Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nova Scotia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum121/)
-   -   Whats everyone working on (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/867380-whats-everyone-working-on.html)

northeaster79 07-13-2009 02:04 PM

Whats everyone working on

seems like everyone is busy these days,I guess I'm no exception,but is anyone working on there ford trucks?
I finally got back to my 78 last night.didn't spend alot of time on it,but I did come to the decision that its not going to get painted before I drive it this year.I wanted to have it all done before it saw the street,but I drove it all last summer with faded paint and semi-rusty wheels.
I got my front tires mounted on the steel wheels I had powder coated over the winter today,and I will be getting my bumpers sand blasted and painted this week,and then it will have the rest of the small stuff bolted back on and driven until the fall.
I just can't let it sit in the garage any longer,neglected.
plus I figure if I drive it a little I'll get more incentive to do a little more to it.

Fomoko1 07-18-2009 12:31 AM

Lately I`ve been working on what ever breaks down.....LOL!
No special project on the go though I`ve got few that I should be working on. I bought an old but very mint 1978 350 Honda Xl, I just finished buying new tires and a chain for it.

northeaster79 07-20-2009 08:41 AM

I still didn't get much done on the 78,going to try and get back at it tonight after supper,I am going to have to replace the gas tank on the 95,seems to have sprung a leak under the ps strap.
and I may have found myslef another ford jewel.
a 1996 bronco XLT.351/auto.loaded,good and solid,but in need of alot of tlc.
I have had my eye on this thing for awhile now,and he wouldn't sell it,but I got word saturday that he was selling of everything,and cheap.so, I may be in luck.

Fomoko1 07-20-2009 10:51 AM

The Bronco is a neat vehicle, I`ve always liked them but never had one. Can`t beat cheap, hope it happens for you.
I bought a mint 1978 Honda 350XL except for the weather checked tires. I replaced them with new ones, just have to replace the drive chain. I brought in the old one with me and they still gave me the wrong one.......:-banghead

northeaster79 07-20-2009 11:16 AM

I looked at alot of them over the years and never really found one that I liked or in good enough shape to bother with,except one from down south but the price was high,but this one I know is solid,good floor and frame,just needs to be done over.what are you going to do with the 350xl?where did you buy the chain from?I was actually working on a friends street and trail yestarday,he put on a new front tire and couldn't get his speedo working after that.

northeaster79 07-23-2009 08:56 AM

well I had my 78 running again last night,reset the timming and tied up a few loose ends,not too sure the neighbors are too pleased.the 40 series flowmaster really bark in the garage at 10 pm.electric choke is all hooked up and working as it should.just have to put some loom over the wires,tie a few things up and put the lights and hood back on its ready for a test flight.

Fomoko1 07-23-2009 09:33 AM

Yesterday I spotted a real nice yellow mid 70`s Bronco.
I got the 350XL to ride here on my farm and there are other places to ride nearby. I was sold the wrong chain, I need #530 and they sold me #520....
If the speedo doesn`t work check to make sure the cable is in correctly in the wheel hub.
As for barking Flow masters, that sounds great to me! :-X20

northeaster79 07-23-2009 09:41 AM

yes I was wondering where you bought your chain from.yes the smaller broncos are sharp,not too sure I'd want one for everyday driving.
the speedo is working again,there is a plastic collar with two tabs on it that goes into the speedo picup and inside the wheel,when he put the rim back on he broke the tabs off,I took it apart for him to find that,he glued it back together and figured it would hold,despite what I told him hahaha.he went to the dealer the next day and bought a new one.
the barking flowmasters sounded good to me too,the wife must have a agreed cause I never saw her standing behind me and got startled and let the fan blade hit my arm,not sure what made me jump higher.

portagoosey 07-23-2009 12:58 PM

Hi, this Tim with the 1962 F250. I said before the ring and pinion are out in the front differential and I found out that an outfit down in Sacramento, Ca. has the ring and pinion for $147.00 and they want $360.00 labor to install it. I may later tackle the job myself, just don't know right now. See ya.

northeaster79 07-23-2009 01:39 PM

welcome portagoosy,thats doesn't sound like a bad deal on the gears or the labor,I'm going to guess your truck has a high pinion dana 44 in it.I would say unless you really know what your doing i would leave it to someone who does,you can get into a fair bit of work doing a job like that,and if you don't have the right tools it makes it a little harder.but good luck with it either way.

Fomoko1 07-23-2009 09:30 PM

This was a full size Bronco, I`m not that big a big fan of the Bronco II`s either.
Hope you`re ok, hitting the fan blade sounds painful.

northeaster79 07-24-2009 10:27 AM

hahaha the fan blade just cought me,there was some jumping and choice words,but no blood.could have been messy.