Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   New here :) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/888752-new-here.html)

BigBrownTank 09-29-2009 08:44 PM

New here :)

Hi all :)
Im Mellisa, I'm 21 and I just got given my dads 1977 F150 Ranger XLT SuperCab. The thing is a beast but as with all oldies, it definatly needs some TLC. I've already found that parts for these trucks arnt exactly easy to find until i got a hold of a LMC catalog so I think im set now haha. My dad still owns "my" little 79 Courier (bought it for $500 from my other gmpa at 17) and i'm sure i'll inherit that one too. Right now I'm currently driving a 2005 Chevy Cobalt.

Anyhow...I'm glad there are people in WA that are enthusiasts about the trucks because i have alot to learn and there's a bunch i want to do!

First question about the truck that i have is a wiring problem. Simple part is the brake lights dont work...Complicated part is where on earth is the problem! So far we have taken the trailer brake out and are in the process of taking all other wires trying to get it back to stock wiring. Not sure if this is going to work but so far we've got all the running lights working! Luckily we found wiring diagrams online and are trying to pin point where a problem could possibly lie but we've gotten as far as figuring out what is what for the most part. So i guess the question is...what could possibly cause the brake lights not to work? All the other lights work on the truck so its not the bulbs themselves. Sooooo confused.

Thanks for any input ya'll can give me :)

lostmybeer 09-30-2009 01:02 AM

Welcome to the site, you will find a lot of useful info. here. Your membership has been approved.

BigBrownTank 09-30-2009 01:29 AM

yay thanks :)

caseys 09-30-2009 03:03 PM

Welcome BigBrownTank! There are some mechanically bright people here that I am confident will help direct you in the right direction in fixing your wiring problem. Unfortunately, I not that person. Be patient and someone will reply. Also post your wiring problem under a more appropriate FTE topic... you will more than likely get a faster reply with less BS.

Cobalt Tom 10-02-2009 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by caseys (Post 7986090)
Welcome BigBrownTank! There are some mechanically bright people here that I am confident will help direct you in the right direction in fixing your wiring problem. Unfortunately, I not that person. Be patient and someone will reply. Also post your wiring problem under a more appropriate FTE topic... you will more than likely get a faster reply with less BS.

I did that for us ;)
my name is tom btw, mellisa's bf hahaha
im the one doing the rewiring on the truck :lol:
i postedup in the wiring/ elec section about it :)

Cobalt Tom 10-02-2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by lostmybeer (Post 7984493)
Welcome to the site, you will find a lot of useful info. here. Your membership has been approved.

nice truck! i think i may have seen you around town...

caseys 10-02-2009 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt Tom (Post 7993149)
I did that for us ;)
my name is tom btw, mellisa's bf hahaha
im the one doing the rewiring on the truck :lol:
i postedup in the wiring/ elec section about it :)

:-missingt

Cobalt Tom 10-02-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by caseys (Post 7993573)
:-missingt

and then i called her a newb :lol:
funny thing is her and i met online about 2yrs ago on a car forum and now i help run another (admin) lol...so posts like hers of 3-4 threads in mult wrong sections annoy even me :lol:
i know you get alot more help on things when you dont newb it :lol:

caseys 10-03-2009 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt Tom (Post 7993578)
and then i called her a newb :lol:
funny thing is her and i met online about 2yrs ago on a car forum and now i help run another (admin) lol...so posts like hers of 3-4 threads in mult wrong sections annoy even me :lol:
i know you get alot more help on things when you dont newb it :lol:

:-yeahrigh

Cobalt Tom 10-03-2009 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by caseys (Post 7995277)
:-yeahrigh

lawlerskates

caseys 10-03-2009 06:18 PM

Urban Dictionary Definition: "Tranny"

1) In mechanics, a vehicle's transmission. [Ford or Chebby...]

2) A man who wishes to be a female. A way of life. Dress like woman, act like woman, look like woman and desire to be a woman.

...Just wonderin'

BigBrownTank 10-03-2009 10:08 PM

wtf? im so confused with you two haha. guys are sooo confusing sometimes.

caseys 10-04-2009 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by BigBrownTank (Post 7997287)

"What is important is to spread confusion, not eliminate it." ~Salvador Dalí

:-innocent

Snowbunny 10-05-2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by BigBrownTank (Post 7997287)

It's a guy thing, Just ignore them. That's what I do!! :-jamminHa! Ha!! Ha!!!

Welcome to FTE!!!

lostmybeer 10-05-2009 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt Tom (Post 7993157)
nice truck! i think i may have seen you around town...

Thanks... You prolly have seen it. Give me about a week, and there will be another change to it. Don't want to be behind me though...