Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Jersey Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum143/)
-   -   NJ Shop recommendation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/895142-nj-shop-recommendation.html)

rgconway 10-21-2009 02:44 PM

NJ Shop recommendation

Hello NJ,

I do most of the work on our cars/truck, but looking for a good shop for our 2002 F350 7.3. For now, it needs ball joints; I'm also considering rustproofing because, like all of us, I plan to keep forever.

Any recommendations near Somerville/Flemington NJ? Any thoughts on rustproofing?

Thanks.

Bob

sddesigns 10-21-2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by rgconway (Post 8058742)
Hello NJ,

I do most of the work on our cars/truck, but looking for a good shop for our 2002 F350 7.3. For now, it needs ball joints; I'm also considering rustproofing because, like all of us, I plan to keep forever.

Any recommendations near Somerville/Flemington NJ? Any thoughts on rustproofing?

Thanks.

Bob

Hey Bob, theres a NJ member Cliff (plowin4u) that has a shop in South Amboy, minutes off 287 south, near the parkway.

If you contact him I sure he can help you, unless it's too far for you. I don't know anyone down in the Somerville/Flemington area. Do you have an emergency repair or you just looking for someone reputable?

rgconway 10-21-2009 04:55 PM

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. No emergency repair needed, just looking to get to know a reliable shop local. South Amboy a bit far for me (~50min).

Cheers,

Bob

Muddedprairie 10-25-2009 09:24 PM

Bob,

Station Auto in white house Eric the owner a great guy.... Where are you from flemington? I used to work for flem car & truck country....

Mark

ranger1999 Bob 10-27-2009 10:32 PM

if you ever get up near woodbridge i know a shop NOT to go to you can PM me for the info on that one

plowin4u 10-28-2009 07:59 PM

Thank you for the recommendation Steve, hey Bob, I know front end work can be very costly for the truck, it requires special equipment to perform that task,if your local shops are ripping you off, i may be able to help you out,it may be worth the trip to south amboy to save a few bucks. Let me know, thanks Cliff

rgconway 10-28-2009 09:17 PM

F350

Cliff, thanks for the suggestion. I need ball joints on RH side, want to be sure to do O-rings and needle bearing also. I've got the tools, equipment and knowledge, just not the time! Thanks. Bob

twall_SD250 11-01-2009 12:42 AM

whats the name of the place in south amboy i just move out of south amboy last month and move one town over to parlin... i have 2001 f250sd with a 5.4l and looking for someone whos good... i always did everything myself on my truck but since i had back surgery last year i havent been able to do it anymore

sddesigns 11-01-2009 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by twall_SD250 (Post 8094794)
whats the name of the place in south amboy i just move out of south amboy last month and move one town over to parlin... i have 2001 f250sd with a 5.4l and looking for someone whos good... i always did everything myself on my truck but since i had back surgery last year i havent been able to do it anymore

First thing is Welcome to FTE and don't forget to join the NJ Chapter, just contact plowin4u, he is on Main Street, in the old car dealer lot.

He'll see this, but you need to have at least 25 posts to be able to Private Message.

Also were having a NJ Chapter GTG in Woodbridge on the 14th, check here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...g-12-5-pm.html

plowin4u 11-04-2009 10:08 PM

Thanks Steve, I'm here, twall, I am located on main and broadway at the old briggs chevy dealer, drop in anytime during the day, I am usually there 9 am to 3 pm tues thru sat.,come all the way in back of big parking lot behind beige fence, you will see a bunch of garages in back and look for white super duty with fte stickers on back window.:-bigparty