Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.2L V8 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum206/)
-   -   Thanks to Ford for picking up the ball (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/856547-thanks-to-ford-for-picking-up-the-ball.html)

Chris-NJ 06-03-2009 12:00 PM

Thanks to Ford for picking up the ball

Newbie here, current owner of (2) GM 6.2 Denali's, one pick-up, one Yukon XL. With GM owned by the goverment and the UAW, I am switching to the dark side (just kidding). I will not give them any more money than I already do. I have owned GM trucks for 20+ years, mostly because they always had the largest engines avail. Thanks to Ford for building a large gas in a 150. It's about darn time! About 400+ ft-lbs is what I need, and it sounds like the new 6.2 will do it. Mine GM-6.2 currently has 417 at around 3500rpm, mated to a 6sp, it works well. I loved GM's 8.1 but it is DOA.
I will be replacing the Yukon XL next summer, so I hope this 6.2 makes it into the Expedition by then, and will be replacing my Sierra Denali about a year after that and can only assume that I will be able to get it in some kind of 150.
Thanks again Ford! Stay away from the feds at all cost and you will have a new large following. AND build us the biggest engines you can for our trucks, we will buy them.

Ryan50hrl 06-04-2009 01:33 PM

Welcome aboard....you'll finally get to see what you've been missing all these years....LOL...

Chris-NJ 06-05-2009 08:15 AM

Thanks Ryan, but I'm not there yet. Ford has to build it first and stay away from government money. It's going to be tough to do, but I hope they understand and believe that if they build what we want (and not what the feds want them to build), that we will buy them. My Sierra Denali with the 6.2 is downright fabulous, for me. Ford's 5.4 has been their downfall, again, for me.
If Ford can build big SUV's and pickups in 1/2 ton rides, with big gas engines (or responsive diesels), then they will take a huge market share from GM.

Raider50 06-05-2009 08:02 PM

i dont think you have to worry about ford taking government money. If they didnt take the bailout they arnt going crawling back later. Plus ford is banking on people like you chris, because ford is currenty offering extra insentives for orphened dealerships to swich over to ford for the predicted large jump in sales in the near future. glad you have switched over and have found the site.

Outpost22 11-20-2009 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Chris-NJ (Post 7577267)
Ford has to build it first and stay away from government money.

Just to clear things up, it's not government money, it's OUR money. They (the gov) only has what they take from us. :-X01

tseekins 12-27-2009 01:32 PM

Gentlemen, it certainly is your right to feel that way but remember that we have soldiers and sailors in harms way preserving your rights and freedoms.

Asd for the 6.2L, I can't wait to see what kind of MPG's it gets in the SD.

Tim

Raider50 12-27-2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by tseekins (Post 8285576)
Gentlemen, it certainly is your right to feel that way but remember that we have soldiers and sailors in harms way preserving your rights and freedoms.

Asd for the 6.2L, I can't wait to see what kind of MPG's it gets in the SD.

Tim

I have nothing but respect and admiration for the armed service men and women of this country. But there are numerous other aspects of the government that are out right ridiculous. I do not like the government as is it today not what it was or what its core values are. It just seems that it is much worse today that it has been before.

I am excited to see what the 6.2 dose altogether, i am hoping it has a lot of potential for even more power.