Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   CD player wont work/memory seat problems. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/922129-cd-player-wont-work-memory-seat-problems.html)

TexasMan77 01-18-2010 07:58 PM

CD player wont work/memory seat problems.

Hey everyone.

Just when I begin to brag about how trouble-free my 08 Expy EL EB has been the last 14 months, two small problems recently surface.

First, the CD player stopped unloading/loading CD's. I touch the "CD" button and get "NO DISC" when I know darn well there is. When I attempt to eject, or insert a CD I get a "DISK LOAD ERROR" display.
It's the same radio I had in my '06 Five Hundred SEL, that had the exact same problem.

The second concern is the memory seat only adjusts to the "1" setting (the wifes), but when I hit "2" for myself, the seat moves back about an inch, and that's it.

I'm going to take it in this week to get it looked at. Anyone else expierience these issues?

gpfarrell 01-18-2010 08:16 PM

Are you using any discs that you recorded?

I have no idea why, but they seem to make cd players a bit upset from time to time.

berry1234 01-19-2010 10:26 AM

Have you reset the '2' seat memory position? Many times my wife's hits the set button on accident then the 2, which puts the 2 at the current positions.

If the cd's don't have labels on them then it's just a faulty cd unit. They are not the best in the world.

TexasMan77 01-19-2010 08:09 PM

The discs aren't recorded.
And when I open the door, the CD player makes a funny noise, similar to the one it makes when it's shuffling from disc to disc, wierd.
I reset the memory seat to my settings last night, when the wife returns from the store I'll have to check it.

berry1234 01-20-2010 10:52 AM

I can't recall how the memory works with two different keys. I want to say each key will retain the memory settings of the 1 position. So you setting it with your key may not work.

If the truck is under warranty get the cd unit swapped out. You can try disconnecting your battery for a couple of minutes, then try to eject your discs. If that doesn't help, you would have to take the unit apart to remove the cd's. If the truck is out of warranty, there are many used OEM radios on ebay for around $100 and they are easy to remove/install.

buzzard 01-22-2010 07:41 AM

Texasman, my 2008 has done the exact same thing a few times, loses seat memory and cd player "shuffles" for no apparent reason. Prob is it never does it when the truck's in the shop so dealership doesn't have a fix. Let us know if you find the root problem.

Also, and probably related, my abs sometimes activates for no reason and the traction control has activated in dry (no slip) conditions. I have a suspicion that the electrical module is the culprit.

berry1234 01-22-2010 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 8403759)

Also, and probably related, my abs sometimes activates for no reason and the traction control has activated in dry (no slip) conditions. I have a suspicion that the electrical module is the culprit.

TSB 08-20-8

10/13/08
STEERING WHEEL ANGLE CIRCUIT AND/OR SIGNAL
FAILURE - C1277-C1278 - BUILT ON/OR BEFORE
4/10/2008

FORD:
2007-2008 Expedition

LINCOLN:
2007-2008 Navigator

This article supersedes TSB 08-10-3 to update the Part List and Service procedure.
ISSUE
Some 2007-2008 Expedition and Navigator vehicles built on or before 4/10/2008 may exhibit a traction control light (TCL) on with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) C1277 and/or C1278 (steering wheel angle 1 and 2 circuit failure and/or signal faulted).

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Check to see if the steering wheel rotation (SWR) sensor wiring near the connector has come in contact with or is touching the brake pedal bracket. Vibration of the harness may cause interruption in the SWR signal.

a. If yes, go to Step 2.

b. If no, do not continue with this procedure. Refer to normal diagnosis in the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 206-09.

2. Repair any chafing that may have occurred.

3. Move the harness towards the driver's side of the vehicle and tuck in front of the 14401 harness above the steering column. Use a tie strap to secure in place.

4. Replace the SWR sensor following WSM, Section 206-09.

Parts Block
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

082008A 2007-2008 Expedition, 0.7 Hr.
Navigator: Replace The
Steering Wheel Rotation
Sensor, Includes Time To
Reposition Harness, Check
DTCs, Repair Wires If
Required, And Calibrate
New Sensor. (Do Not Use
With 12650D, 14200A)

DEALER CODING

CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
14401 12

TexasMan77 01-25-2010 09:29 PM

OK, I reset the memory seat to my setting and that fixed it, no problems since.
I'll take the truck in this week to have the CD player replaced.
The shuffling sound is still heard whenever I open the door.

buzzard 01-26-2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by TexasMan77 (Post 8421109)
OK, I reset the memory seat to my setting and that fixed it, no problems since.
I'll take the truck in this week to have the CD player replaced.
The shuffling sound is still heard whenever I open the door.

My stereo did the shufflling thing this morning when I opened my door. Also, both driver seat memory settings were gone.

TexasMan77 01-26-2010 10:53 PM

Taking it to the Ford dealer Friday morning to get the radio replaced.

berry1234 01-27-2010 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 8426121)
My stereo did the shufflling thing this morning when I opened my door. Also, both driver seat memory settings were gone.

Can you set the seat, then move it manually then hit the memory button and it won't go to what you just saved?

Some glitch for sure. I would take it in.

tahoetoo 05-21-2012 12:58 PM

2007 Navigator Memory Seat Problem

I have a problem with my seat memory also. Memory Number 1 is set, but the seat does not go back when I take the key out, and I can not set memory #2. What do you think is wrong? :-huh