Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   Another member in need of our thoughts and prayers (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/865095-another-member-in-need-of-our-thoughts-and-prayers.html)

1996pwrstrk 07-05-2009 10:02 AM

Another member in need of our thoughts and prayers

Most of you probably will not remember Albert (brassyzim ) and his wife Linda they came to a March GTG at the senior center in Vilonia right after Albert joined us. Not long after that it was discovered that Linda had bone cancer and has been fighting it eversince , she has had a terible time with all of the treatments making her ill in many other ways,thats why we have not seen them. This past Thursday Linda went to the hospital for some test's and she was found to have double pnemonia then had a bad reaction to some meds and her bloodpressure dropped so low that the machine she was hooked to wouldn't read it and out she went ,she was unrespouncive ,they put a tube in to keep her breathing on a machine - scary stuff. She has since regained consenceness but is not out of the woods by along shot. I worked with Albert for 3 yrs he and his wife are good people please keep them in your thoughts and prayers .

mechmagcn 07-05-2009 03:49 PM

Prayers said!
Most folks can't fathom what it is like to battle this disease and all of the complications and setbacks that come with treatment. This is my second time around, my Dad 7 years ago and Donna now, so I can relate to what they are going through.
Hang in there, and never give up.
Jeff & Donna

tojoski 07-05-2009 09:04 PM

Thanks for letting us know Dave. They'll be in our prayers as well.

Its pretty grim in the Arkansas Chapter these days...

cookie88 07-09-2009 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Hang in there, and never give up.

Better advice can not be given. :-X22

1996pwrstrk 07-12-2009 01:44 PM

An update : Linda is still in ICU and under sedation while they treat her new found problems with her lungs . Will let you know more when I hear more.

tin-man 07-12-2009 11:41 PM

Hey Ala and friend's, yea Dave I will be praying for them too!!

1996pwrstrk 08-14-2009 01:40 PM

Keep Al in our thoughts and prayers

Al's wife Linda went into respiratory arrest early this morning they rushed her back to the hospital and she died a short time later. At this time I have no info about the arrangements as soon as I do I will let you all know.

mechmagcn 08-14-2009 02:16 PM

No! Oh I am so sorry to hear this. We were hoping that she was on the road to recovery.
My condolences on the loss of your wife, if there is anything that we can do to help you, please ask.
Jeff & Donna

npccpartsman 08-14-2009 03:04 PM

Our condolences also. It's a terrible disease but more and more people are winning it every day.

Donna--Hang in there. It can be beaten. You know this and you'll beat it again. Terri beat it after losing her mom to it many years ago. We say prayers for yall every day.

Tim and Terri

tojoski 08-14-2009 08:19 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, thanks for keeping us in the loop Dave.

Let us know when you find out the arrangements

tin-man 08-14-2009 10:34 PM

Wow, one minute you're here and gone the next!! You never know!!

Thank's for keeping us informed Dave and I'll keep the family in prayer.