Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Arlene's Bday Thread... Locked ??? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/918840-arlenes-bday-thread-locked.html)

papadelogan 01-08-2010 12:36 PM

Arlene's Bday Thread... Locked ???

So I was going to add the pictures my girlfriend took to the appropriate thread and found it was locked. I read through it and there was nothing sexual, inappropriate.... so I have to ask.... WHAT GIVES?

I held off joining the MD Chapter even though I 'lurked' for quite a while. I grew up in MD, lived from '05 to '09 in Colorado, and when I moved back decided that I would join this chapter.

I know, without a doubt, that there a many great & interesting people in this crowd, and I wish I'd have done more to meet the members and regret missing the Carlisle event.

But I also noticed a feeling of ... pettiness... that I find... frankly... pathetic. This came from reading many threads & posts in the MD Chapter forum. And no, I won't point out examples, but I am amazed that grown adults can act in such a manner. It's not in all of them and CERTAINLY not from all members... but it creeps in.

If this doesn't pertain to you, you'll know it, and it is not directed at you. If you do behave like a child, then yes, I do mean you.

I'm blunt. Many won't like that, and I'm fine with it. But I'm curious as to how many others have picked up on this vibe, and what you think about it.

I'm not trying to point fingers, but to air out what I think is a serious issue, so that the problem can be adressed and resolved. Because I do think of it as a problem, and one that needs attention.

Please, share your thoughts.

1buzzbait 01-08-2010 02:36 PM

^ amen my friend---amen!!

:-X15

BPofMD 01-08-2010 04:46 PM

All you have to do is start a new thread.....and it looks like you did....It works!

Arlene 01-08-2010 05:46 PM

whew, a girl just MIGHT take that lock-out personally... thank you Brendan!! Cookies for you~~~

papadelogan 01-08-2010 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BPofMD (Post 8340184)
All you have to do is start a new thread.....and it looks like you did....It works!

True... but knowing why that one got locked would help to avoid that potential issue in the future, would it not? Someone has to know why it was locked... these things don't "just happen"... there wasn't anything political or sexual... it was about have a GTG and celebrating a birthday. If that is grounds for getting a thread locked.... WOW. Just.... WOW.

deadeyedevon 01-09-2010 05:39 PM

this is just a guess, and i have no clue to why it was but...maybe there was a post of bad nature, then the post was deleted and the topic locked to stop further posts of poor content? just a thought.

dustybumpers 01-09-2010 07:18 PM

usually george locks them when the event has passed. post the pics in a new thread, and let the party keep rolling :-X22

glruff 01-09-2010 07:30 PM

Threads are closed at the request of the chapter leader or his desginated person.

papadelogan 01-11-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by glruff (Post 8345557)
Threads are closed at the request of the chapter leader or his desginated person.

So someone would have to request the thread to be closed.... interesting. Thank you for that information George.