Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   What We Are (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/874150-what-we-are.html)

ztodd377 11-08-2009 07:45 PM

Maybe that could be the next FTE shirt design. FTE Brotherhood. Or how about even a subsection shirt (FTE 7.3 Brotherhood)!

95_Dually 12-13-2009 12:40 AM

Any word on the brotherhood hoodies or stickers or whatever?

SGnAZ 12-13-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by 95_Dually (Post 8234769)
Any word on the brotherhood hoodies or stickers or whatever?

Count me in if it happens

FTrucker 12-13-2009 07:46 AM

Morning!

I see that when someones broke down he post's that's kinda cool.

I also belong to Steel Soldiers a website for military vehicle owners, they have although not updated recenlty a memeber locator map, just a general town or area, I didnt post a pin on my house, just the mearest big town to me. That may be handy for those who wish to help or need assitance. I met a guy in Sheyboygan who was super cool, and helpful.

FTrucker

bfife 12-13-2009 09:29 AM

Check out the Roadside Help Network. its a listing of 7.3 owners across the country willing and able to help a brother in need. Even if its only a cold beer and tow strap!

Barney

big poppa 12-13-2009 12:11 PM

Awesome thread Pop, can't add anything that everybody hasn't already said, just in awe of the togetherness of the folks here on FTE, nothing I wouldn't do to help out anybody here, truely a family and glad to be a part of it..

stagegrunt 04-25-2010 04:22 PM

I've always been a FORD guy damn near since birth. Though I work well with my hands I am no where close to being a mechanic. I keep having torturous events happen to me at my local dealership, events that have wrecked 2 family vacations and put their safety at risk, if they would only tell me the truth when I drop my truck off we would be ok. A man is only as good as his word!! PERIOD! I almost gave up on FORD this past week, you guys brought me back home. Thank You. Does anybody know of a good and honest 7.3 mechanic around the San Bernardino, CA area? I am going to see where Holtville is and check out John Wood. But if there is anyone in town any of you would recomend, I'm listening.

River19 04-25-2010 04:34 PM

That's a great post Springer, obviously as a complete newbie to this forum I am struck by the sense of comraderie you all share.

As I mentioned in one of my first posts, I have been very active on a hunting forum for years with a similar vibe as here, not that much bitching, and we all take care of each other around the country, sounds like a similar experience to this place.

This place rocks.......I have been reading for about 3 days straight.

SpringerPop 04-25-2010 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by stagegrunt (Post 8813409)
Does anybody know of a good and honest 7.3 mechanic around the San Bernardino, CA area? ........ if there is anyone in town any of you would recomend, I'm listening.

This is a question best asked in the SoCal/Hawaii local forum:
California, Southern Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

There's an awesome shop in South Orange County that many would recommend, but nothing in the Inland Empire for which I have any history.

Welcome to FTE!!

Pop

Stewart_H 04-25-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by stagegrunt (Post 8813409)
I am going to see where Holtville is and check out John Wood.

Just minutes east of El Centro.

I envy you living so close to JW's shop. If I lived that close, John would get tired of me coming over so much and would start charging me rent! ;)

Stewart

frdf250 04-25-2010 07:33 PM

hahahh ahhhh damn right pop. thats pretty neat.

and x2 on the hoodies.

stagegrunt 04-25-2010 07:36 PM

If JW's as good as you say he is, it will a pleasure giving him my money, well maybe not a pleasure. I just want piece of mind not a piece of sh#t.

spilote 05-18-2010 09:24 PM

RIP DAD (MARKADECK)
Like to sneak up on your posts/threads and try and stay partly in the loop.
happy spring to all the Brotherhood/ Sisterhood

Truck now has 225k, running stong. Anyone ever in the area PLEASE give us a shout!!!

SpringerPop 05-18-2010 09:50 PM

Thanks for checking in with us. Always good to hear from you guys.

Your dad was very-well loved here, and is remembered for his knowledge and wisdom. He was one of the pillars of our group, and he is remembered frequently.

Again, thanks for the update on his "ride"!

Pop

clintusaf 05-18-2010 09:59 PM

I gotta say, i really like the people here. In the short time ive been here, /ive got lots of great advice and been walked through problems that would have cost me an arm and a leg. Just a different breed of people willing to help each other out.

There is one exception though. Try going to the V10 vs PSD thread and spouting your 2 cents for the PSD. I just stirred up the crowd over there. LOL!!