Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Ziebart's Rust-Proofing? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/863230-ziebarts-rust-proofing.html)

Pinky Demon 06-28-2009 02:01 AM

Ziebart's Rust-Proofing?

I was thinking of taking my truck there to get some serious undercoating done as I use my 250 for plowing. I did some searches on Google and have heard some good stuff and some bad. For instance, they drill holes in panel to shoot the stuff in. Now I'm not crazy about that, but I figure people here are pretty knowledgeable, so has anyone had it done?

Monsta 06-28-2009 04:21 AM

My Excursion is Ziebarted. While they may have drilled holes, they plugged them very well. I don't see where that would be come and issue later down the road.

I've had all the door panels off and they did a very good job. The undercarriage looks like new even after 4 years and 72K miles.

My local dealer does all of the new cars he sells. He adds $495 to the bottom line for it. Not sure what it costs to have it done but given your intended use, I would recommend it.

senix 06-28-2009 06:11 AM

I had a jeep cj7 last year they made them with that. came from the factory dipped in the stuff. was really good over in germany.

Pinky Demon 06-28-2009 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Monsta (Post 7655448)
My Excursion is Ziebarted. While they may have drilled holes, they plugged them very well. I don't see where that would be come and issue later down the road.

I've had all the door panels off and they did a very good job. The undercarriage looks like new even after 4 years and 72K miles.

My local dealer does all of the new cars he sells. He adds $495 to the bottom line for it. Not sure what it costs to have it done but given your intended use, I would recommend it.

Here's my problem though. Mine is an 02 with quite a bit of rust on it already.

dstig1 06-28-2009 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Monsta (Post 7655448)

Dude...You live in Hawaii....No disrespect, but were you expecting corrosion in the tropics? C'mon up the Twin Cities Rustbelt way and we'll talk.

BTW I have no opinion on Ziebart. Never used them so far,but I am curious.

function12 06-29-2009 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by dstig1 (Post 7658571)
Dude...You live in Hawaii....No disrespect, but were you expecting corrosion in the tropics? C'mon up the Twin Cities Rustbelt way and we'll talk.

BTW I have no opinion on Ziebart. Never used them so far,but I am curious.

He has salt in the air every day of the year. Trust me I lived by the beach (2 miles away) and you could touch a piece of metal and a few weeks later you could see a rusted finger print.