Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Look out UP here we come ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89560-look-out-up-here-we-come.html)

Jimjdb1 06-04-2002 07:03 PM

Look out UP here we come ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

You guys in the UP, the wife and I will be comming up there the week of 7-7-02. We will be going to Fort Wilkens, Porcipine Mts, Iron Mt, among others. If you are interested in meeting up for a cup of java and a camp fire let me know and we will try to get in touch with you when we get there.

You can e-mail me with info at jimjdb1@comcast.net

Make sure you include names, and phone nos. so we can call ya.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Jim

:-X25 :-X24

Jimjdb1 06-24-2002 05:30 PM

I guess no one is going to be home for the second two weeks in July. Well I guess this old couple will have to find all the neat places to see all by ourselves. LOL. Well we are giong to be there, if you see a Big Black F-250 running down the road, look at the back window. There will be a FTE sticker there. Flag me down, we can chat over a cup of brew OR SOMETHING!!!!!

Jim

TallPaul 06-26-2002 07:08 AM

If you are going to Ft. Wilkins (I believe this is in Copper Harbor, right), be sure to hike through the Estavant Pines. These pines are huge and the trails total only 1 or 2 miles--an easy hike. The Estavant Pines are about 3 miles south of Copper Harbor. There is a sign at the community center that tells about it. Also can find it on the net.

INLINE SIX POWER!Oo.
300 Cubic Inches of Low RPM Truck Torque! And twin-I-beams too!
"Drive a stick young man! There'll be time for automatics when you're old and unable."

Jimjdb1 06-26-2002 06:18 PM

Thanks Paul, I'll do just that.

The wife and I will be up there for 2&1/2 weeks and Fort Wilkins is one of the first places we plan to visit.

We go up to the UP at least once a year, but its usely only for one week. This year the wife's job closed down so we can stay longer.

I really enjoy it, thats truely Gods country up there.

Where are you located in the metro area? I'm here in Warren. Just thinking you might want to meet up for a cup of java. Let me know.

Jim.

TallPaul 06-27-2002 06:41 AM

I am in Redford. Thanks for the offer, but at this time I am too busy balancing family obligations with visiting my mother who is in a nursing home recovering from a horrible three months of hospitalization and near death experiences. She is doing quite well now, but still needs a lot of physical therapy to get back on her feet.

I vacationed in the UP last fall and in the fall of '99. Back in '82 I spent 10 weeks in the western UP in Forestry Camp and I worked up there in '89 collecting forest data for my master's thesis. Just this morning I dropped an application in the mail for a job in the UP--don't know why I didn't do that about 6 or 10 years sooner.

Jimjdb1 06-27-2002 04:38 PM

I know what you mean about the family obligations, and you are correct, that comes first.

I agree with you also that I wish I had taken a job up north many years ago. I had the chance but didn't.

You get your family taken care of, and if you get some time later we can get together and B.S.

Good luck to you and yours.

Jim

rsheltro 07-02-2002 12:52 PM

Are you going to be coming through Iron River? Let me know and maybe we can make arrangements to get together.

Elijah at DoverAFB 11-23-2002 07:10 AM

Hello All this is my first time here. I used to live in the U.P.
for a couple of years and if your in the Hougton/Hancock are you need
to stop by the Ramada Inn for some good eats tell em' Liner sent ya.
:-)

keporter 11-27-2002 05:48 PM