Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   EBPV Delete Plug? Can I make my own? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/917916-ebpv-delete-plug-can-i-make-my-own.html)

F250_ 01-05-2010 04:50 PM

EBPV Delete Plug? Can I make my own?

Cash is really tight, and I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue.

I've searched through FTE and cannot find any reference to how the infamous EBPV Delete Plug is constructed. I know how to make my own AIH code delete wire (using a 470 ohm 1 watt resistor), and I want to make my own EBPV delete plug as well but don't have the nitty gritty details. Several comapnies make and sell them (Pure Diesel Power and Dfuser, I know for sure), but I don't want to pay $40 plus S&H right now.

I already have the new EBPV sensor to replace my currently malfunctining one, but would rather sell the brand new sensor and simply delete the need for one altogether and simultaneously eliminate the soft coding as well.

I've even been tempted to pruchase a plug , tear it down, and then share what I find out with everyone here, but I can't justify throwing the money away by tearing it apart to find out everything that's built into it.

Like always, thanks in advance for any and all input/insight.

superduty4x4 01-05-2010 05:02 PM

I'm not sure I understand the need for a plug... just unplug the connector from the EBPV on the front of the pedestal and no more EBPV. What am I missing here Pete?

On edit- you want to clear the soft code? Just put the same 470ohm 1watt resistor across the 2 wires in the EBPV plug as you did for the AIH delete and it should eliminate the soft code.

tdpower 01-05-2010 05:13 PM

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...unplugged.html

Here is a quote from Chase in this thread above. "All you need is a 1/2 watt 470 ohm resistor between the two wires on the EBPV plug. Easy sleazy. " Looks like he already replied but may of mix up the two.

F250_ 01-05-2010 05:14 PM

Chase... that's what I was looking for... the resistor details for making the soft code eliminator connection. I wasn't sure if it would be the same for the EBPV as it is for the AIH. Thanks.

I knew that I could simply unplug the connector, but want to simultaneously eliminate the soft code issue as well.

Grant... that was the thread I had remembered seeing, but could not find it when I searched earlier. Thanks for the link.

superduty4x4 01-05-2010 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by F250_ (Post 8325296)
Chase... that's what I was looking for... the resistor details for making the soft code eliminator connection. I wasn't sure if it would be the same for the EBPV as it is for the AIH. Thanks.

No prob Pete, glad to help. I don't think 1/2watt or 1watt matters, I seem to remember... I believe it was Roland that used a 1/2w for the AIH delete and it burned up so he put in a 1w and it was fine. Sounds like you already have the 1w resistor so I'd just use it.

F250_ 01-05-2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by superduty4x4 (Post 8325247)
... put the same 470ohm 1watt resistor across the 2 wires in the EBPV plug as you did for the AIH delete and it should eliminate the soft code.

There... fixed that for you, Chase... would hate for someone to get those engineering units backwards and then try to find such a resistor.:-X21

superduty4x4 01-05-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by F250_ (Post 8325497)
There... fixed that for you, Chase... would hate for someone to get those engineering units backwards and then try to find such a resistor.:-X21

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/159_im_confus.jpg

I have no idea what you are talking about, my post is correct... :D

F250_ 01-06-2010 09:19 PM

Correct?:-X24

I looked for 20 minutes at Radio Shack this afternoon and could not find a 470 watt and 1/2 ohm resistor anywhere, but I DID find a 470 OHM and 1/2 WATT resistor!! :-duel1

It's ALL good, though, Chase... I knew what you meant! :-X04

mueckster 01-06-2010 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by superduty4x4 (Post 8325448)
No prob Pete, glad to help. I don't think 1/2watt or 1watt matters, I seem to remember... I believe it was Roland that used a 1/2w for the AIH delete and it burned up so he put in a 1w and it was fine. Sounds like you already have the 1w resistor so I'd just use it.

That wasn't the AIH that burned up the resistor. I used a 47 ohm resistor in the wastegate solenoid plug and that's what burned up. I currently have a 470 ohm 1/2 watt resistor in each of the AIH, EBPV, and Wategate Solenoids' plugs as "code eliminators".

superduty4x4 01-07-2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by F250_ (Post 8331777)
Correct?:-X24

I looked for 20 minutes at Radio Shack this afternoon and could not find a 470 watt and 1/2 ohm resistor anywhere, but I DID find a 470 OHM and 1/2 WATT resistor!! :-duel1

It's ALL good, though, Chase... I knew what you meant! :-X04

(shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but I edited my post to be correct. But I would like to see the look on someone's face when you ask for a 470w 1ohm resistor- please take pics :D)
Roland- blame my mistake on the fact that I'm employed by the US gov't. Sometimes we make up lies even if the truth is more interesting :D