Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   Long time FTE - new to FTE web site (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/919616-long-time-fte-new-to-fte-web-site.html)

brit_wheels_fan 01-10-2010 11:09 PM

Long time FTE - new to FTE web site

Hello fellow Hoosier Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

Recently I purchased a 51 Ford pickup. I have not seen it yet. I trusted a description in an eBay ad and the photos that were included in the ad. My interest in a 51 comes from having been born in 51 and having learned to drive in my dad's 51 Ford pickup when I was eight or nine years old. (Always thought it might be fun to own and drive something that was older than me!)

My car hobby has included LBCs (Little British Cars). Since 1991 I have owned a 77 MGB, a 63 MGB, a 55 Triumph TR2, and presently a 70 "split bumper" MGB. I have only one at a time due to garage space limitations. I have always had a desire to own the same make and model vehicle I first learned to drive. So now I am delighted to have acquired a 51 Ford pickup.

My daily driver is a 2004 Ranger XLT. I purchased it a year ago after selling a Ford Windstar Limited van (kids are out of the nest - no need for a seven passenger vehicle). The Ranger was purchased to have a rear wheel drive vehicle to be able to pull a trailer and my MG when necessary. (I trailered my MG in a caravan of nine MGs going to the national meet in Breckenridge, CO last summer. If anyone would have a brake down, mine would come off the trailer and we would get the disabled car to the show. My MG was probably the most likely candidate for a breakdown. Acutally everyone made it out and back without anything we could not fix on the side of the road. My MG is getting an overhaul this winter prior to the MG national event in Belleville, Ontario, Canada this summer. I Will trailer again. I enjoy the AC and the relative comfort of the pickup over the MG fior a long trip and perhaps someone will break down.)

I participate in Hoosier MG Club events, Indiana Triumph Club events, and the Wabash Valley British Sports Car Club events (out of Terre Haute area). I have enjoyed organizing a few of the rally / touring events. I hope there might be some chapter functions for Indiana Ford Truck Enthusiasts, hence my request to join the chapter.

My first postings to the FTE forum were on the "1947 - 1960 F1 F100 and larger trucks" forum. The speed of the responses and the welcoming tone has been impressive. I look forward to meeting other Hoosier FTEs and I will be leaning on some of you for help and advice on getting / keeping the old beast 51 pickup running and road worthy. I am not looking to make it a show truck; it may be too far gone for that. I would like to have a safe, reasonably reliable, presentable, cruiser / driver. Except for the wheels, tires, and electricals, I think I would like to stay as close to original as possible.

Looking forward to meeting and hearing from other Ford Truck Enthusiasts.

Respectfully yours,
Rob Blubaugh - Rensselaer, Indiana