Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Colorado Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum81/)
-   -   New Windshields in Denver $99 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/913430-new-windshields-in-denver-99-a.html)

firedewd 12-21-2009 10:15 PM

New Windshields in Denver $99

There is a place in Denver selling new windshields for any American truck '88 or newer for $99 plus tax. Their "screaming deal" is good through the end of the year. Mention "Tom Martino's" consumer radio show for the deal. Company is Mile High Glass. 303-455-9552 They do this every year at Christmas. I am getting mine Wednesday afternoon. NO, I don't work for them but I have two cracks in the drivers view so I am taking a chance. Will let everyone know how it goes.

ceetwarrior 12-24-2009 01:34 PM

That's a good deal! What's the brand on the windshield?

I am picky and usually spend $20 extra to order a windshield without the blue sunfade thing at the top. I like to put a tint brow on instead.

firedewd 12-24-2009 10:55 PM

Got it done yesterday. Same windshield the would charge $180 for but have a christmas deal. Had the tint across the top but not quite as deep as the last windshield. They found a lot of rust across the top from the previous install (previous owner). They cleaned out all the rust and reprimered it at no extra cost. They are on Tom Martino's referral list so there is a good chance of them being on the up and up.:-dancing1:-dancing1

RCKYMTN-PSD 10-15-2010 07:56 PM

curious what brand did you get?

firedewd 10-18-2010 02:57 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back.

It is a FY. Chineese knockoff I think. Some people think there better fit but I couldn't see the install. Took a good sized rock in the same spot a few months after getting it installed and it cracked the next day. Back to square one now. Waiting to see if they do the same special this year.

RCKYMTN-PSD 10-18-2010 05:31 PM

FY is a popular cheaper chinese product but they dont have a UV layer in the lamination so your dash and you could be getting more sun. Sometimes the molding will start to peel on the cheaper brands but if it works for you that is all that matters. $99 is very cheap, I would have to question their work, up to date training on installation and products, air bag safety and rust prevention. But I'm just very picky. I would check out the pinchweld while the windows out to make sure its still not rusted. Tom Martino I dont think knows much except for who "hooks him up"

firedewd 10-19-2010 11:48 PM

Thanks, good info! I will probably look into getting another if they have the deal this year as I can't stand where the crack is.

ctubutis 10-24-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by RCKYMTN-PSD (Post 9454111)
I would have to question their work, up to date training on installation and products, air bag safety and rust prevention.

You should stop by there sometime, meet those folks and ask your questions.