the diesel version out of this country are state governments along both coasts that have tightened emission standards far beyond those in europe. To date only VW has figured out how to meet these standards without urea injection. This is also what caused Honda to reverse its decision to bring diesel vehicles into the US for 2010. Given time and future increases in oil prices, the manufacturers will find a way to get diesels clean.
Last spring I talked to a retired Ford engineer about this same issue & he made the exact same point.

artfd 02-02-2010 03:31 AM

US Production to Begin by 2012

Ford to shift Transit Connect production to the U.S. by 2012
As part of its new global strategy, Ford will begin building its Transit Connect in the United States by 2012. The U.S.-spec Transit Connect – which has been in dealer showrooms for less than a month – is currently built in Turkey, but will switch to U.S. production for the 2013 model year.

According to
Automotive News, Ford will add Transit Connect production to either its Wayne, Michigan plant or its Louisville, Kentucky factory in 2012. That 2012 production shift coincides with Ford’s plan to retool the Wayne and Louisville plants to produce a new global, compact platform – the same that will underpin the 2013 Transit Connect.
Maybe I can wait a couple more years...

artfd 02-02-2010 03:34 AM

Early Ford Transit Connect buyers running into high-cost replacement keys

Background on this issue. Dealerships must pony up $6,000 or more to make copies of the Ford of Europe/Tibbe keys, which are similar to those used on some Jaguars.

artfd 02-02-2010 03:50 AM

How to describe a Tibbe Key

The anatomy here

artfd 02-02-2010 03:53 AM

You can even order Tibbe Keys all the way from Australia

artfd 02-03-2010 12:31 AM

Living in a Transit Connect

Kind of a humorous article. The writer seems to know very little about RV living. Notice the huge amount of wasted unused space in his sleeping area. http://image.trucktrend.com/f/273776...cargo-view.jpg

artfd 02-24-2010 05:14 PM

Review of 2011 Ford Transit Connect EV

Here

artfd 02-24-2010 05:20 PM

Review of 2010 Ford Transit Connect at the Car Connection (with other links) 8 Feb 2010

artfd 02-24-2010 05:27 PM

YouTube Video Review

artfd 02-24-2010 05:33 PM

More on the 2011 electric version

4dthinker 08-03-2010 06:11 PM

I'm putting together my own review, but I want to see how the TC does in the winter too. So far it's the only car I've ever owned that I WANT to take out for a ride. Everything before it was just something I needed to get from A to B in. I'm 6'1" tall and love the headroom and seat height adjustment. I love the view from the driver's seat as well. My TC is also only the 2nd car I've owned that inspired me to update the audio system. The first was a 1971 Honda 600 Sedan and it's upgrade was an 8-track player and a CB radio. The TC nicely has been around long enough (in Europe) for wire harnesses and a few accessories to be available.

More later.