Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Excursion - King of SUVs (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/)
-   -   In Channel Vent Visor? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/918096-in-channel-vent-visor.html)

BigRy 01-06-2010 07:54 AM

In Channel Vent Visor?

So, those of you who have the vent visors? Specifically, the in channel peices, how do you like them? How do they hold up? Are they better in your opinion than the stick on peices?

Basically, I want to know if they stay up in the channels like they are advertised? Or do they tend to fall out after some time.

Also, what brand? I see autoanything has good prices on the Westin In Channel.

IndySilverAnny 01-06-2010 10:31 AM

I have American Racing in channel vent visors on my 2002 Supercrew. Look much better than the stick-ons on my wifes Durango in my opinion. Work fine, and seems like they would't fall out under any conditions. Won them on Ebay for about $40

Erikh425 01-06-2010 10:32 AM

I had Westins on my f-150. I never had an issue with them coming out of the channel. I did notice some wind noise from the passenger side that I could never really get rid of. The ones I had were the smoked ones. I am now looking to get a set for the X. I am thinking of clear ones that I could paint white to match.

EH

YellowSled 01-06-2010 11:00 AM

I have them on mine, and they stay in perfectly. I love them.

Monsta 01-06-2010 11:40 AM

I have a set for sale if anybody wants them. PM me.

TYZ78F150 01-06-2010 08:13 PM

I have in channel on my X and on my 4runner. They won't come out unless you force them out. They have a double stick tape on them, and besides that they're wedged in place. I do notice a little wind noise, but nothing the radio doesn't take care of. I would never use the stick on's on my vehicles. Mine are Wade brand and came from Ebay. I wanted Ford's to match my Ford bug shield, but they only sell stick on's.

officer131 01-07-2010 02:07 AM

I had one bad experience with the stick on's. I had them on my sport trac. Yes, I had a sport trac. Then I got my X. Anyways I was driving on the freeway and the drivers side vent just came off and went with the wind.

I have the in channel one's on the X now and love them. I think they are wheather tech.

Downriver Thunder 01-07-2010 09:12 AM

The in channel ones only stick as good as you prep the channel. If you don't clean the channel out good before you stick them they won't hold as well. I put mine in with a couple small spots of super glue just as an added touch. Not enough to where it would destroy or prevent me from removing them if needed.

ReAX 01-07-2010 07:17 PM

There are levels with them. WeatherTech is the top of line, the lip that fits in the channel is machined. EGR is second in my list, better price point and good fit. I never bothered with the other brands because EGR was my entry level and weatherTech was my best. Stampede was another option for chrome and "camo", I think they were on the EGR level, but should be better than AVS/Lund.