Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   July BS thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/864934-july-bs-thread.html)

kermmydog 07-16-2009 10:55 AM

Man, Jeff that makes owning a 460 almost an economy truck. The government should give you the $3500 rebate without trading in your truck.

Michelle,
We are planning on going to the races on Saturday. What # car are we to cheer & what class?

Good morning Nevada. I guess summer has arrived, we were in the low 100s yesterday.

racerchick21 07-16-2009 08:19 PM

Great! I will keep an eye out for you guys. Car #21x in the pro-stock class. If you scroll down to the '2009 Racing Season' thread there's a picture of it. Larry just told me it has a wing on the back now to but I haven't seen it yet.

jr32560 07-17-2009 06:01 AM

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...ays/COFFEE.jpg

jarod17 07-17-2009 03:52 PM

Aced todays test8D

BTW, we will have some new members soon. I do not get much time at the moment to get online.

kermmydog 07-17-2009 08:05 PM

Jeff, congrats on your tests.

Michelle, We'll keep our eyes open for you also. If some crazy guy is up in the stands screaming for 21X you'll know its me.
We hope to get there at about 5pm, we are going to a family reunion in Reno about 9:30am & plan to leave around 3pm.

Craig

jarod17 07-18-2009 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by jr32560 (Post 7728668)

I feel that way this morning. How is everything in Nevada today?

We have two new members. DryHeatDude03 and V-Lo:-wink

For some reason the server is not processing their acceptance:-banghead I will contact higher and find out why.

kermmydog 07-20-2009 09:41 PM

Michelle,
We stayed until we saw that Larry wasn't in the main & we left. Boy they sure drag out the races. Water TOO much. We use to go to races at Mohave Speedway in Fort Mohave AZ & they would run a show with more cars as many classes in about 3 hours. If the drivers didn't pay attention & gather up they black flagged them.
But as for Northern Nevada racing Fallon does a pretty good job. I guess we got use to Southern Nevada / Northern Arizona tracks. Much different than up here. I never saw an IMCA race with were two cars slam into each other until I came back up here.
Anyway, we are going to use our tickets & enjoy the nice lawn & great people we met.
We are going to Lovelock this Saturday to see how they are doing. We supported that track last year. We own three blocks in turn two. We sponsored a car last year there. So it will be interesting to see how that track is this year. I see they laid out there track almost the same as Fallon.
Are you guys racing in Lovelock next weekend? It is the big Frontier Days two day race.
Thanks for your phone call Saturday night. We really wanted to see Larry race. I had a feeling he was going to kick butt in the Main Event. But next time.
Craig

racerchick21 07-20-2009 10:35 PM

Yeah, the 15 minutes of mudpack overheated the car and the water pump gaskets blew out, we had an extra set but the casing was scored so we couldn't fix it.

I know what you mean, I grew up at Ventura Speedway, it's totally different than the racing up here. " Rubbin' is racin' " so they say!! Don't go when they have the mud boggs! Talk about delays. But it's not too bad for all volunteers. My uncle races at Mojave. Larry said something about Lovelock or maybe Tonopah next weekend, they're paying $1000 to win. I'll let you know if they're at Lovelock. I'm going to Donner Lake with the girls next weekend.

Thanks for coming!!

kermmydog 07-20-2009 11:20 PM

Is Lovelock or Tonopah paying $1000? I have been to Tonopah a few times. They ran a pretty good race. They use to get Pahrump & Las Vegas drivers. The Jim Butler race in May use to pay real good. I believe one year Tonopah paid like $3000 for what was late model class, much like the pro stocks now. There were no IMCAs back then racing these smaller Nevada tracks, like today, to my memory. But it has been 15 or 20 years since I was there for a race. I do know that when we lived in Pahrump 99-05 that a few guys traveled regularly to Tonopah. If I remember correct Tonopah was the off weeks of Pahrump. Kind of like Lovelock & Fallon.
Glad I'm not the only one that sees the racing up north here as being different. Much less organized. But at least there is racing. I know that the volunteers that work these races do work hard & do the best they can. Also I know the clubs that do these races have a lot of disagreements within their ranks, so it makes things even harder.
Craig

racerchick21 07-21-2009 07:46 AM

Boy are you right about the club thing, it's like Peyton Place sometimes! It's Tonopah that's paying $1000, but it's a $150 entry fee as compared to the normal $35, so he doesn't know if it's worth it with the trouble he's been having with the car all season.

kermmydog 07-21-2009 11:54 AM

The last time I was at Tonopah it was a pretty much flat track, so I would imagine the set-up would be much different, compared to Fallon & Lovelock which have steep curves. Now, Tonopah may of changed But if my memory is correct the Southern tracks aren't as banked as the Northern tracks & are a little longer in distance.
Craig

kermmydog 07-21-2009 12:00 PM

Good morning Nevada.
Hey for those of you that think it is TOO HOT up in Gods Country. I have gone on the Arizona board & requested that Bill W get up here & take this heat back to Arizona were he seems to love it.
How about a a few of us who can pass on the 100 plus heat go on their board & also request Bill to get up here & take this heat back. Plus it would be nice to invade them since they took over our board at my request sometime ago. Some of you guys from Las Vegas know those guys, there a great group.

Craig

DryHeatDude03 07-22-2009 12:11 AM

I'm all for Bill at least taking back his monsoon,,, The humidity about wiped me out on the rooftops today,, I'm getting to old for this ,,,:-X18

SteveBricks 07-22-2009 01:27 PM

If he's unwilling to take it back you may have to change your handle to WetHeatDude03.

On second thought, that might not be the best idea.......

kermmydog 07-23-2009 12:25 AM

We were 109 degrees today with plenty of humidity. I live in farm country with irrigation canals all over.
That is way TOO HOT to suit me. 90s is great.