Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum74/)
-   -   New Advertiser (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/88167-new-advertiser.html)

FTE Ken 06-03-2002 08:59 AM

New Advertiser

Ford Truck Enthusiasts would like to welcome our latest advertiser, Bergstrom Ford. Bergstrom Ford is a large Midwest dealer who offers on-site sales and drop shipments to all Ford-Trucks.com users. They will be happy to answer questions in the message boards you may have about selecting, purchasing and ordering a Ford truck or SUV. User MartyB will be the point of contact for Bergstom Ford.

MartyB 06-03-2002 09:54 PM

New Advertiser

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-Jun-02 AT 11:12 PM (EST)]Thanks Ken.

I look forward to working with you and everybody on this site. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have about ordering or buying trucks, or just trucks in general. I don't know everything, but I can probably find an answer to your questions.

I specialize in Superduties and Powerstrokes in particular, but I am also pretty good with F150's and I am a SVT dealer. Up here in WI, we don't sell the Lightnings as fast as they do in the South (unless Ford comes up with a viable AWD system) so I usually have some in stock.

I welcome A/Z/X plan purchases. I have a lot of experience in drop-ship orders ( I place your order and you pick up at the local dealer ). I can give you a great price, maybe not the lowest, but you can be assured that I have sufficient allocation and I will process your order accurately and keep you updated regularly on the status of your truck. I can provide plenty of references upon request. I know there are a couple guys on here who have seen what I can do, and can attest to what I am saying.

Drop me a note if there is anything I can do for you.

Marty:-wink

TallPaul 06-04-2002 11:02 AM

New Advertiser

Hi Marty,

While I am not currently in the market for a new truck, I am always thinking of my future needs/desires. What concerns me is I went to 4 Detroit MI area Ford dealers and none had manual transmission SuperDuties on the lot (one dealer had some 35 units). Seems to me if they had some manuals on the lot they would sell (so I hopefully can fine one used someday). I would be interested in your perspective, as a Dealer, on what the future of manual transmissions is and how manual transmissions are viewed from a marketing perspective.

INLINE SIX POWER!Oo.
300 Cubic Inches of Low RPM Truck Torque! And twin-I-beams too!
"Drive a stick young man! There'll be time for automatics when you're old and unable."

MartyB 06-04-2002 11:23 AM

New Advertiser

We order very few Manuals for our lot. I think the reality is that fewer and fewer of these trucks are used specifically for "work". They are becoming what the minivan was a few years ago, the family "truckster". I think the sheer size of these trucks makes the manual a difficult proposition for MOST drivers. As dealers we need to keep the most marketable vehicles on the lot. I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in the Midwest (Central WI in particular) the Superduties are a hot commodity, so we order what sells. I don't have the allocation to order a lot of manuals. I usually have a couple XL's in the pipeline somewhere for our commercial/fleet users.

I sell quite a few Manuals, but they are usually order-outs. The folks that want the Manual Trannies will usually have a specific truck in mind, and the prospect of locating the exact truck is minimal (they will want things like manual 4x4 and AIC and no sliding rear window for example). These folks will wait their 6-8 weeks to get exactly what they want.

In the F150 and Ranger the manuals sell pretty well, so we always have a few of them available. I would love to see a 5.4L with the SuperDuty 6-speed in the F-150.

As far as the prospects for the future of manual transmissions- Who Knows??? I like them, but I drive an Auto for the convenience. There is a percentage of the public who will not drive an auto, so they will stick around.

Good Question, did I answer it?

MartyB

TallPaul 06-04-2002 11:44 AM

New Advertiser

Yes, you answered it. So there are far more manuals out there than I see in my "window shopping." And, that may be for the better in my case, as I don't like a lot of family "truckster" options (prefer the XL). I have been told that out in the country, where farmers are the bulk of the customers, there are more manuals available on the lot.

Your idea of a six speed in the 5.4L F150 is good. Also I think many people who could do with an F150 would buy an SD for the style (me included). I'd love to see a light duty version of the SD someday.

Thanks and welcome to the site.

Paul

MartyB 06-04-2002 12:01 PM

New Advertiser

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Jun-02 AT 01:02 PM (EST)]I think you will like the 2004 F150. From what I hear it will look a lot like the Tonka.

TallPaul 06-04-2002 12:10 PM

New Advertiser

I look forward to its debut. Thanks again.

hale _on _wheels 08-02-2002 12:06 AM

New Advertiser

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Aug-02 AT 01:08 AM (EST)]:-fire Hello Marty, I need to know what size of ford truck,diesel that I need to pull a 37' to a 38' fifth wheel. app. weight 11,500 lbs. Iv'e been looking at a 350 automatic dually long bed ,Lariat but everyone is saying the DOT is going to start cracking down, & I want to stay legal. can you help & the sooner the better! Thanks in advance--Larry

MNCamper 08-22-2002 12:06 PM

New Advertiser

About 5 days ago, I emailed Marty at the address given in his posts
(fordtrucks@bergstromauto.com I think).

I have not recvd a reply and wonder if that address is current or if Marty is still doing this.

Anybody have up-to-date info?

TallPaul 08-22-2002 12:37 PM

New Advertiser

Have you tried his phone number given in his posts above?

MNCamper 08-22-2002 08:50 PM

New Advertiser

Doh!...

...long distance call...
I guess I am too cheap to even have thought of that.
I will give that a try tomorrow.
Thanks

FTE Ken 08-22-2002 09:01 PM

New Advertiser

Long distance is cheap these days... $0.06 to $0.10 per minute. You're looking at $1.00 for a ten minute call, tops.

Carlene 08-22-2002 09:18 PM

New Advertiser

Check with your cell phone provider. We use Nextel and anywhere we want to call only uses our minutes, not our $'s. Even call the in-laws now with the cell cause the 3 hr call don't cost anything!!

CobraXP 08-23-2002 02:52 PM

New Advertiser

When I called up there, they said Marty does not work there anymore...

:-X15

FTE Ken 08-24-2002 07:39 PM

New Advertiser