Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   What We Are (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/874150-what-we-are.html)

SpringerPop 08-06-2009 08:06 PM

What We Are

One of the guys on here found a nice catch on Craig's list, but since he's a ways away, he asked me to go look at it for him.

The seller was completely unfamiliar with these trucks, but was selling some parts off an '05 six-oh that his father had rolled and totaled.

He asked me why I would drive down to look at some stuff for somebody hundreds of miles away, so I explained about how we sorta' take care of each other, and I was just "paying my insurance bill" that someone would come to my assistance someday if I ever needed it. He thought that was pretty neat, and then he said something that just blew me away after I thought about it.

He said:

"So, you guys are like a brotherhood!"

Pop

Excursion4X4 08-06-2009 08:08 PM

We are a "brotherhood" any time one of us is in need a whole gaggle will answer!!! I tried to give some Rep, but in jail. Nice pick Marv!!:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-drink:-jammin

Donny_D 08-06-2009 08:13 PM

thats awesome! FTE brotherhood i like it... its been said before and im sure it wont be the last. the folks that are on this forum are amazing! incredably helpful and very friendly:-drink

redfire42 08-06-2009 08:30 PM

People are so incredable on here they just drove 5-10-15 HOURS to meet in TN to help each other work on there trucks, almost like an FTE Family reuniun.

Sweet huh!!!!

Stewart_H 08-06-2009 08:44 PM

That IS cool, Marv!

The Brotherhood of FTE.

That'd make a great hoodie! :D

I can picture it now...semi-circle across the top back "Brotherhood Of FTE" with a couple SuperDuty rigs in profile below the words, and a persons forum name and PAA number below the rigs.

Thanks again for helping me out!

Stewart

Izzy351 08-06-2009 08:45 PM

Yep -- it's great, isn't it?

Oh, and don't forget the "Sisters"... :D

A few on here helped me out when I was 8000 miles from home. :-X22

mndiesel 08-06-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Excursion4X4 (Post 7802854)
We are a "brotherhood" any time one of us is in need a whole gaggle will answer!!! I tried to give some Rep, but in jail. Nice pick Marv!!:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-bigparty:-drink:-jammin

Dale I have your muffler, will be homw Sunday night late, We can work out a way for you to get it then. TTYL

Originally Posted by SpringerPop (Post 7802840)

"So, you guys are like a brotherhood!"

Pop

That says it all!!!!!!

Smokin' 08-06-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Izzy351 (Post 7803093)
Yep -- it's great, isn't it?

Oh, and don't forget the "Sisters"... :D

A few on here helped me out when I was 8000 miles from home. :-X22

Thanks Joe. :-X04

I too have received a helping hand, on more than one occasion.

bdrummonds 08-06-2009 08:50 PM

I am proud to call any of the fine folks around here my Brother or Sister. I have recieved, as well as given.

I remember what I have recieved, and forgotten what I have given.

RIP Jet

RIP Markadeck

BadDogPSD 08-06-2009 08:50 PM

Of all the sites, of all the forums, I like this one the best.:-X22:-X25

SpringerPop 08-06-2009 08:54 PM

Actually, I DID mention to the guy that "there's a buncha' sisters, too".

Wouldn't forget our distaff side.

Pop

Tenn01PSD350 08-06-2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by bdrummonds (Post 7803110)
RIP Jet

RIP Markadeck

Well put BD. I will be thinking of those guys this weekend. I sure miss them here. I will be sure to make a toast to their memory. Wish you could have made it too bro.

Stewart_H 08-06-2009 11:34 PM

BTW, just in case anyone is wondering, I located a 6.0L IC and trans cooler on Craigslist down in SoCal, about 6 hours south of me. I made a tentative deal with the seller to buy the two parts for $160 bucks, and PM'd Marv for help.

Marv lives about 25 minutes away from the guy so the next day (today), he went over to the sellers residence and checked out the parts for me. After he determined they were in good shape (they came off a truck that had been involved in a collision and had rolled over), he paid the guy with his own money for me.

You can see the thread here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ringerpop.html

Stewart

4inchlovin 08-07-2009 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350 (Post 7803742)
Well put BD. I will be thinking of those guys this weekend. I sure miss them here. I will be sure to make a toast to their memory. Wish you could have made it too bro.

Im sure Jet and Mark will be at RRE. Theres is NOTHING in this world that could keep them from being there. :-headbang
RIP Brothers: Lost but NEVER forgotten.

Well said Brandon and Mike

PaysonPSD 08-07-2009 12:50 AM

Nice post Marv. Reps to you Brother.

Even though I am old enough to be a grandfather to some of the younger members, and a father to quite a few more, I much prefer being considered a brother to all. :-wink