Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Dirty Jobs. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/915089-dirty-jobs.html)

BEAST428 12-28-2009 10:56 AM

Dirty Jobs.

I took it upon myself to invite Mike Rowe from "Dirty Jobs" and Ford commercials to the All truck nationals. Below is a copy of the e-mail I sent.

Hello, my name is Pat Long. I am a big fan of Dirty Jobs and Ford trucks. I
am a member of Ford truck enthusiasts Mid Atlantic region.
Mid-Atlantic Region - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
On behalf of all the members of FTE I would like to invite you to join us at
this years Carlisle PA "All truck nationals"
Carlisle Events All-Truck Nationals. Experience The Cars. The People. The Excitement.
We know your schedule has to be unbelievably busy, but we think you wont
regret it.
Here is my cell phone# if you have any questions or comments. 814-207-0202
Thank you for your time.

Wait and see.

glruff 12-28-2009 06:39 PM

Good job Pat!

That would be a kick if he would come. :)

Arlene 12-28-2009 08:20 PM

What a fantastic idea! Love his shows~~

ford to the bone 12-28-2009 08:33 PM

good idea pat i also like his show

BEAST428 01-09-2010 04:03 PM

I havent heard anything as of today. There is lots of time.

Oldtrucknut7077 01-10-2010 08:13 AM

Thanks for the update Pat.

BEAST428 01-12-2010 06:53 AM

The "official" answer

Here is a copy of what I recieved.
Looks automated.:-lamesign

Thanks for sending us an email at info@mikeroweworks.com.

Given the craziness associated with all the various launches of our website, we're running around like crazy trying to handle the traffic so if you've asked for a reply, you may not get one right away (in fact, at the rate we're going, it may be 3-4 years). Despite all that, we are thrilled about the updates we've made to www.mikeroweWORKS.com and invite you to participate in the Water Cooler forum and give us your opinion. Check it out! (Now. Please. Go there right now, look around and let us know what you think.)

Lots of you are sending us ideas and encouragement here to the info@mikeroweworks email address. Some of you are sending personal stories that are right in step with what Mike's trying to do by setting up mikeroweWORKST in the first place. We really appreciate your email and just can't possibly do justice to each and every one of them. BUT - we do happen to know that Mike's personally hopeful that you'll tell those stories and give that feedback in the Work Room (part of the Water Cooler section of the site). He logs on from his laptop (mainly from crummy motel rooms) and reads the comments and feedback as often as possible although maybe not as often as he'd like. He's quite swamped getting the word out there. Good news though - we've taught him how to use a computer so yeah, he can reply all by himself. The best thing you could do would be to keep up the dialogue, help us get the message out to others and contribute to the work and trade discussions going on over there.

mikeroweWORKST exists because of people like you who care about the trades, the infrastructure of our Country and the problems we face with both. Please help Mike's site become a valuable resource and a successful PR campaign for hard work. We seriously can't do it without you.

Thanks again,
- the mikeroweWORKST team

P.S. If you have a Dirty Jobs idea or related request (e.g. autographed picture of Mike with mud on his face), please visit the Dirty Jobs website over at Discovery.com. And the Eagle Scout letter information and address is posted in the Work Room section of the Water Cooler at mikeroweWORKS.

P.P.S. Be sure and follow us on twitter at mikeroweWORKS (mikeroweworks) on Twitter!

Please send your request to Discovery Networks Talent Request System and they will get back to you. Please have patience. They get many requests. Thanks!

c00nhunterjoe 01-12-2010 09:21 PM

definatly sounds automated

ford to the bone 01-13-2010 03:28 PM

thats what i say

soondg 01-13-2010 10:24 PM

Great move Pat, it's a start, now if everyone from FTE (or at least the Mid-Atlantic region) sent him a request it would be awfully hard to ignore:).

soondg 01-13-2010 10:57 PM

I went and sent in a request also Pat. You never know unless you try:)

Mr. Rowe,
You had recently received an e-mail from a Pennsylvania Chapter member of Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Mid-Atlantic region asking if you would be interested in attending our annual meet in Carlisle, Pa. at the All Truck Nationals.

"Hello, my name is Pat Long. I am a big fan of Dirty Jobs and Ford trucks. I
am a member of Ford truck enthusiasts Mid Atlantic region.
Mid-Atlantic Region - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
On behalf of all the members of FTE I would like to invite you to join us at
this years Carlisle PA "All truck nationals"
Carlisle Events All-Truck Nationals. Experience The Cars. The People. The Excitement.
We know your schedule has to be unbelievably busy, but we think you wont
regret it.
Here is my cell phone# if you have any questions or comments. 814-207-0202
Thank you for your time."

We have posted your response on our site and I have suggested that other members also send you a request. Most of us being fans of your show and Ford trucks, would welcome even a brief appearance at our event. Perhaps you could log into our site and see if you would be interested in thrilling a few fans. I am also including my cell # if you choose to respond. twosixseventhreezerothreeninetwoninethree

Sincerely
Joseph J Lippolis
(Soondg)
Past Chapter Leader Pennsylvania

c00nhunterjoe 01-15-2010 10:23 PM

i'm curious to see if you get the same auto-response.....

soondg 01-29-2010 07:04 PM

UPDATE; I didn't receive any response Pat, not that I really expected one.

cbradford 01-29-2010 07:31 PM

Now that would be way to cool if Mike actually showed up. Makes me want to blow off my wife's birthday to go to Carlisle instead. :-yeahrigh

Oldtrucknut7077 01-29-2010 07:32 PM

Bring her along if she gets away from weekend work! LOL