Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Innovative Tunes for SCT X3 choices..Wanna know if you run them (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/853516-innovative-tunes-for-sct-x3-choices-wanna-know-if-you-run-them.html)

joe blow 05-23-2009 05:44 PM

Innovative Tunes for SCT X3 choices..Wanna know if you run them

Hi all.

I talked to Eric @ Innovative Diesel and am trying to decide which tunes I want. These are offered (I have a NON-Studded engine):

Xtreme Street ($80.00) more
Aggressive Street
Street
Tow
Tow Mild(heavy towing)
Economy

I definitely want an aggresive street tune of some type... Those that have it...what do you think...how is the smoke output and power output from this tune? Please be honest:-X0A6

I am going with the TOW MILD with TURBO BRAKING....Those that have this....what do you think?
I've never heard of turbo braking...I understand how it works, but does it really help in slowing the vehicle and load?

I am going to have him write me a program that will include stock parameters with EGR delete from the PCM memory since I did a full delete from FCDP, but kept my EGR in the manifold plugged in...Eric's suggestion.

I thought about the xtreme program.....I am not sure my NON STUDDED engine will handle this...what do you guys think?

I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you,
Joe

Dustball8504 05-23-2009 05:50 PM

My thoughts are this. A stock truck can blow head gaskets just like a tuned truck. I run a modified xtreme street and it smokes really good, just as much as an ultra comp tune from spartan. Check out my youtube videos, I have a couple with the ultra comp installed to see it smoke. I run my hot tune all the time, even when I'm towing. I found that with the right foot control it handles everything perfectly and the egts are very manageable. I like how it handles much better than any tow tune I've tried. Now if I ever have to tow anything more than a car I think I'll take the hot one out and probably just run stock programming for it. Definitely get the xtreme street for fun times, you'll be happy with it.

joe blow 05-23-2009 05:54 PM

Dustball,
I assume you are studded?

I kinda thought the same in regards to the xtreme street. I monitor my engine BIG TIME when I mash the pedal with my current programmer (superchips 1704). Straight Piping it helped TREMENDOUSLY to lower EGT's and keep them from skyrocketing like they did with a CAT and muffler.

I tow a 17k to 19k 5th wheel and a 8k boat.....I might even stick to towing stock....haven't decided.

Dustball8504 05-23-2009 05:57 PM

I blew the head gaskets when I ran spartan tunes, nothing against them, it was my fault lol. Yes I'm studded but with my tune I rarely see egts above 1200-1300 when Im really REALLY into it, like drag racing. They typically stay in the 600-800 range cruising and pulling a hill with a car on the back sees around 900-1100 depending on speed and how steep it is. Its also the tune that put the numbers in my sig and locks the converter up from 3rd-5th.

strokin83 05-23-2009 06:29 PM

I have the xtreme street and I love that one for sure. I'm not a huge fan of the agressive street tune I'm not sure which one it is but it's a little jumpy. And I tow heavy with the tow mild with turbo braking. I like the tow tune the EGT's stay under 1100 most of the time unless I'm pulling a long grade and the truck downshifts. All in all I don't regret buying any of them I'm sure you will love the xtreme street tune it's hard to find one that shifts as good as that one. It's not too jumpy and the power is there when you need it so It's good for mixed driving. Good luck!

joe blow 05-23-2009 10:02 PM

strokin83,

your motor studded?

cowboybootlegger 05-24-2009 12:18 AM

Yeah, his truck is studded, it's in his sig. I will say this, no matter what tune you're runnin, i hope you have a fuel pressure gauge. I just installed mine recently, and was surprised and a little appalled at how low my fuel pressure would get under WOT with Spartan's ASE tune. I was down to 25psi, and i know that Innovative's Xstreet tune is hotter than spartan's ASE. I installed a second Ford HFCM in line with the stock one,(huge thankx to Will04ex for the idea, and very helpful advice) and my fuel pressure went up 10 psi to 55 at idle, and even under WOT doesn't go below 40psi. An ITP reg. return is next on the list, so i can increase pressure, i'd like to stay above 50 at all times. Just another thing to think about... :)

joe blow 05-24-2009 01:15 AM

I am not sure how to access people's sig's....help?

joe blow 05-24-2009 01:16 AM

I am not sure if it is a good idea to run such a hot tune as Xtreme Street by Innovative (I dont drag race, or drive crazy). I run the truck hard at times and enjoy having the power if I need it. Just not sure.

Cowboybootlegger,

What is an HFCM and where do you get them?

Thanks

foul1 05-24-2009 06:20 AM

Newbie here, why do you want it to smoke other than it would be cool as hell to fill the punks lowerered rice grinders car sitting off to your rear of your box? (Drove my pops 80 3/4 built w/ 3 in pipes chevy was good for this but was gas no smoke omg the volume)

salty 05-24-2009 06:46 AM

i have erics economy, aggressive tow and regular street (not extreme).

I run the street as my daily driver. It has awesome mid range power. I have not noticed any smoke. I'll probably try out the extreme some day but I have to tow my RV to the site before that.

My engine is studded and I have the liberator egr cooler delete kit

slowmans 05-24-2009 09:16 AM

I am not speaking from experience here(never had a tuner on this truck) but alot of people i see on these forums get a tuner and have a stock engine and sooner or later the need head gaskets, so if you wanna play be prepared to pay!! I would love a tuner but im not about to risk being denied warranty(it does happen) and i dont want to fork over 3-5 thousand to have my heads done!!all im saying guys that are new and want to get a chip/tuner be prepared to pay if you get denied, i have been on this and other forums for 4 years and i have heard of alot of guys that think ford wont find out...maybe, maybe they wont but use your head. Everyone says sct is the way to go, personaly after all my research and everyoneelses recomendations thats what i would go with......my point is if you wanna play be prepaired to pay!!!

AND PEOPLES SIGNAURES ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIER POST'S, MINE IS IN BLUE.

Nice Work Truck 05-24-2009 09:49 AM

I have Erics Extreme street as a DD and it is GREAT. I also run his aggressive tow with turbo breaking and it is a BIG help with a heavy load. When I load up my dump trailer my GCVW is about 22-23,000 lbs and it will hold me at the speed I want it to once my truck downshifts on the hills. I am in CT and we have some big hills but nothing like some of the mountains guys tow in out west.

joe blow 05-24-2009 09:51 AM

slowman,

Relax my friend, I can do without the lecture.

I am out of warrant and FULLY understand what the potential dangers are running a non-studded engine with such a hot tune. I currently run a Superchips 1704A and am looking at getting with the times and having a few custom tunes written for my particular application.

This explains why I am trying to get the "CONSTRUCTIVE" advice from people that have experience with these particular tunes from ID.

YOU do not run a tuner or these tunes so I am unsure as to why you even posted other than just to lecture people.

WWBeast 05-24-2009 09:52 AM

I am not studded and run a version of the agr street, he modified it for more smoke bc i like to fill the ricers with smoke....yes the power is really awesome, very drivable as a daily driver...i run it all the time...I know i might blow the heads but im rdy for that so ya...but like everyone has said you can blow them stock...tune runs up to about 3800 rpms at wot, and will hit 1200 pretty quick, however driving around on highway at 65 will run around 700-800...i also used to run the street tune, i really do like the shifts, power and smoke of the agr street...plus u can beat Erics customer service