Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Where to Get Real Gasoline in Owasso?..... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/896725-where-to-get-real-gasoline-in-owasso.html)

cigarxtc 10-26-2009 08:14 PM

Where to Get Real Gasoline in Owasso?.....

Sigh....My shell station on 86th St. has been bought out and the new owners are now using cheap ethanol. :-banghead Sigh. :mad: Where else can i get real gas for my vehicles in Owasso?

Thanks in Advance.

MikeB 88 10-27-2009 07:59 AM

Ron,

I go to the Sinclair on 96th and 145th. They are still advertising Real Gas.

cigarxtc 10-27-2009 09:14 PM

Thx, Mike. I went there a handful of times, until my wife's SUV experienced hard starts on an almost empty tank. I suspect that water or gunk was in the gas and when it got low enough the fuel pump got some in the lines. I ran the wife's truck down to almost E and then filled up at Shell and try to start but it would only crank and crank. After a couple minutes of cranking she finally started running. I have been putting fuel line antifreeze/water remover in each tank since then. It's been about a month or so. Hopefully the water/gunk is out of the tank. I am leary of going back to that Sinclair. Have you tried running any of your vehicles down to E or on fumes while using that Sinclair gas?

MikeB 88 10-28-2009 07:28 AM

Yep!! The Ranger has a 15 gal gas tank and I'm constantly putting in 14 to 14.5 gallons. The Thunderbird usually get filled it's about 1/2 empty. Just because it needs the premium fuel and it's pretty costly to fill up when empty. The Ranger and Thunderbird seemed to run better on their gas than the Shells. But that could just be my imagination though.

MikeB 88 11-03-2009 08:46 AM

Ron,

I was told at work that the Shell station on 76th now has REAL gas. You might want to check them out. I was told that the owners switched stations. Don't know for sure, just passing on what I was told.

cigarxtc 11-04-2009 07:14 PM

Cool. Thanks, Mike. :-X22 I'll drive by there on the way home tonight. This QT and Kum&Go Ethanol is definately not lasting as long as real gas.

MikeB 88 11-04-2009 07:45 PM

I stopped there this morning with the Thunderbird and the price matched what REAL GAS would go for. I've been running the real gas from the Sinclair station through it, but have developed a rough idle over the last couple months. Hopefully the Shell gas will clean out some of the gunk in there and bring back my smooth idle.

Faber 01-08-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by cigarxtc (Post 8076300)
Sigh....My shell station on 86th St. has been bought out and the new owners are now using cheap ethanol. :-banghead Sigh. :mad: Where else can i get real gas for my vehicles in Owasso?

Thanks in Advance.

used to fuel at the same place.
motorcycle, truck, suv
id noticed the switch too and was gonna start looking elsewhere for fuel.

glad you started this thread....thanks.

cigarxtc 01-15-2010 09:06 PM

Yep, the Shell station on 76th Street, next to McD's, sells real gas. It's all i put in both our trucks. I think I'll stay away from that Sinclair station on 96th street, unless they replace their underground tanks. I can drive either truck down to fumes and have no trouble starting with this Shell gas. :-dancing1

Faber 01-16-2010 09:31 AM

^sweet....thanks man.
ill be heading that way for fuel too....

MikeB 88 01-16-2010 11:14 AM

I switched from the Sinclair station to the Shell station. The Thunderbird is much happier!! The Ranger likes it to:-X04

MikeB 88 02-04-2010 07:47 AM

I'm beginning to think the Shell station on 76th went back to the blended fuel. In this last tank of gas in my Ranger, I'm seeing a good 30 miles difference. The gas gauge is about a needle with below the 1/4 mark and I usually see 315-320 miles at this point. Right now I've driven 295. I'll find out for sure Friday when I stop to fill up.

I've driven no different between the last two fill ups, no unnecessary idling or anything our of the ordinary.

Faber 02-04-2010 07:03 PM

noooooooooo.....
let us know what you think, appreciate the heads up.

MikeB 88 02-05-2010 07:55 AM

I may have had a brain fart. Filled up this morning at QT, as I forgot to go Shell and didn't want to back track. This past tank I got 21.5mpg's. The tank before I got 22.6 mpg's. Down 1mpg, could be just the weather. I'll see what I get with QT's gas in 3 or 4 weeks.

Faber 02-05-2010 06:40 PM

happens to the best of us....