Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   Truck update (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/896188-truck-update.html)

chopped&dropped 10-24-2009 11:22 PM

Truck update

ok ive been posting in the 73-79 forum on this site so i figured its time i updated all my fellow north carolinians on my progress. i bought the truck in feb 09. and since then i have put new brake calipers and pads, spindle hubs and bearings rear drum brakes and hardware ,altenator, coil pack, distributor,solenoid, battery ,ignition module,air filter, rebuilt the carb, and changed the blacked out grille and front bumper to chrome tinted out my turn signals on the front , the PO shaved of the side signals . i took off the woodgrain decals on my dash and left it black and silver.i just bought a brand new wiring harness to put in soon plus im goin to put diamond plate metal in the bed floor. i also want to raise my wheel wells on the bed so i can continue the dentside from the cab in to the wheel wells for a unique look . and BIGGER tires on the rear hehehe. oh yea almost forgot to mention the PO had chopped the top by 4 inches or more and lowered it also gave it a 75 camaro front end

ok this is enough for now lo

p.s. please feel appreciated this may be the longest forum ive posted or written ever lol

ncheavymetal 10-29-2009 07:49 AM

Is this the same truck you were trying to sell a while back? I guess you decided to keep it. You have done a ton of stuff to it. Sounds like a pretty cool truck. Is it going to be a show truck or a daily driver? Both?

chopped&dropped 10-29-2009 07:55 AM

yea i was thinkin about selling it but decided agaisnt it i was jus frustrated at the situation i was in but im actually gettin to were i can do more on it now and i plan on keepin it for a while even though i jus found out i got to pull the cab off and replace the floor pans and some of the firewall (got any welding skills and a free weekend lmao)and yes its gonna be a show/work truck. to me a truck aint a truck if it dont have dings nicks or scratches to give it character

chopped&dropped 11-07-2009 09:23 AM

update

i finally got off my butt this morning after work and pulled the seat out and pulled the carpet and low and behold its not as bad as i once thought thank god looks like ill jus need the floor pans after all WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! i almost woke the neighbors jumping for joy but this friday ill be ordering the floor pans and installing them then its on to the wiring harness.

im gonna post some pics later...

p.s. for those you who dont know me that well i run a car club here in my home town of statesville,nc but its not for cars only its for true enthusiasts like our selves and wat ever they happen to drive from truck to car to motorcycle to semi's we are planning a show for next march or april date TBD and i would like it if some of us FTE guys could get together and show off our rides for all whos interested please let me know thanks

Brown Falcon 11-07-2009 03:14 PM

Looks like a great project. Looks SICK!

How far are you from New Bern? If you have anymore shows coming up let me know and I'll try to be there!