Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   Seat swap - expedition to excursion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/925795-seat-swap-expedition-to-excursion.html)

weffy 01-30-2010 04:27 PM

Seat swap - expedition to excursion

Is it possible to swap the center and 3rd row benches in an expedition el into an excursion? I need center shoulder belts.

BostonX73 01-30-2010 04:53 PM

I have seen the 3rd row listed for sale for each - but never confirmed or known anyone that has done it.

cbradford 01-30-2010 07:43 PM

Yes you can I own both and have proven it and this has been posted about before, I even posted pics.

jakeriley1616 05-18-2012 01:36 PM

please help

will the second row seats from and expedition fit in the second row of an excursion?

Pyancey 07-09-2012 05:37 PM

will they fit?

LWW 07-10-2012 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pyancey (Post 12040588)
will they fit?

Please see this post (2 above yours) that was posted almost 2 years ago... ;)

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ml#post8444702

Zombie thread brought back to life!

LWW 07-10-2012 02:24 AM

TADA! https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...-row-seat.html

But it does not answer the question of whether the 2nd row is a straight swap. Seems like it has a better than average chance of being true but the 2nd row may be more complex depending on floor pan and chassis design.

Someone with both should try the swap and see!

timf150 07-10-2012 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by cbradford (Post 8444702)
Yes you can I own both and have proven it and this has been posted about before, I even posted pics.

I believe from your other post the ones you have were from an 01 Expedition. In 03 they had the new design and that design offered the middle seat (not bench) position with a shoulder belt for both the second and third row bench.

So the OP will be looking to add an 03 or newer Expedition bench seat to his X.

Tim M

tdappleman 07-10-2012 11:32 AM

The 3rd row from 03 forward was a split and folding into floor unit I don't think it will be possible. Some were even power fold. The earlier 3rd row seats were easily swapped since it was basically the same seat.

Pyancey 07-10-2012 02:36 PM

i was referring to the second row not the third. i did read the posts that the third row will fit.

swedige 07-19-2012 10:00 PM

Howdy,

I'm buying an 05 excursion tomorrow an I'm also looking to understand the 2nd row options to get a middle seat belt. I've searched quite a bit, but can't find a definitive answer on the year I'm buying. Third row seems well-covered. Second row, not so much, and wading through bench vs bucket threads is killing me :)

Thanks,

Sean

timf150 07-20-2012 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by swedige (Post 12078548)
Howdy,

I'm buying an 05 excursion tomorrow an I'm also looking to understand the 2nd row options to get a middle seat belt. I've searched quite a bit, but can't find a definitive answer on the year I'm buying. Third row seems well-covered. Second row, not so much, and wading through bench vs bucket threads is killing me :)

Thanks,

Sean

I don't believe the Excursion has a middle row shoulder belt for the second or third row but when I was more concerned about it I came accross an add-on type belt.

E-Z-ON Cam Harness

Tim M

swedige 07-20-2012 09:55 AM

Thanks, Tim. I looked at an expedition in part because my Bronco doesn't have the middle seat belt. I wish I had seen this then so I wouldn't have worried so much about addressing it immediately. We don't need the belt very often but when all 3 kids are in the truck with stuff in the back, I feel more comfortable having them all in multi-point harnesses. Not sure where the paranoia comes from, as when I was a kid I rode in truck beds and on a 5 gallon bucket on the back of my grandfather's van. Thanks again for the link.

timf150 07-20-2012 10:24 AM

Funny your childhood sounds like mine ...... riding in the back of my Dad's pickup and sleeping on the floor of the car.

I guess the paranoia comes from too many in-experienced drivers, drivers that are on the phone, and those that txt while driving and so on. Too many cars on the road blah, blah, blah.

I freaked out when I came across a families story of an accident they had that took the life of one of their kids. They were hit by a drunk driver. Put tears to my eyes and so I was on a mission to make sure my kids were safe. I sort of when a little overboard and tried to put 4 point harness' all over but that didn't work so well. I ended up just having them in car seats longer and I keep them in prayer.

I pretty much bought another vehicle (2003 Expedition) and it has the center seat belts its the one they use daily for kid transport. I also bought the X so I could tow with a proper vehicle.

I hate spending the extra money but I always say that I would pay anything to get my kids back if something happened to them so it make me feel better spending the $$$$$.
Tim M

Logan Sean Brewer 04-13-2018 10:06 PM

Need help

Originally Posted by cbradford (Post 8444702)

i need help can you shoot those pictures to me of the swap of expedition to excursion seats?