Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   2003 F250 Instrument cluster dead (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/915849-2003-f250-instrument-cluster-dead.html)

harleyhal 12-30-2009 02:15 PM

2003 F250 Instrument cluster dead

I pushed the Tow/Haul button on the gear shift and my instrument cluster went DEAD. Have checked the 3 fuses labeled instrument panel (F4,F35,F41) and they look OK.

Any help would be appreciated......

Hal
03 F250 6L diesel

Cowboy65 12-30-2009 02:49 PM

Welcome to FTE.

There is an instrument cluster test that might be helpful, however the procedure is too long to post. If you will send me a Private Message with your E-mail address I would be happy to send it to you.

SHAWNBOSD250 12-30-2009 03:42 PM

try fuse 45 its a 10 amp on the bottom row.. its for ignition switch on position power. Mine was bad and i had no gauges.. indicators lights worked .. altenator was only charging 11.5 volts back to battery also.. replaced the fuse .. everything worked fine.

Bladely 12-30-2009 03:46 PM

Ok I had the same thing happen to me, my cluster went dead. I tried every fuse and chassed wires for a couple days....Finally took it to the shop and two days later they had found a ground wire that was bad.....Dont know if it is the same thing.....but at least its a place to start

us7sail 12-30-2009 07:38 PM

I had the same problem in my 2003 cc. As the previous post said gages are fused by a fuse not listed in the owners manual. Cause is often a short in the wire that runs through the shift arm attached to the tow haul button. There are a bunch of posts here about how to repair it.

harleyhal 12-31-2009 11:22 AM

Fuse 45 it was......Thank all of you for your assistance.......

bigbadgixxer 05-06-2013 05:36 PM

Mine too fuse 45 thanks

RPOS 11-15-2014 08:57 PM

Same here, fuse 45, will be posting again if it keeps blowing (I believe the cause to have been a poorly mounting snow plow motor relay that grounded)

floinc 01-18-2015 06:31 PM

This is for Cowboy65 I would like to have the instrument cluster test you mentioned in this post

Super Duty DJ 01-18-2015 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by floinc (Post 15006983)
This is for Cowboy65 I would like to have the instrument cluster test you mentioned in this post

You do realize that he posted that a bit over 5 years ago, right?

floinc 01-19-2015 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Super Duty DJ (Post 15007094)
You do realize that he posted that a bit over 5 years ago, right?

I do now p, thanks. Still hope he has the instructions.

projectSHO89 01-19-2015 07:15 AM

If the cluster is dead (no power), the test procedure is useless.

Google "HEC Dealer Test Mode". The procedure is the same for every Ford that has the HEC installed.

Todd Herndon 10-07-2017 02:03 PM

Guages/overdrive/accelarator Fuse

I realize this is a old thread but helped me out a lot, so maybe me adding to it may help someone else. Yesterday when pulling in to get fuel I had to back up to pull in the other side on the pumps well when I went to put it in reverse I pulled on the overdrive lever and it came off and the wires were exposed ,after I finished getting fuel put it in drive and went to give it gas and nothing , the wires had shorted out and blown the fuse.Well I got out my manual to look for the overdrive/ accelerator fuse and guess what the manual did not list it, so I got on the internet looking for accelerator fuse, still couldn't find anything so I went with looking up problems with the gauges because they weren't working either and that's when I found this thread and everyone was saying#45 well guess what is was fuse 45! Thanks Guy's

Pike1sanders 04-01-2020 07:15 PM

Need help with dead instrument cluster

Hey I was trying to figure out the issue with my 2004 F250 Fx4. Saw where you told a guy to send you his email and youd shoot him an email with the procedure to check. Is it possible to get that from you? Not sure how to do PMs on here so ill just chance throwing my email out and hope you respond. Id appreciate it. But first my issue is that it gauges and odometer were working fine. I hit a bump and bam..radio,all my guages, the digital odometer, and power windows quit. The timr still shows up on radio but no sound or station display..just time. The guages will throw right as i turn the ignition on but all quickly fall flat. My tow/haul light will not come on when engaged but i can feel the truck shift when i do press the button in. Ive heard to check the wires at the shifter but i cant get the dang steering wheel covers off. Anyway...this is my daily driver and work truck so i cant afford to have it in the shop for more than 2 or 3 days or i lose money. ID APPRECIATE the help. Thanks
pike1sanders@ yahoo.com

Originally Posted by Cowboy65 (Post 8297337)
Welcome to FTE.

There is an instrument cluster test that might be helpful, however the procedure is too long to post. If you will send me a Private Message with your E-mail address I would be happy to send it to you.

Keith Ford 02-12-2023 07:13 PM

Instrument cluster

yeah we're on vacation on a trip and the similar thing happened to me I put it down in low range cuz we would descending down them steep mountain and we lost gauges replaced all the fuses that were mentioned but still no power to it. What is the best manual to purchase that has real good electrical schematics to it.