Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   South Dakota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum222/)
-   -   JUNE South Dakota BS/Chat Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/855927-june-south-dakota-bs-chat-thread.html)

RedUgly77 06-01-2009 10:10 AM

JUNE South Dakota BS/Chat Thread

Well, Well... our friendly neighbors up North must be sleeping in today! Takes a Nebraskan to get this party started for the month of June! }>

Well feel free to start posting yoru BS/Chat for the next 30 days!

Good Morning South Dakota!

http://www.dakotaradiogroup.com/myda...sheadlines.jpg
Lottery excitement spreads westward, into Todd Co.

MISSION — Excitement surrounding a $232 million jackpot spread from Winner westward Friday, igniting the town of Mission with speculation about the identity of the winning ticketholder.
Thursday morning, the South Dakota Lottery office announced that the winning ticket had been sold at a store in Winner, but the office did not release the name of the ticketholder. Friday morning, speculation began anew, and by Friday afternoon, rumors abounded about the possible winner.

cowboywanabe 06-01-2009 11:21 AM

Hey all, welcome to June!

1979 Ford 06-02-2009 06:04 PM

I would have lots of fun if I won the lottery. But I would have to play it first. That is not going to happen.

cowboywanabe 06-05-2009 09:29 AM

Happy Friday everyone!

RedUgly77 06-05-2009 11:24 AM

Happy Friday to North Nebraska Husker Fans! ;) (right Rob?)

cowboywanabe 06-05-2009 03:02 PM

And the winner from Winner is:

By Chet Brokaw, The Associated Press | Posted: Friday, June 05, 2009
PIERRE, S.D. -- A 23-year-old rancher whose family has fallen behind in their taxes and recently had a mobile home repossessed has claimed a $232.1 million Powerball jackpot.

Neal Wanless, who lives on his family's 320-acre ranch near Mission, S.D., bought the winning ticket in the nearby town of Winner late last month during a trip to buy livestock feed. He will take home $88.5 million in a lump sum payment after taxes are deducted.

Wanless says his family has been helped by their community and that he "intends to repay that help many times over."

He said in a statement issued Friday that he plans to continue ranching, albeit on a larger ranch. He says he recently told his horse, Eleanor, that "It'd be nice if we go for a longer ride than usual on a bigger ranch of our own."

Rushmore X 06-07-2009 08:50 AM

Made a trip accross the state, was green all of the way and the stock dams looked to be full. Nice to see, it's been awhile since we've seen that this time of year...

lunki98 06-07-2009 07:00 PM

Frankie how did the mud bog go? We have ours in Bison on June 13th. Hoping for good weather and good turn out.

Luke

Iversen-fords 06-08-2009 07:56 AM

Cancled due to rain. Its to muddy to get into the pit area. I think they replann it for the 14th or so.

cowboywanabe 06-08-2009 08:39 AM

Good morning everyone!

Wow, must have been pretty wet to cancel a mud bog!

RedUgly77 06-09-2009 09:40 AM

Good morning South Dakota..

sounds like that guy who won the lottery up there is a really nice, down to earth, smart cowboy..

Cowboy who won $232 million lottery known as 'good kid' - CNN.com

Iversen-fords 06-11-2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 7586674)
Good morning everyone!

Wow, must have been pretty wet to cancel a mud bog!

Well not really but that would of been the case if it kept raining that on till that afternoon. It was more like the rain canceled it

Iversen-fords 06-11-2009 08:32 PM

I also heard the guy that won the lottery bought or order a couple of Fords from the Ford Garage in Murdo. He bought a car and pickup. Not sure what they were but he got them

1979 Ford 06-11-2009 09:42 PM

Funny, my folks and brothers friends have over the past 25 years purchased close to 20 vehicles from Murdo Ford.

Rushmore X 06-14-2009 09:31 AM

Flew back from Sioux Falls Friday, green all the way across the state. Looks like most dams are fuller then they have been in a long time, lots of vegatation around the edges underwater. The James River is as wide as Lake Mitchell!