Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Large Truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum232/)
-   -   Welcome! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/872979-welcome.html)

BigF350 08-02-2009 07:40 PM

Welcome!

Welcome to the newest forum on FTE!
Dedicated purely to all trucks ford produced that were 2+ ton rated.
It covers everything from an early COE, to the Big Jobs, to the Louisville OTR's, to a SuperCruzr

We have recieved a number of requests for this forum, and we will conduct a 3month trial, if people seem to like it (and use it :) ) we will keep it as is, and incorporate any suggestions you might have to improve it.
If you don't like (or don't use it!), we will move all the posts back to their relevant regular forum and delete the forum :-drink

Adrian

jmadsen 08-03-2009 11:26 AM

I thinks it's a great Idea, although I wonder how many posts we will get in here from the newer models, I dont know say 70's or 80's on up?? I would think maybe it should be split into 2 groups maybe 1960 and older and 61 and newer?? just a thought but maybe see what happens in a few weeks.

Also I forget is a 52 F-6 a two ton or 1 1/2 ton??
Why not include the 1 1/2 tons also like anything bigger than a F-350, F-4's etc just thoughts. I'm sure you will be getting lots of feedback and ideas on this as well, so who knows.

Thanks

Josh

krewat 08-03-2009 12:38 PM

WELCOME all to the new "large truck" section :-X22

havi 08-03-2009 01:28 PM

I'm game!!

grm61 08-03-2009 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by jmadsen (Post 7790095)
I thinks it's a great Idea, although I wonder how many posts we will get in here from the newer models, I dont know say 70's or 80's on up?? I would think maybe it should be split into 2 groups maybe 1960 and older and 61 and newer?? just a thought but maybe see what happens in a few weeks.

Josh

I personaly would not like it split.
Not enough big trucks as it is.
I think there is one other big truck on the 61-66 forum.
Should include F500 on up.

Greg

BigF350 08-03-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Krewat (Post 7790301)
WELCOME all to the new "large truck" section :-X22

I forgot to mention, we have everybodies favourite Super Duty moderator in here pulling rank :-X21

Monster-4 08-03-2009 02:01 PM

Cool! I've had a few question on these trucks over the years so I'm glad there is a dedicated forum now.

krewat 08-03-2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by grm61 (Post 7790486)
I personaly would not like it split.
Not enough big trucks as it is.
I think there is one other big truck on the 61-66 forum.
Should include F500 on up.

Greg

We've had a lot of requests for this type of forum. There is a LOT of traffic in the Superduty/Heavy-duty forum, and there is no good place for the larger trucks from earlier years, so I think this is a great thing for everyone.

If anyone has suggestions for a Tech folder, or would like to get a member-introduction thread going, please let us know.

jmadsen 08-03-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krewat (Post 7790699)
We've had a lot of requests for this type of forum. There is a LOT of traffic in the Superduty/Heavy-duty forum, and there is no good place for the larger trucks from earlier years, so I think this is a great thing for everyone.

If anyone has suggestions for a Tech folder, or would like to get a member-introduction thread going, please let us know.

I know a lot of people have put some good info and links etc etc in specific post's so maybe in time we can have a sticky with everything right up on top.

for example I needed a new master cylinder for my 52 F6 and found one locally from Page Brake Wharehouse for $75 and it was made in the USA too. :)
Here is the their website, great people to do business with.
http://www.pagebrake.com/locations/pbcompany.htm

Josh

krewat 08-03-2009 03:01 PM

I also think this forum is a good idea because on the heavy-duty trucks, there are certain things that carry through the years, like air-brakes and other stuff, that are not specific to any particular year or body style.

Like Trico-Folberth air-pressure wiper motors, Which I will be starting a thread about in the next day or two.

C-700 08-03-2009 03:27 PM

I will be here often, Thanks

Vijay 08-04-2009 03:10 PM

This is very good move...I like the older trucks, manual trans, no push here n there culture, just pure enjoyment driving these things...

51MHF5 08-04-2009 08:32 PM

I also question your cut off point. My F5 is considered a 2 ton in Canada. I don't share much with the F1 and F2 models. 95% of the info I need I get from the big truck guys. And because of my Marmon- Herrington conversion my payload is around 5 tons. You really should base it on tire size. I use the same rubber as the big trucks, why? Because they consider us a big truck. They are set up for light trucks and commercial trucks. And while I'm whining why don't you guys fix your Profile choices to include F4, F5's etc. instead of making us use F450, F550 etc.. That's like a 2 minute fix for the webmaster, because the way it is set up now kinda says "we don't really care what you drive".

Cheers

BigF350 08-09-2009 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by 51MHF5 (Post 7796081)
I also question your cut off point. My F5 is considered a 2 ton in Canada.

An F5 is a 2ton (as far as I am aware), and would be included in this forum

And while I'm whining why don't you guys fix your Profile choices to include F4, F5's etc. instead of making us use F450, F550 etc.. That's like a 2 minute fix for the webmaster, because the way it is set up now kinda says "we don't really care what you drive".
That is a listing from a database we don't have access to.
We purchased the most complete listing we could - we are working on improving it.

Thanks,
Adrian

wmjoe1953 08-10-2009 12:43 AM

I just noticed this, and all I can say....IT'S ABOUT DANGED TIME WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't split it up. Believe it or not, a LOT of stuff is the same from the 60's all the way through to the 90's. A tech album would be great. I have a generic air brake schematic that I will be glad to post. A member check in would be great. Allows us to know how many "Big Truck" owners we really have. This section should be perfect for ALL F-5/500/550, and larger trucks, since that has always been the 2 ton cut off. The F-450 is a ton and a half rated rig, and can stay with the F-350's same as the old F-4.