Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum173/)
-   -   What did you think of Fluid Film? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/907221-what-did-you-think-of-fluid-film.html)

DanoFF50 12-02-2009 11:26 AM

What did you think of Fluid Film?

We've shipped out quite a few samples on here and are just looking for some feedback. Good, bad, or indifferent, just let us know, and if you haven't tried Fluid Film and live in the US, just PM me your contact info and I'll get a sample can out pronto.

Furyus1 12-02-2009 11:40 AM

Haven't tried it on the truck yet, but it did a great job on my bathroom door hinges lol...

DanoFF50 12-02-2009 11:54 AM

The real key to determining the strength of the product is time. Because it doesn't dry out, it last a looong time..

tow pro 570 12-02-2009 12:23 PM

danoff50 whats fluid film ?

DanoFF50 12-02-2009 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by tow pro 570 (Post 8194524)
danoff50 whats fluid film ?

Fluid Film is a solvent free, lanolin based corrosion preventive and lubricant. It is safe to use on paint, plastic and synthetic rubbers, and will stop and prevent corrosion on contact. Because it remains super slick, it is also an excellent lubricant that will stop squeaks immediately for extended periods of time. It prevents battery corrosion for at least a year, is an excellent vehicle undercoating, and will even keep your locks from freezing during winter.

If you haven't tried it and live in the US, just PM me your contact info.

tow pro 570 12-02-2009 01:01 PM

danoff50 i got a small try can from you already from plow site good stuff

Ford_Six 12-02-2009 01:32 PM

I applied it to the plow on my tractor, but haven't gotten enough snow to really test it yet. It's still quite shiny on there though-

DanoFF50 12-03-2009 08:52 AM

Here is a new testimonial from another forum. It was so good I had to share:

"Recently the chief of my fire dept asked me to fix the telescoping light poles. We were unable to raise them without it being a 2 person operation. The aluminum poles and hardware had seized up. So I tried everything at the Firehouse (penetrating oil, Liquid wrench, WD40, etc) nothing worked. So I bought a can of FF and sprayed the area, waited 15 minutes and was able to move all the hardware, the pole moved up and down, and I did it with one hand.

Since then I have used FF on all of our hydrant wrenches, telescoping lights, I have applied it to the tools one day and wiped off excess the next day. The axe heads after cleaning and repainting still look brand new. We had a Large Diameter hose clamp that took both hands to open and close. After spraying FF on the screw shaft, I can turn it with one finger.

I have used FF on my company plow and truck for a year now. The underside still looks brand new and the plow has no rust on it. The owner of our company is now a believer. I have sprayed all of the plows and he can't wait to see how they look at the end of plow season.

Thanks FF for a great product."

7.3 Rocket 12-03-2009 04:37 PM

Don't try to lick it! Dano says it tastes like certain sheep parts.

Really is great stuff!

The snow we get around here is ALWAYS sticky and will stick to your shovel. Got 2 new shovels last year. Sprayed them with FF and the snow slides right off every time. Tried using an old non-coated shovel once. Snow stuck to it like crazy. Was stopping to bang it clean every couple scoops. Really is great stuff.

Sprayed the snowblower with it but I haven't had a chance to see those results yet. No snow around these parts yet.

svcguy 12-07-2009 12:32 AM

Fluid film is outstanding

Fluid film is an excellent product. We have used it protecting hydraulic rams over the winter, as undercoating, inside doors / fenders / rocker panels, inside boat bilges (extremely resistant to salt water), storage of any metal item including guns, wood stoves, plate steel. Survivalists use Fluid Film to treat anything metal before bury. It is an outstanding product and does stop rust in it's tracks. Pull the plastic patches off your doors and rocker panels and coat the inside with it before attaching the patches. I used to use LP3 for storing items, but Fluid Film outperforms it. Highly recommended.

DanoFF50 12-07-2009 07:11 AM

Nice testimonials! Thanks!

draginlow 12-07-2009 08:31 AM

i am a lift time user after learning about it on plowsite.com. everything i have is covered in it. both of my trucks and plow setups. if it was made in a butter spread i would put it on toast lol