Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Idaho Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum189/)
-   -   Moving milestone (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/850552-moving-milestone.html)

Ford_Six 05-13-2009 01:11 PM

Moving milestone

Well, I'm moving from Jerome to Rexburg, and it's been a pain. We have a ton of crap, heavy stuff, clothing, tools, etc. I've been shuttling back and forth in my Courier, loading it as far as I dare every time, then wallowing all the way back to Rexburg.
My milestone is that I got the lower level of the old house cleared out yesterday. It was a bedroom, laundry room, and a large storage area. I also found out that they didn't put the french doors in right and the basement flooded trashing a couple dozen books :mad:

So, if anyone sees an overloaded blue Courier on the highway that can't go much over 65, that's probably me.

bcrab 05-13-2009 11:46 PM

You'll love it over there if you hunt and fish. Tons of places to go.

Sycostang67 05-14-2009 12:23 AM

How far a drive is that? Did you find a decent job over there?

Ford_Six 05-14-2009 10:13 AM

Haven't found a decent job here yet, but I lost my other job and already had the paperwork in place for the new house.
It's about three hours from there to here. I only run 60-65 loaded.

Sycostang67 05-14-2009 11:12 AM

You're moving all your stuff with a ford courier? Thats gonna be a lot of trips depending on how much stuff you have.

Ford_Six 05-14-2009 12:24 PM

Most of it. I can choose from the Courier, an F250 that gets about 7mpg, and a Subaru turbowagon. The Courier and wagon get about the same mileage, but of course the Courier can haul more.

jwshobe 05-22-2009 08:42 AM

Hope you like it over in Rexburg and good luck with the job search.

Ford_Six 05-22-2009 02:25 PM

Thanks- If you see a really fat woman in a white Aerostar in Jerome, get her info. She owes me for two flat-spotted tires and a blown driveshaft, plus a broken strap and damaged rim on the car I was hauling.
She turned against the light at the Walmart, and if it wasn't for the screaming kid in the front seat I wouldn't have done what I did to avoid her.

Sycostang67 05-22-2009 02:58 PM

You mean we have to worry about her raising a child as stupid as she is!?!

Ford_Six 05-29-2009 01:00 PM

Well, I'm done moving everything out of the house in Jerome. I managed to stuff my Courier into the storage unit so I don't even have that sitting there. Took a huge load in the F250, packed the new Subaru Legacy completely full and threw it on the trailer, and hauled east.
It was kinda funny, I actually got 9.3mpgs doing 70-75 in that thing. That truck loves to run those speeds.

jwshobe 05-30-2009 08:52 AM

Glad to hear that you got everything out. I have been looking for a really fat woman yet in a white areostar van in Jerome-I've been over to Jerome a couple of times in the past week-but to no luck. How is your job search coming Jared?

Ford_Six 05-30-2009 10:56 AM

Not as good as I would hope. I did get unemployment finally, so that helps. Still haven't been able to unload the Jeep. You know it's sad when a running and driving 4x4 doesn't get any offers over $500.
I'm gonna hack up the bodywork on it and paint it OD green, then double the price. Someone will probably grab it then.