Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Yo Randy!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/907734-yo-randy.html)

jseim44 12-03-2009 08:55 PM

Yo Randy!!!

You still around here? I haven't seen you post for awhile. I sent you a PM.

To all who are not Randy but are reading this anyway......if you have ANY FE parts you want to get rid of....let me know!!!!

-Jake

67nukeford 12-04-2009 06:33 AM

Jake, what parts are you looking for specifically? Wonder where Randy's been hiding??

jseim44 12-04-2009 05:07 PM

I'd like a set of heads to butcher (port). Preferably an early set (C1's or C4's....etc). Also.....maybe just whatever I can find and stock pile for future use.

-Jake

fordnut forever 12-05-2009 07:07 PM

Sorry guys, my dad passed away so been busy w/family, don't think i got any heads left, i'll do some looking when i get a chance

jseim44 12-05-2009 08:49 PM

Sorry to hear that Randy. That has to be tough on the family. I just lost my Grandmother here about a month ago and it certainly wasn't easy.

-Jake

67nukeford 12-06-2009 06:36 AM

Randy, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, bud, that's a tough loss.

fordnut forever 12-06-2009 06:02 PM

thanks guys, it was tough but at least he's not suffering anymore, cancer sure turns ugly,spread from prostrate to the bones ,at least it was fast,i'll get my butt on here more after things settle down

RedUgly77 12-09-2009 05:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad Randy...

The Freak 12-11-2009 10:30 AM

I have a few FE parts laying around depending on what you are looking for. I'm not going to 'give' anything away, as I have new projects pop up all the time, and I know how much it cost to buy FE stuff new and find good used stuff!!

Performer RPM Intake

67 390 car heads (not sure on the casting #'s, as I haven't seen these heads in years, they're stored at the machine shop where the engine was originally built.) Ported/polished, been gone through/checked out, springs good to .600 lift + (the cam I ran was .601 lift). I believe valve size is still stock

FE Distributor (converted to run MSD)

Cobra LeMans Valve Covers

New rocker arm shafts/Clevite adjustable rocker arms. I also have a couple different length of pushrods for a hydraulic or solid cam (I don't think I have all 16 in either lenght though??

Lakewood BlowProof Bellhousing (May be trading this off for a 429)

428 flywheel

Custom made upright truck pulling headers (the only ones around)

I ran all of these parts in my pulling truck when I first started pulling. The engine was a 416 stroker that I turned pretty consistently around 7K rpm's. After 5 years of pulling, it decided it didn't like that anymore:-X13

Misc small pieces. Also, have several stock FE's still in old Ford trucks

Let me know if you are interested in anything, and I can send you a price.

jseim44 12-12-2009 08:19 PM

PM me a price on the heads please. If you can get the casting numbers that'd be great too.

-Jake

The Freak 12-14-2009 08:56 AM

Will do!! I'll have to get a hold of the machine shop and see if they can dig them out for me.

gquinn8516 12-14-2009 08:48 PM

Jake - Wish you would have said something - I have a set of 428 heads you are welcome to have. I don't think they are worth anything because they are off the irrigation engine I purchased. I am going to buy a set of Cobra Jet Aluminum heads for my 410. I will get the casting on them and send you a message. Your welcome to them if you want them.

jseim44 12-14-2009 09:42 PM

Dang! It's not like I didn't have room for them either. I ordered Steve Christ's book....which is, apparently, the FE bible so I will know what's good and what's not as good. I need to see what heads the 71 has on it.....I'm sure they're probably C8AEs like the 69 but I might get lucky.

-Jake

jseim44 03-11-2010 09:40 PM

Randy,
How much of a mess is your yard? I need to get my stuff together and make you a list of what I need. I also have some old tires and wheels that would be nice to get rid of.

-Jake

fordnut forever 03-12-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by jseim44 (Post 8629611)
Randy,
How much of a mess is your yard? I need to get my stuff together and make you a list of what I need. I also have some old tires and wheels that would be nice to get rid of.

-Jake

well, you sink down to your ankles in the soft spots,lol get a list and will see what we can come up with,how many tires and wheels?:-X10