Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Any golfers in the chapter. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/877648-any-golfers-in-the-chapter.html)

Zip 08-19-2009 03:31 PM

Any golfers in the chapter.

As the title states any golfers.

J_E_Summit 08-19-2009 05:10 PM

Sorry, I have never played Golf, and I don't plan on every trying it.

Zip 08-19-2009 05:15 PM

You sound like my dad before he tried it. Now he probably golfs 3 times a week.

Try it you will like it.

J_E_Summit 08-19-2009 05:19 PM

I can't afford another hobby anyway:)

Zip 08-19-2009 05:21 PM

Yes I will say some courses are pretty pricey.

wallz 08-19-2009 08:35 PM

Na, who needs golf! Never tried and never have time for it!

I'm too preoccupied with learning the sport of fly fishing. Atleast I get to come home with fish once in a while to feed the family, and get to teach the young uns something good to stay out a trouble.

Zip 08-19-2009 08:40 PM

That takes a long time to learn. Been learning for a few years now.

wallz 08-19-2009 10:02 PM

Ya, I've put in about 15 now, and just recently added the salmon fishing into the mix. It a whole different ball game fishin on the river for those big uns. But can be rewarding if you can keep the poles from breakin.

warriormama 08-19-2009 11:51 PM

Well now, finally a subject I can probably outdo you all in lol...
my dad built and owned a golf course for many years, he sold it and semi retired.
So therefore yes I golf and am pretty damn good at it too lol.....I worked there so I golfed every day for 9 years, my mom and I did the ladies tournament circuit in BC and some places in Washington, we went to at least one tournament a month, I miss those days, but with all my jobs and my son, there really isn't much time for golf lately, next year though I plan on golfing as much as I can get in.

80351 08-20-2009 12:25 AM

Hey Chris when you get a chance check the CL thread or
the MD chapter page

bigrigfixer 08-25-2009 01:27 PM

I may golf once or twice a year max. I'm not all that good a golfer, in fact I make bad golfers look good. But I do have my own set of clubs.

Zip 08-25-2009 02:28 PM

I used to golf at least 3 times a week when I was in Alberta. After leaving there maybe a couple times a year. I lost my clubs in a fire and have not swung a club in 2 yrs.

I have finally replaced them. I went to the range yesterday and hit a bucket of balls. I got my bag 1/2 price at crappy tire. My driver a Callaway C4 I paid $27.00 for. My irons Tommy Armor 845S I paid 43.81 for. Sometimes one has to love Ebay.

bigrigfixer 08-25-2009 03:05 PM

All my clubs are non-branded. My wife got them for me for Christmas back in 01. Right now they're collecting cobwebs in my garage. I'd like to get my wife a set of clubs as well, but she doesn't want them. She says she'd rather share. But we all know the rules about that, so we don't go...

Last time I actually golfed, my buddy and I, and our wives were in Kamloops. The women drove the cart, and maybe shot 12 holes and gave up. They were sharing clubs too. Us guys finished the 18, using our own clubs and walked the whole way.

Flying_Dutchman 08-30-2009 07:26 PM

I used to play a lot, when I was in Highschool I was on the BC junior golf tour and Canadian junior Golf tour. I spent a few years as a junior member at The Redwoods in Langley as well. I ended up getting frustrated with it and havent played much in the last few years. My setup is Ping putter, cleveland wedges, Ben Hogan Blade irons fitted to my height/swing, and Callaway woods.

Zip 09-03-2009 05:16 AM

Well I finally got out on Tuesday. My round was nothing to write home about for sure. I guess I have an excuse. I haven't picked up a club in over 2 yrs. and they are all new to me.