Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   What We Are (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/874150-what-we-are.html)

SpringerPop 08-06-2009 08:06 PM

What We Are

One of the guys on here found a nice catch on Craig's list, but since he's a ways away, he asked me to go look at it for him.

The seller was completely unfamiliar with these trucks, but was selling some parts off an '05 six-oh that his father had rolled and totaled.

He asked me why I would drive down to look at some stuff for somebody hundreds of miles away, so I explained about how we sorta' take care of each other, and I was just "paying my insurance bill" that someone would come to my assistance someday if I ever needed it. He thought that was pretty neat, and then he said something that just blew me away after I thought about it.

He said:

"So, you guys are like a brotherhood!"

Pop

Excursion4X4 08-06-2009 08:08 PM

We are a "brotherhood" any time one of us is in need a whole gaggle will answer!!! I tried to give some Rep, but in jail. Nice pick Marv!!:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-drink:-jammin

Donny_D 08-06-2009 08:13 PM

thats awesome! FTE brotherhood i like it... its been said before and im sure it wont be the last. the folks that are on this forum are amazing! incredably helpful and very friendly:-drink

redfire42 08-06-2009 08:30 PM

People are so incredable on here they just drove 5-10-15 HOURS to meet in TN to help each other work on there trucks, almost like an FTE Family reuniun.

Sweet huh!!!!

Stewart_H 08-06-2009 08:44 PM

That IS cool, Marv!

The Brotherhood of FTE.

That'd make a great hoodie! :D

I can picture it now...semi-circle across the top back "Brotherhood Of FTE" with a couple SuperDuty rigs in profile below the words, and a persons forum name and PAA number below the rigs.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Stewart

Izzy351 08-06-2009 08:45 PM

Yep -- it's great, isn't it?

Oh, and don't forget the "Sisters"... :D

A few on here helped me out when I was 8000 miles from home. :-X22

mndiesel 08-06-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Excursion4X4 (Post 7802854)
We are a "brotherhood" any time one of us is in need a whole gaggle will answer!!! I tried to give some Rep, but in jail. Nice pick Marv!!:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-drink:-jammin

Dale I have your muffler, will be homw Sunday night late, We can work out a way for you to get it then. TTYL

Originally Posted by SpringerPop (Post 7802840)

"So, you guys are like a brotherhood!"

Pop

That says it all!!!!!!

Smokin' 08-06-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Izzy351 (Post 7803093)
Yep -- it's great, isn't it?

Oh, and don't forget the "Sisters"... :D

A few on here helped me out when I was 8000 miles from home. :-X22

Thanks Joe. :-X04

I too have received a helping hand, on more than one occasion.

bdrummonds 08-06-2009 08:50 PM

I am proud to call any of the fine folks around here my Brother or Sister. I have recieved, as well as given.

I remember what I have recieved, and forgotten what I have given.

RIP Jet

RIP Markadeck

BadDogPSD 08-06-2009 08:50 PM

Of all the sites, of all the forums, I like this one the best.:-X22:-X25

SpringerPop 08-06-2009 08:54 PM

Actually, I DID mention to the guy that "there's a buncha' sisters, too".

Wouldn't forget our distaff side.

Pop

Tenn01PSD350 08-06-2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by bdrummonds (Post 7803110)
RIP Jet

RIP Markadeck

Well put BD. I will be thinking of those guys this weekend. I sure miss them here. I will be sure to make a toast to their memory. Wish you could have made it too bro.

Stewart_H 08-06-2009 11:34 PM

BTW, just in case anyone is wondering, I located a 6.0L IC and trans cooler on Craigslist down in SoCal, about 6 hours south of me. I made a tentative deal with the seller to buy the two parts for $160 bucks, and PM'd Marv for help.

Marv lives about 25 minutes away from the guy so the next day (today), he went over to the sellers residence and checked out the parts for me. After he determined they were in good shape (they came off a truck that had been involved in a collision and had rolled over), he paid the guy with his own money for me.

You can see the thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ringerpop.html

Stewart

4inchlovin 08-07-2009 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350 (Post 7803742)
Well put BD. I will be thinking of those guys this weekend. I sure miss them here. I will be sure to make a toast to their memory. Wish you could have made it too bro.

Im sure Jet and Mark will be at RRE. Theres is NOTHING in this world that could keep them from being there. :-headbang
RIP Brothers: Lost but NEVER forgotten.

Well said Brandon and Mike

PaysonPSD 08-07-2009 12:50 AM

Nice post Marv. Reps to you Brother.

Even though I am old enough to be a grandfather to some of the younger members, and a father to quite a few more, I much prefer being considered a brother to all. :-wink

just another truck 08-07-2009 01:58 PM

Robin, If I was old enough, I would use that as my Signature quote!! But I think I could have only fathered a couple of them..

husker 08-07-2009 02:37 PM

I'm not on social security yet, but getting closer. This is a great bunch here that have helped me fix a number of things on my SD. That extends to a couple of other forums too. The folks over on the 48-60 have helped me too. Basically, this site is a great one.

N V US Lawn Care 08-07-2009 08:26 PM

I knew Pop wuz good people the whole time...we are such a lucky group of friends who really don't know each other outside of our blogging rants on FTE, but would be right there to give a helping hand if we were close enough...or just to have an excuse to drive our rigs somewhere new to show off...either way, i would order a gross of them hoodies...make 'em up...

Great thread, great story...

PaysonPSD 08-07-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by just another truck (Post 7805265)
Robin, If I was old enough, I would use that as my Signature quote!! But I think I could have only fathered a couple of them..

Watch out for paternity suits. :-arrgh

Originally Posted by husker (Post 7805373)
I'm not on social security yet, but getting closer. This is a great bunch here that have helped me fix a number of things on my SD. That extends to a couple of other forums too. The folks over on the 48-60 have helped me too. Basically, this site is a great one.

I am on Social Security. Thats what is paying for my Mods now. :-jammin

husker 08-07-2009 09:00 PM

Way to go Robin. I look forward to the day. I'll probably keep working just so I can double dip and buy more stuff. LOL

lucaslaw 08-07-2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 7803081)
That IS cool, Marv!

The Brotherhood of FTE.

That'd make a great hoodie! :D

I can picture it now...semi-circle across the top back "Brotherhood Of FTE" with a couple SuperDuty rigs in profile below the words, and a persons forum name and PAA number below the rigs.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Stewart

Can I use that for a rollin coal designs shirt? I used to have a tshirt company and decided to open another one, rollincoaldesigns.com, site is not up yet.

Kwikkordead 08-07-2009 11:09 PM

I only need to say this once.

:-X25

Stewart_H 08-07-2009 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by lucaslaw (Post 7806409)
Can I use that for a rollin coal designs shirt? I used to have a tshirt company and decided to open another one, rollincoaldesigns.com, site is not up yet.

Using FTE on a shirt at a for-profit company would probably upset the owners of this site.

They probably wouldn't mind if someone made one for personal use, but I'd bet a company trying to use the FTE name without their permission would cause a lot of problems.

Stewart

Stewart_H 08-07-2009 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kwikkordead (Post 7806764)
I only need to say this once.

I agree Dan, but it sure is worth repeating too!

;)

Stewart

sddesigns 08-07-2009 11:27 PM

I feel the same way, but I nearly got crucified for posting this in the Excursion Forum....I think only the people that knew what I was talking about saw it for what I was really trying to say.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ml#post7592243

Stewart_H 08-07-2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by sddesigns (Post 7806808)
I feel the same way, but I nearly got crucified for posting this in the Excursion Forum....I think only the people that knew what I was talking about saw it for what I was really trying to say.

:-huh :confused:

What thread are you talking about bro? I musta missed it. Who was giving you flak?

Stewart

WA.Ranger 08-08-2009 12:53 AM

Your all my Brothers! I'll take a sweatshirt! I don't think there would be a problem if he sold them for what he has into them for members? But hey, I don't run the site. I'll take one anyway though!:-innocent

sddesigns 08-08-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 7806837)
:-huh :confused:

What thread are you talking about bro? I musta missed it. Who was giving you flak?

Stewart

This one:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...yone-here.html

lucaslaw 08-08-2009 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stewart_H (Post 7806772)
Using FTE on a shirt at a for-profit company would probably upset the owners of this site.

They probably wouldn't mind if someone made one for personal use, but I'd bet a company trying to use the FTE name without their permission would cause a lot of problems.

Stewart

That's why I was asking, of course I wouldn't do that without permission in writing

megawatt00 08-14-2009 01:26 PM

This is one of the best thread that I have read in a while it is so true. When you have a bunch of grown men who are putting their sunglasses on in the shade to hide the "wet eyes" as we were saying bye for now at RRE that has to speak very loudly. I have said it before and will say it again. There is no one in our brotherhood that i would not welcome into my home if need be. You guys and gals have been there for me in ways that go above and beyond anything that I could ever imagined and for that I and J-L included will always be grateful.

Originally Posted by lucaslaw (Post 7807633)
That's why I was asking, of course I wouldn't do that without permission in writing

Give me a shout and we can draw up a desgn and I will talk to admin about it to see what they say. Also I have a couple of other things along those lines that I would like to talk to you about reguarding the RHN :-X22

ztodd377 11-08-2009 07:45 PM

Maybe that could be the next FTE shirt design. FTE Brotherhood. Or how about even a subsection shirt (FTE 7.3 Brotherhood)!

95_Dually 12-13-2009 12:40 AM

Any word on the brotherhood hoodies or stickers or whatever?

SGnAZ 12-13-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by 95_Dually (Post 8234769)
Any word on the brotherhood hoodies or stickers or whatever?

Count me in if it happens

FTrucker 12-13-2009 07:46 AM

Morning!

I see that when someones broke down he post's that's kinda cool.

I also belong to Steel Soldiers a website for military vehicle owners, they have although not updated recenlty a memeber locator map, just a general town or area, I didnt post a pin on my house, just the mearest big town to me. That may be handy for those who wish to help or need assitance. I met a guy in Sheyboygan who was super cool, and helpful.

FTrucker

bfife 12-13-2009 09:29 AM

Check out the Roadside Help Network. its a listing of 7.3 owners across the country willing and able to help a brother in need. Even if its only a cold beer and tow strap!

Barney

big poppa 12-13-2009 12:11 PM

Awesome thread Pop, can't add anything that everybody hasn't already said, just in awe of the togetherness of the folks here on FTE, nothing I wouldn't do to help out anybody here, truely a family and glad to be a part of it..

stagegrunt 04-25-2010 04:22 PM

I've always been a FORD guy damn near since birth. Though I work well with my hands I am no where close to being a mechanic. I keep having torturous events happen to me at my local dealership, events that have wrecked 2 family vacations and put their safety at risk, if they would only tell me the truth when I drop my truck off we would be ok. A man is only as good as his word!! PERIOD! I almost gave up on FORD this past week, you guys brought me back home. Thank You. Does anybody know of a good and honest 7.3 mechanic around the San Bernardino, CA area? I am going to see where Holtville is and check out John Wood. But if there is anyone in town any of you would recomend, I'm listening.

River19 04-25-2010 04:34 PM

That's a great post Springer, obviously as a complete newbie to this forum I am struck by the sense of comraderie you all share.

As I mentioned in one of my first posts, I have been very active on a hunting forum for years with a similar vibe as here, not that much bitching, and we all take care of each other around the country, sounds like a similar experience to this place.

This place rocks.......I have been reading for about 3 days straight.

SpringerPop 04-25-2010 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by stagegrunt (Post 8813409)
Does anybody know of a good and honest 7.3 mechanic around the San Bernardino, CA area? ........ if there is anyone in town any of you would recomend, I'm listening.

This is a question best asked in the SoCal/Hawaii local forum:
California, Southern Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

There's an awesome shop in South Orange County that many would recommend, but nothing in the Inland Empire for which I have any history.

Welcome to FTE!!

Pop

Stewart_H 04-25-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by stagegrunt (Post 8813409)
I am going to see where Holtville is and check out John Wood.

Just minutes east of El Centro.

I envy you living so close to JW's shop. If I lived that close, John would get tired of me coming over so much and would start charging me rent! ;)

Stewart