Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum26/)
-   -   Hot New Ford Lightning Rod Concept Truck! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8535-hot-new-ford-lightning-rod-concept-truck.html)

FTE Ken 02-05-2001 05:15 PM

Hot New Ford Lightning Rod Concept Truck!

Check out the hot new Ford Lightning Rod Concept on the web
site!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/news/newsc4.html

You've never seen tires like the ones on this truck!

Ken Payne
Admin, Ford Truck Enthusiasts

lallen 02-06-2001 07:38 AM

That's pretty cool. I wonder, does this hold some design cues to the next generation F-150, in 2003 I believe?

cobrajet 02-07-2001 12:21 AM

hey everyone, WOW! what a concept truck. i sure hope ford has plans to produce this new lightning rod. i'd sell my '93 cobra to buy one of these new hot rods. one of the best redesigned f-150 in a long time in my eyes. yea i wonder how much those one of a kind tires cost to cut out. i wonder what everyone else thinks about this outstanding truck. C.J.

otto 02-07-2001 05:55 PM

Sure am glad im going to the Chicago auto show this Saturday i guess i will get to see that bad mo fo in person huh YaY

ford4x4offrd 02-08-2001 09:25 AM

Hey,
Love the concept truck. i heard a rumor that ford is not producing any more lightnings and harley davidson editions. any info on this would be helpful. thanks

Transfer from Diesel Room
Jacksland

vpretr 03-29-2001 07:57 AM

That's without a doubt "FINE"!!!only 2things are missing:Motor
upgrade and a tranny to match it.. Why doesn't ford go ahead
and let the 5.4L breathe.... that motor is capable of making
more horses than they let it have! Why not just make an out-
standing,ground stomping,tire-shredding, 450hp and get it over
with. Backed up with a shaft twisting 480lbs of torque. Now that
would shut most sports and some exotic cars up!!!! including a
viper,vette,ferr...... you get the idea

With kindest regards

vpretr

Mr.Lightning

ford4x4offrd 03-29-2001 08:33 AM

drop a 460 into the pig, that will really get her rippin!

-Jacksland

blacklightningf150 03-29-2001 08:35 AM

Must say SWEET Truck !!! Im sure they will make them... right now i drive buy the Ford plant in Oakville ontario for work and they got lines and lines of Lightnings... its almost worth going to jail for just to borow one for a bit !!! lol

2000 F150 Extended Cab 4x4 Sport, all black
Head light covers
Tail light covers
"FordmotorSports" sticker in rear window
Stereo upgrade soon need some "thump"

ford4x4offrd 03-29-2001 08:41 AM

I wish i could drive past a ford plant everyday, im out in the adirondacks of upstate NY and dont see anything but mud, snow, mud, snow, mud, and mud on my truck. god bless ya

-Jacksland

lallen 03-29-2001 11:41 AM

I hear ya there. However a few miles down the road from me is a car storage lot, where they store new cars (and trucks) for transport. I saw a red lightning there 2 days ago, waiting to go to Fredericton. Fredericton is the only SVT dealer in the 4 Atlantic provinces. I always drop in when I am there!
Funny story to share here. Right across from the Halifax international airport is another car transport area. 2 days ago I was speeding out of Halifax, and I was looking to see what was in there. I didn't notice the RCMP siting on the side of the road, with his head and radar gun pointing at me!!! He didn't pull me over. Perhaps I should have pulled in behind him, so I could have had a better look at the lot!!!

wmdan 03-29-2001 05:42 PM