Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum28/)
-   -   MAP sensor location (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/870636-map-sensor-location.html)

frankyford 07-25-2009 01:35 PM

MAP sensor location

Does anyone know where the MAP sensor is on a 95 F150 302 auto. Thanks

EPNCSU2006 07-25-2009 02:40 PM

It may not have one if it uses a MAF sensor. If there is a MAP sensor it will be mounted to the firewall, just to the passenger side of the engine. If there is both a MAP and MAF, the MAP sensor will not have a vacuum line -- it will be open to atmosphere to measure barometric pressure.

frankyford 07-25-2009 03:18 PM

I have a MAF sensor I know for sure, if I have both do you where the MAP sensor would be. Thanks

Conanski 07-25-2009 05:00 PM

It won't have both, MAF trucks do not have one.. that's a 100% certainty.

frankyford 07-25-2009 05:04 PM

Okay, I just sprayed electrical cleaner on the MAF sensor to see if that helps, but it didn't. I pulled a code 72 which is insufficient MAF/MAP change during dynamic test.So I guess I'll have to buy a new MAF sensor. thanks

EPNCSU2006 07-25-2009 09:22 PM

That code comes from the operator not giving the throttle a stab after the "goose" flash of the check engine light.

On an unrelated subject, is there anyway we can consolidate some of these threads? A suggestion is located in one thread, then the result of the suggested action is in another, making it a little hard to follow.

frankyford 07-26-2009 08:00 AM

I understand what you mean, I just figured asking a different question would require a different thread. Different people answer different questions and may not look in certain threads Sorry for the confusion

EPNCSU2006 07-26-2009 10:39 AM

It's not a big deal, I just thought it might be easier to follow the progression of checks and parts replaced if it were all laid out together chronologically. Since threads get sorted based on the time of the latest response, the timing of events can get out of order pretty easily.

Regardless, I hope that this place has helped you make at least a little progress on fixing your truck!

frankyford 07-26-2009 05:08 PM

Everyone has really helped out, but unfornately I haven't pinned down a cause for it running the way it is. I repulled the codes off the old PCM(I went back and got it) and got 33, 32, 45, 38( idle tracking switch signal intermitent), 53, 66. Do ya'll know if the air diverter valve goes bad can it cause the engine to run rich. Also can the voltage regulator going bad send to much voltage and not enough voltage to the sensors. I'm trying to narrow it down between the 2. thanks, I'll have to check my other threads, I think Conaski answered that last question. I can't remember

EPNCSU2006 07-26-2009 08:49 PM

If the diverter valve is routing the air injection to the cylinder heads while the computer is running in closed loop, then yes, it would cause a rich mixture due to the additional O2 in the exhaust stream.