Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Georgia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum82/)
-   -   Offroading (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89453-offroading.html)

wildjon300ci 02-09-2002 07:15 PM

Offroading

Where are some places to go offroad that I won't DING my truck up? Where does everyone go riding?

oldblue18 02-09-2002 08:16 PM

Offroading

I usually just go down some good 'ole dirt (i.e. clay) roads after it rains. This yesterday was a good day, as it rained about 3 days solid earlier that week--very deep and slickery ruts:-X04 . As long as I don't slide into the ditch, body damage is minimal. But of course, I live in Bulloch county--which officially has more dirt roads than any other county in the state of GA. (seriously, it's been documented...)

Jon
1989 F-150 XL- 4x4, 302, M50D
1995 Bronco Eddie Bauer- 351W, E40D

1stFordTruck 02-10-2002 06:41 PM

Offroading

WildJon

Why dont we get a group together soon and we'll find some power lines or whatever, and we all go. We can make it our 1st Georgia Chapter Event. Can be on a Saturday or Sunday.

I am waiting on my tax return before I buy tires, so it will be a few weeks before I am ready.

What does everyone think?

CobraXP 02-12-2002 12:13 PM

Offroading

I'll have to be the judge :-X06 ... Don't think my Explorer will make it through the woods... Yall would end up spending all day trying to pull me off ruts, stumps, holes. It's no low-rider, but isn't really equipped for that. It doesn't like dirt roads too much. hehe...

wildjon300ci 02-13-2002 11:56 AM

Offroading

It would be pretty fun. I don't think Cobra would like us too much at the end of the day :-X09 :-X07 My truck is gonna go back togeather tonight and tommarow. :-D I will be getting tires sometime around the first of the summer. Maybe my friend will sell me his TSLs, he's looking for some boggers for his off-road buggy. Oo.

CobraXP 02-13-2002 12:12 PM

Offroading

Won't have to worry about me getting mad - :-X01 - I'll be riding with someone else. Mine will be sittin at the finish line waitin'...
hehe:-D

Greywolf 02-15-2002 12:29 PM

Offroading

What are you boys gonna call it?
Lemmee make a suggestion here:

"The Georgia Mud Slide"
[font color="004499"](Sponsored by CLUB FTE)[/font]
Sounds like a winner to me!!!

DANG! It could become an annual event....

wildjon300ci 02-15-2002 06:17 PM

Offroading

Get out of here Tennessee man.....us Georgia folks don't take to kindly to ya'll. :-X19 ;-) Hey, sounds like a good name.8D

laptopgeek 03-26-2002 10:15 AM

Offroading

Jen 03-28-2002 08:24 PM

Offroading

Hey guys! I have been muddin up there in georgia. My fathers side of the family is from Ga. We went to like an annual event? Around Christmas eve. I don't know. I went with my cousin. It was pretty bad tho...talk about some fun ridin! I might be comin to Ga (forsyth) in a couple of months, we will all have to get together when I come so I can meet some members of the GA chapter!!

Jen
Gig'em:-X22

FordF15077 01-24-2007 11:54 AM

Cohutta Wilderness

Anyone ever go up to the Cohutta Wilderness Area? I have done a lot of backpacking up there, but I always take my subaru. I am getting my truck ready for a trip up there. I want to get the new winch on first. There are some ORV trails that I am anxious to check out.

3broncocrazy 01-24-2007 04:50 PM

Holly rebirth of this one:)

Never been, let us know how it turns out

FTE Trigger 01-24-2007 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by FordF15077
, but I always take my subaru...

<--What is this thing you speak of... :-D :-missingt

Seriously tho... we supposedly have a pretty nice off-road park right by me... I was thinking about making a g2g out of it for my chapter (its too far in the mid. of the state for a multi-state g2g?) Gulches ORV Mayybe a search around Georgia will turn up the same...

ohh...
I'm still tryin to find a place that will sell me bubble wrap by the Crate for the F150.. the B2 needs a bit more things b4 I feel comfy about throwin' her on the open road...